Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 261 to 266 of 266

Thread: Fidel Castro, Longtime Dictator of Cuba, Has Died

  1. #261
    Guru

    Sandokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angels, USA
    Last Seen
    10-16-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Fidel Castro, Longtime Dictator of Cuba, Has Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    Fidel was a pretty merciless tyrant, with political prisoners sentences matched in length only in China and on Taiwan (years ago). I wonder how things would have worked out if there were no Soviet Union, no Cold War. No excuses for Fidel, however.
    But you do not need to wonder how things have work out with Fidel Castro tyrannical regime.

    Excerpt from the article above.
    A short drive through the streets of Havana is all it takes to realize that Fidel Castro’s most obvious legacy is the devastation of Cuba’s infrastructure. The city that for centuries was one of the most important capitals of the Western Hemisphere lies in ruins, as if it had suffered the ravages of a protracted civil war.
    According to the Cuban National Housing Institute the house deficit is estimated at1.6 million units. Of the existent units 75% are over 40 years old, and 60% are in bad or average condition.

    This video shows the city of Hiroshima 65 years after the atomic blast obliterated the city, and through images compares it to the city of La Habana nowadays. It teaches us that in the long run the consequences of the Castroit regime are more devastating that the weapons of mass destruction.

    hiroshima-habana


    The crumbling buildings look like a war zone. However, these ruins were not created by war, but by deliberate neglect. The decrepit state of the buildings in Havana after five decades of neglect by the Castroit tyranny, keep causing the death of Cuban living in condemned building.

    Fidel Castro unchecked power has been responsible for the economic disaster of the island and devastation of Havana, one of the oldest and beautiful city in the American continent.

  2. #262
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Fidel Castro, Longtime Dictator of Cuba, Has Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan View Post
    But you do not need to wonder how things have work out with Fidel Castro tyrannical regime.

    Excerpt from the article above.
    According to the Cuban National Housing Institute the house deficit is estimated at1.6 million units. Of the existent units 75% are over 40 years old, and 60% are in bad or average condition.

    This video shows the city of Hiroshima 65 years after the atomic blast obliterated the city, and through images compares it to the city of La Habana nowadays. It teaches us that in the long run the consequences of the Castroit regime are more devastating that the weapons of mass destruction.

    hiroshima-habana


    The crumbling buildings look like a war zone. However, these ruins were not created by war, but by deliberate neglect. The decrepit state of the buildings in Havana after five decades of neglect by the Castroit tyranny, keep causing the death of Cuban living in condemned building.

    Fidel Castro unchecked power has been responsible for the economic disaster of the island and devastation of Havana, one of the oldest and beautiful city in the American continent.
    In fairness to Fidel, his priorities didn't include preserving Havana. The attention went to the countryside, for good or for ill.

  3. #263
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Seen
    10-15-17 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,250

    Re: Fidel Castro, Longtime Dictator of Cuba, Has Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan View Post

    Fidel Castro unchecked power has been responsible for the economic disaster of the island and devastation of Havana, one of the oldest and beautiful city in the American continent.
    Pure unadulterated USA bull****. Cuba is how it is because of the well over a century of USA war crimes and terrorism. You folks know diddly squat about your own country's vicious war crimes and terrorism.

    For the last quarter century, the entire world, the UNGA, has been condemning the US for its terrorism against Cuba by votes of 198 to 2. Guess who the two is, USA and its war criminal partner, Israel.

    Castro had to maintain a firm grip because your terrorist CIA and your war criminal governments were always in there trying to regain control of Cuba so the USA could install another of its vicious right wing dictatorships - does Batista ring a bell for any of you sharp historians, to continue stealing Cubans' wealth.

  4. #264
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,025

    Re: Fidel Castro, Longtime Dictator of Cuba, Has Died

    Quote Originally Posted by camlok View Post
    Pure unadulterated USA bull****. Cuba is how it is because of the well over a century of USA war crimes and terrorism. You folks know diddly squat about your own country's vicious war crimes and terrorism.

    For the last quarter century, the entire world, the UNGA, has been condemning the US for its terrorism against Cuba by votes of 198 to 2. Guess who the two is, USA and its war criminal partner, Israel.

    Castro had to maintain a firm grip because your terrorist CIA and your war criminal governments were always in there trying to regain control of Cuba so the USA could install another of its vicious right wing dictatorships - does Batista ring a bell for any of you sharp historians, to continue stealing Cubans' wealth.
    Utterly false, as usual. Your knee jerk support for brutal dictatorships is always amusing, but your constant shrieking of "war crimes" without any shred of evidence helps torpedo your case exceptionally quickly. Keep up your work helping us laugh at what fools CTers are.

  5. #265
    Guru

    Sandokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angels, USA
    Last Seen
    10-16-17 @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Fidel Castro, Longtime Dictator of Cuba, Has Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    In fairness to Fidel, his priorities didn't include preserving Havana. The attention went to the countryside, for good or for ill.
    During the last 50 years the construction of new houses has been dismal. The regime statistics in the construction of new houses are cooked. This suspicion is validated by Former Vice-Minister Carlos Lage who near the beginning of 2009 revealed that less than half of the 111,300 housing units claimed built in 2006 were in fact built. Beside the 2002 census data show that of the new housing units built between 1990 and 2002, close to 50,000 were bohíos and adobe structures (primitive countryside dwellings with palm bark or adobe walls, earthen floors and palm leave roofs). Those can’t be classified as adequate housing.

  6. #266
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-12-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,943

    Re: Fidel Castro, Longtime Dictator of Cuba, Has Died

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan View Post
    During the last 50 years the construction of new houses has been dismal. The regime statistics in the construction of new houses are cooked. This suspicion is validated by Former Vice-Minister Carlos Lage who near the beginning of 2009 revealed that less than half of the 111,300 housing units claimed built in 2006 were in fact built. Beside the 2002 census data show that of the new housing units built between 1990 and 2002, close to 50,000 were bohíos and adobe structures (primitive countryside dwellings with palm bark or adobe walls, earthen floors and palm leave roofs). Those can’t be classified as adequate housing.
    Just to add some balance, where would you be safer walking at night: Havana or Mexico City? Holguin or Tampico ?
    A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike. Proverbs 27:15

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •