View Poll Results: Do you believe that U.S intervention in the Middle East, Asia and Europe is Oil motivated?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 55.00%
  • No

    6 30.00%
  • Maybe

    3 15.00%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109

Thread: It was all about Oil

  1. #11
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    03-29-20 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    "Control the oil, control the world."
    Exactly, you are right

  2. #12
    Professor
    beancounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    At the Center of Eternity
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,807

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Of course it's about the oil.

    I would love to be alive the day the world runs out of oil (or finds a viable alternative to oil)

    I would gleefully watch as the U.S. withdraws from the area, and various Middle Eastern nations kill each other over sand dunes.
    If you have to resort to insults, name calling, ad hominem attacks, straw men, red herrings, appeals to authority, and other dirty debate tactics, the veracity of you argument is questionable.

  3. #13
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    03-29-20 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    Cite your sources for that claim, please.



    Question: If the United States government was and remains so monstrously corrupt, cynical and ruthless, as you claim, why would they not have fabricated reports of finding Weapons of Mass Destruction and perhaps have planted evidence of such weaponry being found in order to maintain an airtight casus belli? I mean, might as well go all the way, right? Wouldn't that have been the FIRST thing that a bunch of evil war profiteers with half a brain have thought to do?
    And what is the point of citing known facts? Does Hilary Clinton admit hanging out with ultra-orthodoxy Islam since cold war days?

  4. #14
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    36,229

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    "Control the oil, control the world."
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

  5. #15
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    58,847

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    I've been saying it from the very beginning, it's always about the oil.
    War is almost always about major economic interests, which in the ME happens to be oil, but oil is not the only major economic interest that wars are fought over.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #16
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,134

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    War is almost always about major economic interests, which in the ME happens to be oil, but oil is not the only major economic interest that wars are fought over.
    Yep, what happens when the oil is gone?
    We walk by faith, not by sight.

    So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

  7. #17
    Sage
    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    12-30-19 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,757

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by stan1990 View Post
    It's always about oil, gas. Why do some people think that the United States invaded Iraq to topple a regime that is described as a dictator even though during the 1980s, it was supplying that regime with weapons and ammunition? Weapons of mass destruction are only a pretext because it was supplied by Western countries such as the United States and Britain, and Iraq didn't have the technology to produce them. It is naive to think that the United States resembles the big heart cowboy who helps the inhabitants of isolated towns get rid of the bad guys because they don't know how to use weapons, and he demands no money.

    Countries like the United States and Britain are known to have supported dictatorships such as Augusto Pinochet in Chile and Argentina's military regime. Before that, the United States supported all coup attempts in Latin America. It started with the 1954 coup in Guatemala because President Jacob Arbenz had nationalized part of the United Fruit Company's unused land. Propaganda against Guatemala, which focused on being a state ruled by a communist president, was carried out by the famous propaganda tycoon Edward Bernays. But what the United States did there would not be surprised when everyone recognizes the names of the United Fruit Company owners. All the crimes committed by the military regimes in Latin America were not enough to provoke humanity and human rights sentiment with successive US administrations.

    Oil is the primary reason behind every conflict from Europe to Latin America and the Middle East. Even in Asia, in Burma, a country important to China as a potential transit area for oil pipelines. The conflict over the South China Sea fueled by US interventions in Asian affairs has to do with oil. The US worried about the growth of Chinese military power and the economy is seeking to block it off from its energy sources. A new Cold War in Asia with China not the Soviet Union as the peer and, of course, the United States, a country addicted to wars and proxy intervention in other countries' affairs. The conflict in Ukraine over the region known Dneiper-Donets is only another chapter of the world's oil wars. The region bordering Russia is floating on an enormous oil reserve estimated at billions of barrels of oil in an unconventional area for oil deposits. In Syria, Western countries such as the United States, Britain, France and Arab allies have financed terrorist organizations such as Al Qaeda and ISIS to topple a regime they describe as bloody and dictatorial. But these organizations, bragging about their crimes and publishing videos in which Syrian civilians are beheaded, is nothing but a tool in Western countries to use in proxy wars that have been linked in one way or another to oil.

    To conclude the thread by talking about Iraq as it began, there is a number of facts confirming American intentions to invade Iraq, which is floating on the second oil reserves after Saudi Arabia. First, Halliburton, whose former director, Dick Cheney, US Vice President George W. Bush, published a report in October 2002 on the control of oil fields and refining facilities after the invasion and occupation of Iraq. The American occupation forces took control of the Iraqi Oil Ministry even before its military deployment in Baghdad was completed. Second, in the weeks following the invasion, the US deputy defense secretary admitted that oil was the cause, not the fight against terrorism. Third, the United States has tried hard to find even weak evidence linking the Iraqi regime to fundamentalist Islamist organizations such as al-Qaeda but failed. Finally, no weapons of mass destruction have been discovered in Iraq and turned out to be fabricated and false reports by Iraqi opposition and citizens who wished their refugee applications accepted in Western countries by fabricating fictitious stories of chemical and biological weapons in mobile trucks roaming the various regions of Iraq for camouflage.

    All these wars, which killed hundreds of thousands of dead, wounded and missing, massive destruction of infrastructure, and economic collapse have only one reason: the US desire to control the sources of energy and its transmission lines for geopolitical goals within the framework of the new Cold War and its conflict with Russia. And China.

    End
    It will always be about oil. Why is this a surprise, or a problem?
    Nancy Pelosi: March, 2019
    "Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,”

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,995

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Yep, what happens when the oil is gone?
    We leave

  9. #19
    Sage
    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    12-30-19 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,757

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    I've been saying it from the very beginning, it's always about the oil.
    It's always been about oil. No special recognitions for understanding the obvious.

    Why else would be there?
    Nancy Pelosi: March, 2019
    "Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country,”

  10. #20
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    58,847

    Re: It was all about Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Yep, what happens when the oil is gone?
    I would assume war to obtain control over some other economic interest.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •