Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Why do battered women protect their husbands lives?

  1. #31
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    11-13-19 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,776

    Re: Why do battered women protect their husbands lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    I have a specific question for you: If you had a female relative that could convince such a woman to let her husband get into a machete fight, would you do it? How would you feel about accompanying such a woman to the morgue to identify her husband, especially knowing that his death occurred by acting on your advice? You wouldn't be legally liable, but your deeds would be attributable to someone's death.
    I would do it in a heartbeat and not feel the slightest guilt or remorse. Death by machete is too kind for anyone that would harm the women in my life and under my protection.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  2. #32
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,009

    Re: Why do battered women protect their husbands lives?

    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just pointing out the reality. I have met a few 18-21 year old widows. Some women do make the choice of not interfering with an abusive husband meeting his death. That's sometimes how problems get solved in a lawless environment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    I would do it in a heartbeat and not feel the slightest guilt or remorse. Death by machete is too kind for anyone that would harm the women in my life and under my protection.

  3. #33
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,146
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Why do battered women protect their husbands lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    I have a specific question for you: If you had a female relative that could convince such a woman to let her husband get into a machete fight, would you do it? How would you feel about accompanying such a woman to the morgue to identify her husband, especially knowing that his death occurred by acting on your advice? You wouldn't be legally liable, but your deeds would be attributable to someone's death.
    Man goes and gets drunk, gets into and is killed in a machete fight, and you blame his wife for instead not urging him to stay home and beat her instead? That's some extremely twisted woman-hating going on in that reasoning.

  4. #34
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    45,146
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Why do battered women protect their husbands lives?

    The Democratic Party's plan for how to deal with this is to promise those men who assault women is to promise them sanctuary if they will leave their wife and children to instead come to the USA and beat (rape and murder) American women instead.

  5. #35
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,009

    Re: Why do battered women protect their husbands lives?

    No blaming here, only looking at outcomes associated with the different actions. It's playing the cards one is dealt as it were.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Man goes and gets drunk, gets into and is killed in a machete fight, and you blame his wife for instead not urging him to stay home and beat her instead? That's some extremely twisted woman-hating going on in that reasoning.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •