Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 126

Thread: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

  1. #91
    Professor Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5°N, -149°W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So what you're saying is you don't like living in a civilized society, is that it?
    I don't consider leftist fascism to be civilized.

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    113,909

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    No, society hasn't. Only the fascist left. The anti-American left always think they have the authority to tell others what they do or don't need. It is an obvious symptom of their mental illness.
    Society has always done that as part of creating the environment people want to live in.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #93
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,252

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Not according to the NRA.

    He posed a threat to public safety. You should read the preamble to the US constitution, sometime.
    you have the opportunity
    share with all of us the provisions of the preamble, which will allow us to understand why someone should be arrested for bearing arms in a public place
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    ... You love standards so much, you have two of them ...
    ​45<44

  4. #94
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,806

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    You know that, legally speaking, the preamble is completely meaningless, right? The Supreme Law of the Land is contained within the Articles and Amendments of the document, not the introductory Preamble.
    True, but it does state the intent of "We the People" and what kind of government we agreed to in order to form a more perfect Union. In it is says, the People want a government to insure the domestic tranquility and provide for the common defense. The SCOTUS often refers to the Preamble for the framers intent when interpreting the Constitution and the Amendments.
    “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” - Mueller report

  5. #95
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,806

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you have the opportunity
    share with all of us the provisions of the preamble, which will allow us to understand why someone should be arrested for bearing arms in a public place
    We (the founders) formed a government to insure domestic tranquility and provide for the common defense. In this case, the armed man was posing a threat to our domestic tranquility and the government did it's job in providing for our common defense by apprehending him.
    “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” - Mueller report

  6. #96
    Professor Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5°N, -149°W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    True, but it does state the intent of "We the People" and what kind of government we agreed to in order to form a more perfect Union. In it is says, the People want a government to insure the domestic tranquility and provide for the common defense. The SCOTUS often refers to the Preamble for the framers intent when interpreting the Constitution and the Amendments.
    You know that "We the People" had absolutely nothing to do with the US Constitution, right? The document was written in secret and its fate was decided by 9 of the 13 State and Commonwealth legislatures. The people had absolutely no say in the matter. The Supreme Court never refers to the preamble when determining the constitutionality of the law. All you have is sophistry and deliberate lies. You will have to do much better.

  7. #97
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,806

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    I don't consider leftist fascism to be civilized.
    Historically, Fascism has always been a right wing ideology and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” - Mueller report

  8. #98
    Professor Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5°N, -149°W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Historically, Fascism has always been a right wing ideology and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    You're obviously not a very good student of history. Benito Mussolini is the founder of fascism and a devote socialist, and he defined fascism as "Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State." Which is very leftist indeed.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,806

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    You know that "We the People" had absolutely nothing to do with the US Constitution, right? The document was written in secret and its fate was decided by 9 of the 13 State and Commonwealth legislatures. The people had absolutely no say in the matter. The Supreme Court never refers to the preamble when determining the constitutionality of the law. All you have is sophistry and deliberate lies. You will have to do much better.
    You know that the US Constitution is a 'social' contract, right?

    Social contract - Wikipedia


    I'm pretty sure the SCOTUS has referred to the Preamble when deciding case law....

    U.S. Constitution Preamble, Cites to Case Law
    “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” - Mueller report

  10. #100
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,806

    Re: Springfield (MO) Walmart Rifle/Body Armor Event is NOT a Second Amendment Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    You're obviously not a very good student of history. Benito Mussolini is the founder of fascism and a devote socialist, and he defined fascism as "Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State." Which is very leftist indeed.
    You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own set of facts.


    Fascism is a form of radical right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[4] The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I, before spreading to other European countries.[4] Opposed to liberalism, Marxism, and anarchism, fascism is placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.[4][5]..."

    Fascism - Wikipedia
    “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” - Mueller report

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •