Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

  1. #11
    Professor lwf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    PNW
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,837

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by enscausasui View Post
    lwf
    So you are the all knowing being who sees that I should be speaking otherwise and, you have determined that my current mode of language is somehow lacking, or, are you lacking both the education and the reflection requisite to follow ? I am writing as simply as I possibly can given neessity to discuss determination as negatio; which, indeed, is sort of from the other side of the looking glass... Appears you are attempting to criticize what you don't yet, or, may never, understand, as Dylan would say...Duane
    I wasn't suggesting you alter your behavior. Just asking a simple question. One man's eloquence is another's magniloquence, and yours strikes me as pretension.

  2. #12
    Sage



    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    This thread brings one word to my mind. Highfalutin

    highfalutin adjective
    high·​fa·​lu·​tin | \ ˌhī-fə-ˈlü-tᵊn
    \
    variants: or less commonly hifalutin
    Definition of highfalutin

    1 : pretentious, fancy highfalutin people
    2 : expressed in or marked by the use of language that is elaborated or heightened by artificial or empty means : pompous giving a highfalutin speech

    OK carry on with your silliness please.
    "Opportunity is missed by most because it is
    dressed in overalls and it looks like WORK."
    Thomas A. Edison

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    03-19-19 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by lwf View Post
    I wasn't suggesting you alter your behavior. Just asking a simple question. One man's eloquence is another's magniloquence, and yours strikes me as pretension.
    With the essay I am addressing and describing a situation which has not either been described or approached before. It is original thinking, original writing. I am not intentionally attempting to be pretentious, I am attempting to describe a state of affairs which I see and wish to sketch-forth; and, all others seem able to do is to say that I should be writing and thinking in accord with what they deem to be another, preferable, mode of communication, because, in the few short hours since my post has appeared, these others have completely read, followed, and comprehended my position, and are ready to tell me that it should have been thought and written otherwise ! ? I should have written the piece in billions of versions, one for each person on earth...Lwf, you are not achieving anything by acting alike some English comp. instructor, some literary critic. If you cannot critique and defeat the fundamental positions posited by the writing, you are not really contributing anything; okay, you are infinitely wiser and supremely more modest and appropriate than I, nonetheless, your position is mere argumentum ad hominem, and, as such, is fallacious...
    Go ahead and write the piece the way you prefer it should have been written, and, thereby, make a contribution. Merely characterizing me as pretentious or as any of an infinite series of foibles is senseless. It does not matter what I am or am not, what matters is whether or not you can constructively destroy my written position...

    Duane

  4. #14
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    03-18-19 @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,765

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by enscausasui View Post
    With the essay I am addressing and describing a situation which has not either been described or approached before. It is original thinking, original writing. I am not intentionally attempting to be pretentious, I am attempting to describe a state of affairs which I see and wish to sketch-forth; and, all others seem able to do is to say that I should be writing and thinking in accord with what they deem to be another, preferable, mode of communication, because, in the few short hours since my post has appeared, these others have completely read, followed, and comprehended my position, and are ready to tell me that it should have been thought and written otherwise ! ? I should have written the piece in billions of versions, one for each person on earth...Lwf, you are not achieving anything by acting alike some English comp. instructor, some literary critic. If you cannot critique and defeat the fundamental positions posited by the writing, you are not really contributing anything; okay, you are infinitely wiser and supremely more modest and appropriate than I, nonetheless, your position is mere argumentum ad hominem, and, as such, is fallacious...
    Go ahead and write the piece the way you prefer it should have been written, and, thereby, make a contribution. Merely characterizing me as pretentious or as any of an infinite series of foibles is senseless. It does not matter what I am or am not, what matters is whether or not you can constructively destroy my written position...

    Duane
    No, it's not original. I remember reading the very same stuff back when I was a kid, around 1684.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-15-19 @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,521

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by enscausasui View Post
    Are you saying that you do not understand the terminology and, you do not follow the intellectual instrumentation being employed (?), which terminology and instrumentation are both of the French existentialist ilk. Perhaps you lack an existentialist instrumentation, and therefore see the language/thought as alien. Because the essay is unintelligible to you does not mean it is unintelligible per se. I should have prefaced it thus:

    Every subjoined word, phrase, sentence and punctuation mark could interminably be selected and styled otherwise than is the case herein; nonetheless, the contingent configuration of terms and presentation style, which in fact constitutes my critique of jurisprudential reason, is employed for the sake of setting forth original thought as language whereby, extant jurisprudential construct-error can be both described and, ameliorated. It is pointless for readers to attempt to criticize anything other than the theoretical viability of positions maintained herein, which could have been cast in different words and figuration ad infinitum.
    Instead of acting toward the author as if you are an all knowing English composition instructor, knowing infinitely better than the writer of the piece, how it should be or should have been written,the reader needs, instead, to reach out beyond his current capacity, and strive toward comprehension of the theoretical considerations with which the auteur is concerned. Which means, precisely, breaking out the thesaurus which is the world wide web, and working one's noodle. Duane
    Welcome to the forum.
    I suggest you hang with Xelor.
    Thank me later.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #16
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lebanon Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    376

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by enscausasui View Post
    lwf
    So you are the all knowing being who sees that I should be speaking otherwise and, you have determined that my current mode of language is somehow lacking, or, are you lacking both the education and the reflection requisite to follow ? I am writing as simply as I possibly can given neessity to discuss determination as negation; which, indeed, is sort of from the other side of the looking glass... Appears you are attempting to criticize what you don't yet, or, may never, understand, as Dylan would say...Duane
    In short, you are saying you are doing the best you can, to communicate your ideas. Well, you still are failing. Its not a terrible thing. You just do not have the talent to write well. It happens.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    03-19-19 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
    In short, you are saying you are doing the best you can, to communicate your ideas. Well, you still are failing. Its not a terrible thing. You just do not have the talent to write well. It happens.
    I write radically beautifully, intelligibly, fantastically, superlatively. This is not the only forum this piece is posted upon, and others, on existentialist forums, have informed me my writing is intelligible. You simply are not intellectually instrumented, via having studied Spinoza, Heidegger and Sartre, to readily comprehend the language of the negation, the language of the originative mode whereby human action transpires. Nor do you follow/comprehend extensive thoughts. It is a terrible thing, because you blame me for your lacks, failings; instead of taking full responsibility for yourself, and admitting that you have neither the education, nor the reflection, to read a philosophy of nihilation. The male physiology is incapable of absorbing spermatozoa, as is not the case with the female. Spermatozoa fatally vetoes and dissolves the homosexual's somatic integrity. Your brain matter has been dissolved by corrosive ejaculate. I will not be insulted by a cum-soaked-old-cock-sucker who, cries like a little girl, the moment she encounters some hard, stiff, thinking !

  8. #18
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    03-19-19 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    I suggest you hang with Xelor.
    Thank me later.
    Thanks a million now for the welcome, Excon ! Duane

  9. #19
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    03-19-19 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Quote Originally Posted by lwf View Post
    Law is not descriptive, it is proscriptive. It's not the language of the law that determines my actions, it is the consequences of violating it.
    I did not make any statement regarding law as descriptive.

    When a police or prosecutorial officer, or a magistrate, undertakes any action against you, he is claiming that he is bound and determined, by extant law, to act in the manner prescribed by law, against you. He will actually kill you in the name of the law which he sees, before him, published upon some page. It is the claim of the inauthoritative authority, that he is determined, and/or determines himself, to take your life for a crime, on the basis of, and in the name of, published language of law, with which I am concerned; because, it is a mistaken claim...mistaken because a human act does not arise upon the basis of some thing already contained in the world, but, rather, arises upon the basis of what is not, not yet, future...

    Law attempts to be both proscriptive and prescriptive, which prescription and proscription, I am saying, is not really a possibility for a language of law, which language is a given, while human action/inaction upsurges out of nothing, nothings, like, as you say, the future and as yet non existent consequences of one's act. You are agreeing that it is not, cannot be, the language of law which determines action/inaction. It is the silent claim of our so called authorities, that they are bound and determined by the language of law, which I am interested in exposing as a mistaken, silent, presupposition. All that inauthoritative authority has is violence and the promise of violence against one's well being. ONE CANNOT "VIOLATE" THAT WHICH IN FACT HAS NO ACTUAL EFFICACY WITHIN HUMAN AFFAIRS. Law in fact has no efficacy within human affairs. because it is a given state of affairs, which inauthoritative authority is mistakenly attempting to employ against human beings, while, all the while, human beings are not determined to action by given prohibition, by given prescription. You are being coerced by promises of violence against your person. Police kill persons constantly because, they are so whacked-out that they think they own one's very life, due to their job to enforce a language of law which in itself is powerless. We are now living in a state more dangerous to our well being than the state of chaos which everyone fears will ensue absent a legal system. A pure state of nature would be safer than the current state of affairs wherein the very persons who pretend to be our protectors are, in their fanatic zeal to enforce law, murdering us on a daily basis, before we might even see the inside of a courtroom ! Duane

  10. #20
    Guru
    Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    On the Silk Road
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,751
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Law is Not Determinative of Human Conduct

    Cool story.

    I gotta go watch some paint dry...laters.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •