Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 236 of 236

Thread: ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement[W:25]

  1. #231
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement[W:25]

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ 2.0 View Post
    this is both a non sequitur and demonstrably false. Settlements have nothing to do with whether individual palestinians have legal rights, and in any event your point is wrong since courts do enforce property rights where they can be established.



    Yeah, so it kind of does....

    Israeli Arabs are citizens and have full legal rights. The difference between Israeli Arabs and "Palestinians" is citizenship. So yes, Palestinian "citizens" of Israel have full legal rights.

    Incidentally, if Israel annexed the entire WB and cut Gaza back off to Egypt and extended full legal rights to the Palestinians in the WB it would not threaten Israel's Jewish majority. That work for you?
    However there are the Palestinian despora demand the right of return? Approximately 6 million Palestinians live outside of palestine
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  2. #232
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,303

    Re: ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'm not sure if it's one long unfunny joke or not but anyway just so we're clear here you were backing pre-1967 Jordan - a barbaric regime. I'm not even backing modern Jordan - a less barbaric but still backwards regime. What is your point here exactly? You're really bad with that logic thing.

    And who in the West isn't buying my arguments?
    Not sure even you have an idea what you're talking about at this point.
    No buddy, even then Jordan wasn't a "barbaric regime". The fact that no one died in their "ethnic cleansing" is Case A of that. But I'm not suprised that you can't comprehend that. After all, since you try to use religious claims to justify your land grabs, you obviously have to demonize those who oppose you.

    Your fantasies, though, are incredibly amusing. You are the one trying to claim Jordan is a "barbaric regime" when Israel has had great relations with the country for years. Now, unless "barbarians" is Israeli slang for all Arabs, you are the one claiming Israel has been quite friendly with a nasty regime(which isn't the case, of course, but.....)

    Very few people are buying your claims at this point. Over the past few years, for the first time in the United States, you've had serious, legitimate opposition for what you've wanted to do, and it's clearly rattled you.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Tigerace117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,303

    Re: ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Your reply does not fit the post it replied to, I was reacting to your "wiping the tribes" claim.
    Anyway spare me the empty rhetoric, standing with one evil is standing with all.
    Oh look, more delusional claims from you. I guess you think Israel "stands with evil" then huh buddy.

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,191

    Re: ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement[W:25]

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement

    Ahead of Trump's pronouncement, close U.S. allies such as Britain, France and Germany had criticized him and questioned the wisdom of such a move. German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said Tuesday that the pursuit of such policies by the Trump administration is why traditional U.S.-European ties have started to “crumble.”

    “We all know the far-reaching impact this move would have,” Gabriel said. “Germany’s position on this issue remains unchanged: A solution to the Jerusalem problem can only be found through direct negotiations between both parties. Everything which worsens the crisis is counterproductive.”

    In Russia, the Kremlin also joined the list of nations fearing that such a move will exacerbate tensions between Israel and Palestinians, saying that the situation could worsen as a result. It was one of the few times a Kremlin foreign policy goal has converged with that of most NATO member states.Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said the U.S. plan is “unlawful” and could have “irreversible consequences” in the region.


    So, looks like Trump managed to unite the whole damn world against us this time.

    I can't think of anything more likely to cause attacks than recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol or Israel.The only group that will happy with this is religious fanatics - including evangelicals around the world and right wing Israelis. I can't think of any group in the US who benefits by this other than the 'end is nigh' crowd pushing for the 3rd temple. What possible reason could he have for making this decision?

    Right now I am betting a reversal will come - because this is ridiculous.
    From a Geopolitical view, Trumps new policy is terrible, and it accomplishes nothing but alienating EVERYONE in the Middle East except Israel. This country has bent over backwards to aid Israel for 60 years, at great expense to our relationship with key Arab Allies. A line must be drawn, ALL of our NATO partners are telling Trump not to do this, for the obvious reasons. The man has ZERO political savvy, and I question what type of guidance he is getting from the State Dept on this matter.
    And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything." –Donald Trump

  5. #235
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace117 View Post
    Oh look, more delusional claims from you. I guess you think Israel "stands with evil" then huh buddy.
    Although I was referring to your defense of pre-1967 Jordan and its behavior, Israel doesn't stand with modern 2017 Jordan, there is a peace agreement but the two nations aren't allies. Delusional claims indeed.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #236
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: ‘It’s catastrophic’: U.S. allies reject Trump’s Jerusalem pronouncement

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerace117 View Post
    No buddy, even then Jordan wasn't a "barbaric regime". The fact that no one died in their "ethnic cleansing" is Case A of that. But I'm not suprised that you can't comprehend that. After all, since you try to use religious claims to justify your land grabs, you obviously have to demonize those who oppose you.

    Your fantasies, though, are incredibly amusing. You are the one trying to claim Jordan is a "barbaric regime" when Israel has had great relations with the country for years. Now, unless "barbarians" is Israeli slang for all Arabs, you are the one claiming Israel has been quite friendly with a nasty regime(which isn't the case, of course, but.....)

    Very few people are buying your claims at this point. Over the past few years, for the first time in the United States, you've had serious, legitimate opposition for what you've wanted to do, and it's clearly rattled you.
    "No one was murdered by the regime" isn't a real argument, just like your "it's not the worst atrocity in the world" wasn't a real argument. You don't seem to understand basic human morality.

    I understand the existence of the Jewish people in their homeland upsets you as I told you in the first post, but there's not much to be done about it.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •