Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 123 of 123

Thread: Righties, what are you more offended by?

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,319

    Re: Righties, what are you more offended by?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    No it's not. I was saying rich PEOPLE and poor PEOPLE - plurals for both. When asked about myself I had to get personal; otherwise, I would have stuck with the plurality.

    I said repeatedly I do have Medicare and don't qualify for Medicaid and clearly explained why. Read my posts again.
    Sure it is. YOU have made it clear that you are in the group that should get their health insurance and have it paid for by rich people.

    Thus you are asking me.. a rich person.. to pay for you.

    It is really that simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    I said repeatedly I do have Medicare and don't qualify for Medicaid and clearly explained why. Read my posts again.
    Well.;. I did

    Originally Posted by Blue Donkey
    I do have health care. []Mty mom pays[] for it.
    Don;t get mad at me because you post conflicting things.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,097

    Re: Righties, what are you more offended by?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    hmmmm
    So here's what you posted that I responded to:

    "DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU WHY.. just WHY.. a company is willing to give a CEO millions and millions of dollars.. and a golden parachute? Don't you realize that the more the pay them..the less money the OWNERS OF THE COMPANY MAKE?????

    You guys don;t get that... the more the owners of a company pay their ceo.. who is an EMPLOYEE.. the less they make!!!..

    The reason that you see these high salaries and golden parachutes... is because the ways that owners of companies make money has changed. NOW.. these hedgefund managers.. that buy companies.. make money through selling and buying stock in the company. Which is a huge advantage.. because that means their income is taxed at 20% (if held over a year) if they took it as earned income.. it would be taxed at 37%.

    SO.. they need to manipulate the stock price.. and that means they have to find a CEO willing to do that. A ceo that's willing to say.. cut the R and D budget.. even though they know that in the long term.. its going to hurt the company... but in the short term its going to cause the stock price to go up (as they have more cash on hand, and a better price to earnings)..

    Those CEO's.. know that they need to get paid upfront a lot of money and a golden parachute.. because they aren't going to be around long enough to benefit from long term company growth.

    And you progressives...can't or won't try to understand any of this.. you hear Bernie scream about "taxiing the rich and increasing the marginal rates?"... and don't realize that doing this will make THINGS WORSE!!!.. Because you will increase the disparity in tax rates between EARNED INCOME..and CAPITAL GAINS."

    Then, when you wanted to look like my response was wrong, here's what you CLAIM I responded to; does the below look like the above? No. Does that show you to be honest? No.

    It turns out you don't have to look far to find evidence that Trump wasn't always a conservative Republican.

    Trump was registered as a Democrat for more than eight years in the 2000s, according to New York City voter records made public during his campaign for president in 2016.

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,319

    Re: Righties, what are you more offended by?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    So here's what you posted that I responded to:

    "DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU WHY.. just WHY.. a company is willing to give a CEO millions and millions of dollars.. and a golden parachute? Don't you realize that the more the pay them..the less money the OWNERS OF THE COMPANY MAKE?????

    You guys don;t get that... the more the owners of a company pay their ceo.. who is an EMPLOYEE.. the less they make!!!..

    The reason that you see these high salaries and golden parachutes... is because the ways that owners of companies make money has changed. NOW.. these hedgefund managers.. that buy companies.. make money through selling and buying stock in the company. Which is a huge advantage.. because that means their income is taxed at 20% (if held over a year)… if they took it as earned income.. it would be taxed at 37%.

    SO.. they need to manipulate the stock price.. and that means they have to find a CEO willing to do that. A ceo that's willing to say.. cut the R and D budget.. even though they know that in the long term.. its going to hurt the company... but in the short term its going to cause the stock price to go up (as they have more cash on hand, and a better price to earnings)..

    Those CEO's.. know that they need to get paid upfront a lot of money and a golden parachute.. because they aren't going to be around long enough to benefit from long term company growth.

    And you progressives...can't or won't try to understand any of this.. you hear Bernie scream about "taxiing the rich and increasing the marginal rates?"... and don't realize that doing this will make THINGS WORSE!!!.. Because you will increase the disparity in tax rates between EARNED INCOME..and CAPITAL GAINS."

    Then, when you wanted to look like my response was wrong, here's what you CLAIM I responded to; does the below look like the above? No. Does that show you to be honest? No.
    WTF are you talking about????

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •