Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

  1. #1
    Guru
    ThoughtEx.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,797

    An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    I am going to say something that most conservatives hate to hear.

    The majority of Americans want healthcare. And although, I feel that the Federal Government is to big, I also think that the will of the people who are alive today, should outweigh the ideals instilled from yesteryear.

    Another reason that I want it, is because it's pro small business. Not big business, who doesn't want it because it could mean a tax hike for them. But the small guy, who wants to pay his employees an honest wage and can't because he's required to pay their insurance as well.

    I'm not going to make a technical argument on cost. Because, I'm an American, and it doesn't matter what it costs if it's the right thing. I don't think we as a country do the right thing often enough.

    And you know who agrees with me? Donald Trump.

    I'm a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses. We must not allow citizens with medical problems to go untreated because of financial problems or red tape. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to forty-two million.

    Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal Healthcare.
    -The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump
    https://books.google.ca/books?id=PV6...own%22&f=false

    So argue against him, not me. He's convinced me.

  2. #2
    Advisor Vadinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    322

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtEx. View Post
    I am going to say something that most conservatives hate to hear.

    The majority of Americans want healthcare. And although, I feel that the Federal Government is to big, I also think that the will of the people who are alive today, should outweigh the ideals instilled from yesteryear.

    Another reason that I want it, is because it's pro small business. Not big business, who doesn't want it because it could mean a tax hike for them. But the small guy, who wants to pay his employees an honest wage and can't because he's required to pay their insurance as well.

    I'm not going to make a technical argument on cost. Because, I'm an American, and it doesn't matter what it costs if it's the right thing. I don't think we as a country do the right thing often enough.

    And you know who agrees with me? Donald Trump.



    https://books.google.ca/books?id=PV6...own%22&f=false

    So argue against him, not me. He's convinced me.
    First of all, Trump has no clue what he is talking about and no one should take his advice for health care solutions. The man is a moron. Secondly, the rest of the world approached this logically and systematically with one goal in mind, universal health care for one and all. Until we catch up to their moral superiority and agree, no demand, universal health care, it will never happen. If you are interested in learning more about various forms of it, check out a frontline piece on it around the world, its on youtube.

  3. #3
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    The majority of Americans want (and very much need) food, clothing and shelter. Does that mean that we should all get the same food, clothing and shelter provided to us by a single payer supported by federal taxation? From each according to their ability (to pay federal taxes), to each according to their need (for public assistance) is not what our founders meant by promoting the general welfare.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #4
    Guru
    ThoughtEx.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,797

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vadinho View Post
    First of all, Trump has no clue what he is talking about and no one should take his advice for health care solutions. The man is a moron. Secondly, the rest of the world approached this logically and systematically with one goal in mind, universal health care for one and all. Until we catch up to their moral superiority and agree, no demand, universal health care, it will never happen. If you are interested in learning more about various forms of it, check out a frontline piece on it around the world, its on youtube.
    I feel like you're not really getting the spirit of my post there. And that's ok. I know you mean well.

  5. #5
    Guru
    ThoughtEx.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,797

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The majority of Americans want (and very much need) food, clothing and shelter. Does that mean that we should all get the same food, clothing and shelter provided to us by a single payer supported by federal taxation? From each according to their ability (to pay federal taxes), to each according to their need (for public assistance) is not what our founders meant by promoting the general welfare.
    Hey man, it's Trump you got to talk to. I'm just following his lead on this one. I agree with what he wrote in that book. He's very convincing when he wants to be, I'm sure you know.

  6. #6
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtEx. View Post
    Hey man, it's Trump you got to talk to. I'm just following his lead on this one. I agree with what he wrote in that book. He's very convincing when he wants to be, I'm sure you know.
    Trump, or any other author, is free to express his desires. Trump says many things (sets goals) without any attention to detail mainly in the hope that someone can come up with a way to accomplish his goal then and he can take credit for having had 'the plan'.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #7
    Guru
    ThoughtEx.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,797

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Trump, or any other author, is free to express his desires. Trump says many things (sets goals) without any attention to detail mainly in the hope that someone can come up with a way to accomplish his goal then and he can take credit for having had 'the plan'.
    Yeah, but he didn't say this, he wrote in a book entitled The America We Deserve. So, it's safe to say he probably believes it more than the garbage he spews to whip up his base.

    Maybe, he's after Obamacare so hard because he really wants to put in a better system.

  8. #8
    Educator Fraggle Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    06-19-18 @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Trump agrees with you. He is going to make Health Care cheaper and cover everyone......got to love morons who called out Obama who said you can keep your doctor and not Trump on this BS....just shows to me Conservatives stand for absolutely nothing with the exception of winning....

  9. #9
    Guru
    ThoughtEx.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,797

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle Rock View Post
    Trump agrees with you. He is going to make Health Care cheaper and cover everyone......got to love morons who called out Obama who said you can keep your doctor and not Trump on this BS....just shows to me Conservatives stand for absolutely nothing with the exception of winning....
    WinkObama_zpsdfedd578.jpg

  10. #10
    Advisor Vadinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    322

    Re: An argument for Universal Healthcare...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtEx. View Post
    I feel like you're not really getting the spirit of my post there. And that's ok. I know you mean well.
    I do and thanks for wanting what most of us do want. I just react strongly to any suggestion that Trump and his ideas should frame anything in public life even though the ingrate is our President. I cannot believe this once great nation elected this piece of ****.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •