Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What is your opinion of Cuba's approach to prostitution?

  1. #1
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    6,956

    What is your opinion of Cuba's approach to prostitution?

    First of all, lodging is TIGHTLY controlled. Anyone one entering a bedroom in a lodging establishment MUST register, under draconian penalties. Government inspectors regularly inspect guest registers. They are looking for repeat guests. A woman that has been the guest more than perhaps two times per year will get at least an official warning. A tourist that has had multiple guests CAN get a USD 3000 fine, but I have never heard of that being enforced. A woman walking with a tourist in public is often considered a prostitute and will AT LEAST be detained and questioned with a report made of the incident.

    So what is allowed in Cuba? Having a mistress or intimate "relationship" is acceptable even if a quid pro quo money for sex arrangement exists. Sex has nothing to do with Cuba's anti-prostitution efforts. Some bed and breakfast owners will even offer to question your lunch date (those are legal even in quantity) to reveal any red flags about her. You had better choose wisely because, you're selecting someone for the entirety of your trip. You might be able to get away with two, but even then, there's a good chance to be expected to provide an explanation. For example, if you discovered that the first one was a thief.

    Do you think that this is a good or bad approach.

    This is a serious discussions. Refraining from derailing my thread is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,056

    Re: What is your opinion of Cuba's approach to prostitution?

    This sounds like a you problem, not a problem any decent normal human being would have.
    Days Since Last Trump Twitter Tantrum: 0

  3. #3
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: What is your opinion of Cuba's approach to prostitution?

    Who says it's a problem? It's the laws and how they are applied in one particular country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    This sounds like a you problem, not a problem any decent normal human being would have.

  4. #4
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,056

    Re: What is your opinion of Cuba's approach to prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Who says it's a problem? It's the laws and how they are applied in one particular country.
    Really because by the sounds of it you have problems with it.
    Days Since Last Trump Twitter Tantrum: 0

  5. #5
    A Little Bitter

    Mr Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: What is your opinion of Cuba's approach to prostitution?

    Those of us who do not need prostitutes to get laid generally don't think much about prostitution laws, especially those in foreign countries.
    Zelensky: [. . .] We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

    Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though [. . . ]

  6. #6
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    25,750

    Re: What is your opinion of Cuba's approach to prostitution?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    First of all, lodging is TIGHTLY controlled. Anyone one entering a bedroom in a lodging establishment MUST register, under draconian penalties. Government inspectors regularly inspect guest registers. They are looking for repeat guests. A woman that has been the guest more than perhaps two times per year will get at least an official warning. A tourist that has had multiple guests CAN get a USD 3000 fine, but I have never heard of that being enforced. A woman walking with a tourist in public is often considered a prostitute and will AT LEAST be detained and questioned with a report made of the incident.

    So what is allowed in Cuba? Having a mistress or intimate "relationship" is acceptable even if a quid pro quo money for sex arrangement exists. Sex has nothing to do with Cuba's anti-prostitution efforts. Some bed and breakfast owners will even offer to question your lunch date (those are legal even in quantity) to reveal any red flags about her. You had better choose wisely because, you're selecting someone for the entirety of your trip. You might be able to get away with two, but even then, there's a good chance to be expected to provide an explanation. For example, if you discovered that the first one was a thief.

    Do you think that this is a good or bad approach.

    This is a serious discussions. Refraining from derailing my thread is appreciated.
    Cuba is very much a Catholic/Christian society, so it would not surprise me if the rules reflected such dogma.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •