Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 522

Thread: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

  1. #271
    Sage
    Casper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sick of it
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,962

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    It’s also an availability of guns issue in all of those contexts. More guns, easier to commit suicide. Keep your gun. When you buy another, go through some checks beforehand.
    One can only shoot themsyelf with one gun unless very determined, hence it does not matter how many guns I have if I am suicidal one is all that would be needed, or a rope, bottle of pills, knife, razor, cliff or bridge, any would do the job. Guns aren't the problem, People with mental illness are.

  2. #272
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,237

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    One can only shoot themsyelf with one gun unless very determined, hence it does not matter how many guns I have if I am suicidal one is all that would be needed, or a rope, bottle of pills, knife, razor, cliff or bridge, any would do the job. Guns aren't the problem, People with mental illness are.
    Pills maybe, but guns are much more convenient than the other methods mentioned. And no one bothers to pump your stomach when you put a bullet in your brain. But the battle is over. French eat snails, in parts of Africa folks eat live monkey brains, Americans eat guns. I was nearly shot because cops assumed I was armed. Friend is in a wheelchair. Name your poison. I prefer snails.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,259

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Nope it validates why the need them for defence oh also hunting, you do that is also something firearms owners often do.
    Sure, even the strict British gun laws allow for "sporting guns"


    I would ban all guns and allow the national executive the allow the national executive to allow certain guns by make/model #
    I'd allow all single action guns

    And just so you understand, because some posters like RF just couldn't (or preferred not to in order to pick an argument)
    I'd allow all single action rifles not by any convoluted legal definition but by the executive listing EVERY model of said gun type...same with shotguns and muzzle loaders.


    Nope, you don't take away, or try, my firearms because someones uncle Joe is crazier than a cat in heat, you get them help....

    If they kill someone we either jail them for life or execute them

    How do we know you haven't just described yourself on some future date ?
    We don't
    So the guns of "honest citizens" are seized (less those the executive exempts)



    Nearly every case of people going nuts is attached to a history of mental issues.

    "People going nuts" I assume is a euphemism for a type of mental illness ?

    Wouldn't you say that EVERY case of "people going nuts" so qualifies not merely "nearly every case"


    Are you saying that the majority of mass shooters had gone "nuts" ?
    If so, where is your medical evidence ?



    ...those deemed to be mentally unfit are not allowed to buy firearms, same with abusive spouses...
    A quite ridiculous suggestion

    So in order to by a firearm a person must have a certificate signed by who that they're not "nuts"
    So in order to buy a firearm, a person must have a certificate signed by who that their partner is not abusive ?

    Once the have bought their gun, how often must they pass this test ?
    One poster on here claimed it was a violation of his constitutional rights to pass a law on how guns are stored and having Law Enforcement periodically inspect the storage facilities
    It seems you propose a much more intrusive process

    Once a firearm is purchased, does a gun own have to get their partner assessed for abusiveness any time they get married, start dating a new g/f or b/f, have a partner sleep over, have a new partner move in ?
    Can you imagine that: A young woman starts dating but says her new boyfriend has to pass some kind of background and mental health test before he can spend the night ?


    You take the prize for the most idiotic suggestion of the week.


  4. #274
    Sage
    Casper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sick of it
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,962

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Sure, even the strict British gun laws allow for "sporting guns"


    I would ban all guns and allow the national executive the allow the national executive to allow certain guns by make/model #
    I'd allow all single action guns

    And just so you understand, because some posters like RF just couldn't (or preferred not to in order to pick an argument)
    I'd allow all single action rifles not by any convoluted legal definition but by the executive listing EVERY model of said gun type...same with shotguns and muzzle loaders.





    If they kill someone we either jail them for life or execute them

    How do we know you haven't just described yourself on some future date ?
    We don't
    So the guns of "honest citizens" are seized (less those the executive exempts)






    "People going nuts" I assume is a euphemism for a type of mental illness ?

    Wouldn't you say that EVERY case of "people going nuts" so qualifies not merely "nearly every case"


    Are you saying that the majority of mass shooters had gone "nuts" ?
    If so, where is your medical evidence ?





    A quite ridiculous suggestion

    So in order to by a firearm a person must have a certificate signed by who that they're not "nuts"
    So in order to buy a firearm, a person must have a certificate signed by who that their partner is not abusive ?

    Once the have bought their gun, how often must they pass this test ?
    One poster on here claimed it was a violation of his constitutional rights to pass a law on how guns are stored and having Law Enforcement periodically inspect the storage facilities
    It seems you propose a much more intrusive process

    Once a firearm is purchased, does a gun own have to get their partner assessed for abusiveness any time they get married, start dating a new g/f or b/f, have a partner sleep over, have a new partner move in ?
    Can you imagine that: A young woman starts dating but says her new boyfriend has to pass some kind of background and mental health test before he can spend the night ?


    You take the prize for the most idiotic suggestion of the week.

    Never happen ..LOL

    People that are not nuts don't think it is a great idea to shoot people at school, church and the theater. You need more evidence, do thoughts like that pop into your head?

    That was your idiotic idea, not mine.

    Enjoy your delusional fantasy, you will never see it in real life.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,259

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Never happen ..LOL
    So you claim, as most gun owners on here seem to
    They adopt the faux "from my cold dead fingers" bravado


    When in truth you'll stand in line an meekly hand your guns in if/when (for RF's pedantic benefit) you are ordered to so so follow the repeal of the 2nd amendment and a law banning all gun*

    Also for RF's benefit exceptions would be made, under my proposal that is, for types of gun like single action rifles. BUT to be clear for RFs sake, the law wouldn't make any convoluted legal definitions, instead the national executive would make exceptions for them on a make/model# basis and list every weapon
    Hopefully RF can understand this. I said hopefully.


    People that are not nuts don't think it is a great idea to shoot people at school, church and the theater....
    This is your opinion or do you have evidence for this ?

    Not saying that all mass shooters are rational but perhaps some just like killing people
    Perhaps some are just so alienated towards American culture that their desire to be destructive outweighs any perceived consequences
    Or it could be that their rage at something like a work dispute triggers them

    In many cases, 20:20 hindsight identifies the warning signs, but are you seriously advocating the guns of people suspected to be "nuts" are seized ?

    And if so would you be happy with each state drawing up their own criteria for what "nuts" is ?


    That was your idiotic idea, not mine.
    Really, here's your idiotic idea again:

    ...those deemed to be mentally unfit are not allowed to buy firearms, same with abusive spouses...
    Ring a bell ?



    Enjoy your delusional fantasy, you will never see it in real life.

    Big bar talk

    "from my cold, dead fingers" school of gun control...

    You'd hand in your gun meekly (and for RF's benefit, that is after a law banning guns is passed, not before)

    Before, you'd rather see the world burn than surrender your precious guns, I get that.

  6. #276
    Guru
    aociswundumho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,881

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    When in truth you'll stand in line an meekly hand your guns in if/when (for RF's pedantic benefit) you are ordered to so so follow the repeal of the 2nd amendment and a law banning all gun*
    Wouldn't matter anyway because the federal government doesn't have the power to ban guns. Without the 2nd Amendment, the issue of guns would be left up to the states. States with gun bans would attract criminals and states with no restrictions would attract law-abiding gun owners.

  7. #277
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,259

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by aociswundumho View Post
    Wouldn't matter anyway because the federal government doesn't have the power to ban guns. Without the 2nd Amendment, the issue of guns would be left up to the states. States with gun bans would attract criminals and states with no restrictions would attract law-abiding gun owners.
    Have you not kept up with the debate ?

    All gun controls without a repeal of the 2nd amendment are only half measures

    No significant gun reduction in US society can be done until the 2nd amendment is repealed

    So no, a law banning guns would not therefore be unconstitutional on take away anyone's "rights".

  8. #278
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,645

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    You just love making sweeping statements that you have absolutely no idea on what you're talking about

    Of course Queen Elizabeth II has influence, a great deal of influence


    "For several decades of the queen’s reign, British governments saw themselves in the business of “managing decline” — from empire and victory in World War II to the status of middling power. During this time the influence and the symbolism of the crown has been all-pervasive..."


    Opinion | Why the Queen Matters - The New York Times


    From the New York Times

    Now don't talk about think on which you know absolutely NOTHING




    What country in the world (other than the Vatican) doesn't have farmers, white collar and blue collar workers making them "diverse" ???
    So the USA is no more "diverse" than any country in the world ?


    Again you're talking nonsense and clearly you don't know what you're talking about





    Japan did surrender - they signed the surrender document on board the USS Missouri in September 1945


    Japanese Instrument of Surrender - Wikipedia


    And Japan insisted on keeping their emperor for traditional reasons...it's why the UK won't ever swap the Queen for a president





    Dude, a president ***IS*** a head of state

    In some countries, presidents, on assuming power, declare themselves "president for life" examples are Idi Amin and Robert Mugabe also presidents Saddam, Assad of Syria and Mubarak of Egypt.

    The US style of government where the head of government is also head of state is quite popular in third world dictatorships








    About 200 countries in the world and about 180 of them have "freedom"

    What about the Committee on UnAmerican Activities ?
    Lynch parties hanging predominantly blacks (about 5,000 up to the 1930's)
    Internment of Japanese Americans
    Civil Rights Movement - tell me why that was necessary
    Try going to Cuba as an American citizen, why does the US place restrictions but no other country does ?
    Why are there some "right to work" states ?

    So don't talk rubbish about the USA having more freedom than all other countries, because it does not


    But you are 15 times more likely to be shot in the USA




    The USA is VERY censored - a lot more than the UK
    Every see nudity on TV, can a woman go topless on a public beach whereas a man can ?
    All TV shows and movies must show the bad guy losing (unless it's claimed to be an historical movie)
    Have you never heard of the page 3 girls of the British newspaper "The Sun" ?

    Gambling is not allowed in much of the USA
    Why are there dry counties ?



    So you admit the hierarchy has power-glad were past that

    WOW-THATS AN OP-ED, NOT ALLOWED

    I know exactly what I am talking about-congressional districts are not meant to be divided into races but a culture of people. It's like saying that we need more women in congress but that is not the point of a district,

    Japan surrendered after it was known they would keep their emperor, study history, Truman did now want the Emperor to rule but it had to surrender

    Your right-all systems go like this

    1.Head of State
    2.Legislative

    Glad we agree

    You are 15 times more likely to be shot compared to what?

    Every country has experienced racism and many still do-Germany genocided 6 million Jews, Belgium tortured and killed millions of the Congolese. I can go on and on- every countries history has some dark spots.

    Many countries have restrictions on Cuba

    Women are showing sexual objects when topless,men are not.

    And yes-women van go full nude but not men in America

    You are showing MOVIES as an example of freedom, MOVIES, those are produced by private companies, and your wrong-Joker wins in his AWARD WINNING FILM-Hitler wins in the move Valkyrie, etc.

    No,, I dont read British newspapers but there is nude magazines and porn sites in America too, that is completely legal too. Whats your point??


    Gambling isnt allowed in a lot of countries but casinos are insanely popular in America

    I have traveled, I have been to Ireland and Spain. The countries are not as free as America. America is the free-ist country in the world when it comes to free speech but most developed countries are generally free

    List of freedom indices - Wikipedia

    My small-minded American views are not pitiful- I have traveled before and my Parents are 1st generation Russian immigrants from the 90's escaping the shi*ty aftermath of communism

    But I love America, my country first and europeans can have that mindset too, I dont care

  9. #279
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,259

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalRussian View Post
    So you admit the hierarchy has power...
    No !!!


    Queen Elizabeth II exerts influence, not power

    You need to learn the difference

    You've never studied politics beyond high school social studies have you ?


    I know exactly what I am talking about-congressional districts are not meant to be divided into races but a culture of people.
    That you think anyone said they were shows that you don't

    The question was: "What country in the world doesn't have farmers, white collar and blue collar workers making them "diverse" ?"

    Which you completely dodged


    Japan surrendered after it was known they would keep their emperor...
    So you now admit Japan DID surrender, having said "japan needed it's emperor because of their honor code, that is why they didnt surrender"

    The retention of the emperor as head of state was part of the surrender terms



    Your right-all systems go like this

    1.Head of State
    2.Legislative
    No, in all Westernized democracies except the USA the legislature in not part of the government and the head of state is honorary

    The head of government is a different person who sits in the legislature.

    The USA stands out as different to the other democracies and shares more with "third world/dictatorship" countries in terms of type of government


    You are 15 times more likely to be shot compared to what?
    15 times more likely to be shot in the USA, than you are if you live in one of the other Westernized democracies


    Every country has experienced racism...

    But it does destroy the myth of the USA DoI of "all men are equal", freedom yada yada yada


    So your defense of racism in the USA is that it might be worse in other countries
    That's like saying to survivors of the Parkland shooting that gun violence is worse in Brazil or El Saladore



    Many countries have restrictions on Cuba
    Like who ?



    Women are showing sexual objects when topless,men are not.
    Says who ?

    Why are women's breasts "sexual objects" ?

    Another sexually bigoted statement from you

    Hint: breasts are not sexual organs


    ...women can go full nude but not men in America
    Really, where ?


    ...your wrong-Joker wins in his AWARD WINNING FILM-Hitler wins in the move Valkyrie, etc.
    The recent Joker movie did not show him winning - it showed him as a victim, it didn't show crime paying off
    As for Hitler "winning" - did I not say "unless it's claimed to be an historical movie". I guess you missed that bit huh ?

    No, I dont read British newspapers but there is nude magazines and porn sites in America too, that is completely legal too. Whats your point?
    The USA has a hang up with showing a woman's breasts (remember the s**t storm over Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction". What other country would even have an issue with that?

    And no, breasts are still not sexual organs


    Gambling isnt allowed in a lot of countries but casinos are insanely popular in America
    Like where ?

    If they're so popular, why are they not in every state ?


    I have traveled, I have been to Ireland and Spain.
    Whoopee

    America is the free-ist country in the world when it comes to free speech...
    Yet another claim made without evidence

    Your link states nothing about how "free" the USA is with regard to speech. Though a person in the USA is free to spout "hate speech" which is not the best indicator of "freedom"

    My small-minded American views are not pitiful..
    Pitiful, ignorant and bigoted.

  10. #280
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,645

    Re: Current Attempts to destroy Gun rights in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    No !!!


    Queen Elizabeth II exerts influence, not power

    You need to learn the difference

    You've never studied politics beyond high school social studies have you ?




    That you think anyone said they were shows that you don't

    The question was: "What country in the world doesn't have farmers, white collar and blue collar workers making them "diverse" ?"

    Which you completely dodged




    So you now admit Japan DID surrender, having said "japan needed it's emperor because of their honor code, that is why they didnt surrender"

    The retention of the emperor as head of state was part of the surrender terms





    No, in all Westernized democracies except the USA the legislature in not part of the government and the head of state is honorary

    The head of government is a different person who sits in the legislature.

    The USA stands out as different to the other democracies and shares more with "third world/dictatorship" countries in terms of type of government




    15 times more likely to be shot in the USA, than you are if you live in one of the other Westernized democracies





    But it does destroy the myth of the USA DoI of "all men are equal", freedom yada yada yada


    So your defense of racism in the USA is that it might be worse in other countries
    That's like saying to survivors of the Parkland shooting that gun violence is worse in Brazil or El Saladore





    Like who ?





    Says who ?

    Why are women's breasts "sexual objects" ?

    Another sexually bigoted statement from you

    Hint: breasts are not sexual organs




    Really, where ?




    The recent Joker movie did not show him winning - it showed him as a victim, it didn't show crime paying off
    As for Hitler "winning" - did I not say "unless it's claimed to be an historical movie". I guess you missed that bit huh ?



    The USA has a hang up with showing a woman's breasts (remember the s**t storm over Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction". What other country would even have an issue with that?

    And no, breasts are still not sexual organs




    Like where ?

    If they're so popular, why are they not in every state ?




    Whoopee



    Yet another claim made without evidence

    Your link states nothing about how "free" the USA is with regard to speech. Though a person in the USA is free to spout "hate speech" which is not the best indicator of "freedom"



    Pitiful, ignorant and bigoted.
    They are interchangeable, the kings and queens show power by being influential in Parliament, the influence has been going down over time

    Again, Congressional districts are defined by those characteristics, Europe cant say the same because their nations are different

    I implied that Japan was reluctant to surrender at first which they were

    Like what westernized countries?

    No, I never made that claim- my claim was that Europe have experienced racism too so what's your point-also America did spread ideas of freedom-look what happened in France.

    How is our way like a dictatorship, it is a clear democracy. Why is the European system better, it fits their culture but not ours

    You seriously don't think breasts are sexual, are you kidding me??? Where does the babies milk come from after conceived? I never claimed they were sexual organs but are still clearly sexual, what a stupid statement.

    Cuba–European Union relations - Wikipedia

    Relations are not good.

    https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/nu...-america-31193

    Women have more leeway

    Joker did win- he is the king of the rat people at the end-did you see the movie?
    Hitler escaped and killed the guy who planned the assassination

    They are two states who dont have casinos-Utah which is just a Mormon hellhole and Hawaii, I doub there is a market there, casinos are expensive

    My views are not bigoted, typical leftist shaming with no meaning

Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •