Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 163

Thread: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

  1. #151
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,492

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    It depends. If you support the corporate messaging that specifically applauds women, but not men, you would qualify as a feminist.
    It's a simple yes or no question because I already qualified it after the question.

    I believe in women having equal rights with men. Does that make me a feminist? Otherwise, I am not one.

    Yes or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This seems less like palliative care and more like a last meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Parrots of the Caribbean For Abortion!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #152
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    6,997

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    It's not a yes or no question, but I will clarify it this way: Believing in equal opportunity does not make you a feminist, believing in equal outcome would.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's a simple yes or no question because I already qualified it after the question.

    I believe in women having equal rights with men. Does that make me a feminist? Otherwise, I am not one.

    Yes or no?
    Rules for men:
    1. Give as little as possible. 2. Take as much as possible.
    3. Always have an exit. 4. Enjoy your life to the fullest.

  3. #153
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,492

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    It's not a yes or no question, but I will clarify it this way: Believing in equal opportunity does not make you a feminist, believing in equal outcome would.
    So then I'm not a feminist. So then stop calling me one.
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This seems less like palliative care and more like a last meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Parrots of the Caribbean For Abortion!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #154
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    6,997

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    I will take your word for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So then I'm not a feminist. So then stop calling me one.
    Rules for men:
    1. Give as little as possible. 2. Take as much as possible.
    3. Always have an exit. 4. Enjoy your life to the fullest.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    79,969

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Noise cancelling headphones
    but he would still be able to read your posts...

  6. #156
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    79,969

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's a simple yes or no question because I already qualified it after the question.

    I believe in women having equal rights with men. Does that make me a feminist? Otherwise, I am not one.

    Yes or no?
    Up until the 1980's that would have made you a feminist... but not anymore...

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    18,500

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    I have an answer in mind, but I want to see other's answers first before I chime in.

    Scenario: Imagine retracing your steps through 15,000 lines of code as a final verification to make sure you haven't missed handling any application state. There's not only all those lines of code, but all the entity relationships.

    Half way through these hens start cackling things like "My husband had better have done the dishes when I get home or someone is sleeping on the couch." That's just an example, but it can be any mindless non-work-related conversation.

    What would you do to remedy such a scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Learn how to focus on what you are doing, and quit allowing yourself to come up with the umpteenth reason to dislike women.
    Winner winner chicken dinner .

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    18,500

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    I have an answer in mind, but I want to see other's answers first before I chime in.

    Scenario: Imagine retracing your steps through 15,000 lines of code as a final verification to make sure you haven't missed handling any application state. There's not only all those lines of code, but all the entity relationships.

    Half way through these hens start cackling things like "My husband had better have done the dishes when I get home or someone is sleeping on the couch." That's just an example, but it can be any mindless non-work-related conversation.

    What would you do to remedy such a scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    So cackling hens are a collaborative amenity?
    So are the cockfights.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,897

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    I have an answer in mind, but I want to see other's answers first before I chime in.

    Scenario: Imagine retracing your steps through 15,000 lines of code as a final verification to make sure you haven't missed handling any application state. There's not only all those lines of code, but all the entity relationships.

    Half way through these hens start cackling things like "My husband had better have done the dishes when I get home or someone is sleeping on the couch." That's just an example, but it can be any mindless non-work-related conversation.

    What would you do to remedy such a scenario?
    Why are you so easily offended, SDET?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    Whatever else you can call Trump, he sure ain't no misogynist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    79,969

    Re: How do you deal with cackling hens in the office space?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Why are you so easily offended, SDET?
    Why are you offended that he is easily offended?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •