Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 278

Thread: Mass Shootings

  1. #21
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    27,953

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    You're in the wrong section

    The Conspiracy Theory is next door ---->

    You can discuss how Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landings or how The Queen murdered princess Diana.

    And why the Earth is flat.
    LOL, I figured that would be your response sooner or later.

  2. #22
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,219

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    That the bulk of those injuries would be prevented if guns were banned.
    No it would not, more people would die

  3. #23
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    LOL, I figured that would be your response sooner or later.
    Really, are you also able to predict things like winning lottery numbers ?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalRussian View Post
    No it would not, more people would die
    Then please explain how the 70,000+ gun related injuries would stay the same if guns were banned

    Then explain how a lack of guns not only sees the number of gun related injuries stay (at least) the same, but also results in them being more severe and/or results in a poorer level of medical care.

  5. #25
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,219

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Then please explain how the 70,000+ gun related injuries would stay the same if guns were banned

    Then explain how a lack of guns not only sees the number of gun related injuries stay (at least) the same, but also results in them being more severe and/or results in a poorer level of medical care.
    Fact: Every year, people in the United States use guns to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds. 1 Of these instances, 15.7% of the people using firearms defensively stated that they “almost certainly” saved their lives by doing so.

    Fact: Even the government’s estimate, which has a major methodology problem, 2 estimates people defend themselves 235,700 times each year with guns. 3

    Fact: The number of times per year an American uses a firearm to deter a home invasion alone is 498,000. 4

    Fact: In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense. 5
    Gun Facts | Guns and Their Use in Crime Prevention

    Criminals always commit crime, good people need to protect themselves

  6. #26
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalRussian View Post
    Gun Facts | Guns and Their Use in Crime Prevention

    Criminals always commit crime, good people need to protect themselves



    You know that's a Blog right ?


    Are you treating Blogs as unimpeachable sources now ?


    Maybe you should quote the NRA web page next for your "facts" ?

  7. #27
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,219

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post



    You know that's a Blog right ?


    Are you treating Blogs as unimpeachable sources now ?


    Maybe you should quote the NRA web page next for your "facts" ?
    I see no serious rebuttals to the website, it is not a site it clearly cites very credible sources and official government statistics

    You have lost congrats

  8. #28
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalRussian View Post
    I see no serious rebuttals to the website...
    You mean BLOG


    ...it is not a site it clearly cites very credible sources and official government statistics
    If you say so

    Go ahead and post your evidence
    (don't forget to detail what the source is)

  9. #29
    bis vincit qui se vincit

    Wayne Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,080

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalRussian View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the left only goes on a gun control crusade only when a mass shooting happens...
    Any political movement that relies on fear to get its way should be opposed.
    Vaccines, because it's not always about you.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Mass Shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    Any political movement that relies on fear to get its way should be opposed.
    That includes penalties for breaking speed limits then ?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •