Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

  1. #71
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,120

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    There's a law that says you have to file your taxes by April 15, do you accept that's YOUR responsibility ?


    What is your evidence that it is "impossible" ?


    No-one has an expectation of zero crime following a gun ban

    People in favor of gun control do have an expectation of preventing shootings....particularly mass shootings.
    Nope, as a task I have to do to avoid consequences.

    Except that that is what you keep advocating for and the attempt to even do so would skew the higher ratio of guns severely in the criminals hands, endangering ALL people more, both anti-gun and pro-gun.

    Oh, if you were describing ONLY people in favor of more gun CONTROL? I guess it's possible they would think something so backwards then.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  2. #72
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Nope, as a task I have to do to avoid consequences.
    And if you don't do it, who finds themselves responsible and in court ?

    If you don't have responsibility to file your taxes, who does ?


    The lamest excuse for an answer you've come up with yet
    So a task you have to do, somehow is not a responsibility





    Just out of interest, in your own mind, is defending your home against a burglar a task you have to do if you want to avoid consequences ?


    ...the attempt to even do so would skew the higher ratio of guns severely in the criminals hands, endangering ALL people more, both anti-gun and pro-gun.
    Where is your evidence for endangerment ?


    Oh, if you were describing ONLY people in favor of more gun CONTROL? I guess it's possible they would think something so backwards then.

    Why would it be backwards ?

    A gun ban = less guns
    Less guns = less shootings, particularly mass shootings
    QED.

  3. #73
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,120

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    And if you don't do it, who finds themselves responsible and in court ?

    If you don't have responsibility to file your taxes, who does ?


    The lamest excuse for an answer you've come up with yet
    So a task you have to do, somehow is not a responsibility





    Just out of interest, in your own mind, is defending your home against a burglar a task you have to do if you want to avoid consequences ?




    Where is your evidence for endangerment ?





    Why would it be backwards ?

    A gun ban = less guns
    Less guns = less shootings, particularly mass shootings
    QED.
    You had to move the goal posts on each of those.

    how lame. No point in continuing...you'll just continue the dishonesty trying to twist things into your view...which is a fail from the git-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  4. #74
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You had to move the goal posts on each of those.
    Goalposts ?

    Do you now accept that the state deems it YOUR responsibility to file your taxes ?

    You were attempting to wriggle out of it by saying it's just something you have do do, which is the lamest attempt to wriggle out of the question seen on this forum.



    how lame. No point in continuing...you'll just continue the dishonesty...

    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers" - Socrates


    It's amazing how often debaters will bow out gracelessly when what they have for an argument is picked apart.

    At the same time insulting the other poster, their argument and making claims of "dishonesty".

    It seems a lack of good grace in accepting defeat (along with a valid argument) is sadly an attribute you unfortunately share with debaters of questionable integrity.

  5. #75
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    320

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFitz View Post
    That is the very theme of the OP.

    It’s the “good guy with a gun” claim. Of course, this assumes that the rest of us automatically trust (or should trust) the stranger who is brandishing a gun.
    So in your opinion, are there no good guys with guns? I completely understand the arguments against guns. You may choose not to own one or carry one ( legally ) for self defense. Some of us do. Put yourself in that situation with the baseball bat attack. Sometimes it isn't as easy as just giving the perpetrator what he wants and he will magically just leave you alone. I dont know the complete statistics on how many victims of violent crime there are each year, but I assume it runs in the hundreds of thousands. If you dont believe in law abiding citizens carrying guns to defend themselves against criminals who will always have their illegally procured guns, then what is your solution to innocent people defending themselves against violent crime, especially when we know police response times are long? I'm not arguing for everyone to carry guns. Even amongst the law abiding there are plenty of people who have no business owning a weapon due to various reasons. I just hate reading the news and seeing every day that people are getting beaten stabbed murdered raped and I wish that there was something that they could have done to defend themselves.

  6. #76
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,120

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Goalposts ?

    Do you now accept that the state deems it YOUR responsibility to file your taxes ?

    You were attempting to wriggle out of it by saying it's just something you have do do, which is the lamest attempt to wriggle out of the question seen on this forum.






    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers" - Socrates


    It's amazing how often debaters will bow out gracelessly when what they have for an argument is picked apart.

    At the same time insulting the other poster, their argument and making claims of "dishonesty".

    It seems a lack of good grace in accepting defeat (along with a valid argument) is sadly an attribute you unfortunately share with debaters of questionable integrity.
    Your wiggling and rewording didnt change what I wrote. You can continue to manipulate the words but unless you address my actual responses, I'm done. Take what I wrote and move forward but stop trying to FORCE me to answer the way you want. Use my original actual points/arguments...not your attempts at retreads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You had to move the goal posts on each of those.

    how lame. No point in continuing...you'll just continue the dishonesty trying to twist things into your view...which is a fail from the git-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  7. #77
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Your wiggling and rewording didnt change what I wrote. You can continue to manipulate the words but unless you address my actual responses, I'm done. Take what I wrote and move forward but stop trying to FORCE me to answer the way you want. Use my original actual points/arguments...not your attempts at retreads.

    Paraphrasing an earlier post doesn't make your argument float any better than a brick


    So do you now accept that the state deems it's YOUR responsibility to file your taxes ?

    You tried to wriggle out of it by saying it's just something you have do do, which is the lamest attempt to wriggle out of the question seen on this forum.


    It is amazing how often debaters will accept defeat as gracelessly as you will a post full of slander when any argument they had is picked apart.

    An accusation of "dishonesty" is very common in petulant posts like yours.


    You display all the charm and insight of a child's derision of a movie he saw with money his parents gave him to see.

  8. #78
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,120

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Your wiggling and rewording didnt change what I wrote. You can continue to manipulate the words but unless you address my actual responses, I'm done. Take what I wrote and move forward but stop trying to FORCE me to answer the way you want. Use my original actual points/arguments...not your attempts at retreads.
    .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You had to move the goal posts on each of those.

    how lame. No point in continuing...you'll just continue the dishonesty trying to twist things into your view...which is a fail from the git-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  9. #79
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Police: Bystander with gun broke up Walmart bat attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    AFEEEE

    Why don't you just start off your "arguments" that way....and don't bother with those pesky words ?


    You still didn't answer Btw:

    Do you now accept that the state deems it's YOUR responsibility to file your taxes ?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •