Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Insurance Companies NOW want to rush back into the ACA Exchange (Big Change)

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215
    Blog Entries
    2

  2. #2
    Guru swing_voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,360

    Re: Insurance Companies NOW want to rush back into the ACA Exchange (Big Change)



    That's good news.

    The only people I know who use Obamacare are small business owners, like landscapers, plumbers, hairdressers etc. They used to have to buy expensive insurance on the open market, Obamacare saves them some money.

    The irony of this is that small business owners make up a big chunk of the republican base.

  3. #3
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    14,886

    Re: Insurance Companies NOW want to rush back into the ACA Exchange (Big Change)

    Quote Originally Posted by swing_voter View Post
    That's good news.

    The only people I know who use Obamacare are small business owners, like landscapers, plumbers, hairdressers etc. They used to have to buy expensive insurance on the open market, Obamacare saves them some money.

    The irony of this is that small business owners make up a big chunk of the republican base.
    Really. Last time I looked in California they didnt even sell insurance just an exceptionally expensive discount plan. All my other insurance of any kind covers 100% with most having some sort of deductible. All the California exchange **** when I was shopping was max coverage of 80% after a 6000 deductible and payments of 1500+ a month. 1500 times 12 equals 18,000. Plus 6000 to use it. And then you STILL get a bill for the remaining 20% of the medical bills? Thats not ****ing insurance. I used to be able to get a high deductible plan for 150 a month cover 100% after a 5000 dollar deductible and 2 million limit. If I cant fix myself with 2 million dollars I am ****ed ands its not from lack of insurance. I buy business auto coverage for large trucks with all the bells and whistles including umbrella coverage of 2 million with a 2500 deductible for a 900 a month for everything. There's far more risk involved in my business. Medical insurance by and large should be far cheaper than business auto coverage. There are no headhunters and shady lawyers tap it.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Insurance Companies NOW want to rush back into the ACA Exchange (Big Change)

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Really. Last time I looked in California they didnt even sell insurance just an exceptionally expensive discount plan. All my other insurance of any kind covers 100% with most having some sort of deductible. All the California exchange **** when I was shopping was max coverage of 80% after a 6000 deductible and payments of 1500+ a month. 1500 times 12 equals 18,000. Plus 6000 to use it. And then you STILL get a bill for the remaining 20% of the medical bills? Thats not ****ing insurance. I used to be able to get a high deductible plan for 150 a month cover 100% after a 5000 dollar deductible and 2 million limit. If I cant fix myself with 2 million dollars I am ****ed ands its not from lack of insurance. I buy business auto coverage for large trucks with all the bells and whistles including umbrella coverage of 2 million with a 2500 deductible for a 900 a month for everything. There's far more risk involved in my business. Medical insurance by and large should be far cheaper than business auto coverage. There are no headhunters and shady lawyers tap it.
    Everything is about the change!!! "Count on it"

    The Original Design was never to have cost that were high, the basic premise of ACA was AFFORDABLE Health Care. When Network Medical Pushed back with Republican Support and Promotions of Fear and Delusions... and they attacked to void as much as they could, it left a situation of higher cost than the original plan. They did that by design, to try and defeat ACA.... all they did was hurt the Citizen Population with cost that were higher than the Plan's Designed was originally created and what it originally called for.

    Many people did not read it... and they left it to Republican to Cherry Pick and Bastardize what they Cherry Picked to push fear and mis direction and false hoods.

    COVID-19 has exposed it all !!!!! The people won't forget either!!! One think people don't like is being Misled, and when and as more and more realize how wrongly they were misled about ACA by a Republican Congress that Vowed To Stand Against ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING Obama proposed worked on and implemented... but Now... the people are seeing the truth and the truth does not look good for Republicans.

    This goes for people like Scott Walker, who did grave damage to American Workers and he tried further bastardization of the Governorship even on his exit out the door. People won't forget that.

    Then you have people like Bobby Jindal, whom Louisianian's don't even want to hear his name mentioned for the damage he did to the State.

    Malice has no life long lasting impact.. it does a lot of damage and some times it does it for a long time, but there comes a time, when it's force weakens and it is overcome by the Goodness of the American People. We saw that with Slavery and we saw it with Segregation.. but it won't take 300+years, and it won't take 100 yrs...
    EVERYTHING in life moves faster, and if people note.. every 18 months computing power is double or more... now with Hand Held Computing and Information available in quick turn, and fact checking now can be done by computing power... more truthfulness is in the hands of the people. These are Amazing Times!!!!!

    People can fight the change, but they won't succeed, because Change is more powerful than any living being. Every Nation on the Planet now has computing power... and they are using it, Cloud Technology allows people any place on the planet to collaborate.

    Places like N. Korea will be brought to change, by the shear forces of Global Change. As it goes down from the brutality confinement of its people, so will that ripple to take down dictators and tyrant on a global scale.
    Even the nation that go by Religious Law... will move to a National Rule of Law that is not dictated by Religious Organization such as we see in the Middle East. EDUCATION IS POWERFUL... and it does not take being on a University Campus for people to get access to information and gain knowledge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •