Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 610

Thread: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

  1. #511
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,269

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    That's because I don't advocate this, please read my post again. I'm restated my position numerrous times

    The bit about banning all gun but making exceptions (make and model#) based on British gun laws.


    It's better than having to produce convoluted legal definitions of certain "types" of guns. Best ban them all and then un-ban some guns by make & model#.
    Yet on your post immediately previous to that, you wrote of excepting certain types of guns:

    "All muzzle loaders would be exempted yes, as would manually cocked rifles and shotguns with a capacity of no more than 3."

    You move goalposts before anyone even has a chance to address them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  2. #512
    Guru
    zsu2357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Great state of (cough,cough)Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Originally Posted by zsu2357
    You knuckled under and said ok so keep your template.
    Good question Rich. Beats all fu** out of me. LOL. I'll go with you guys knuckled under, keep your template.

  3. #513
    Guru
    zsu2357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Great state of (cough,cough)Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,580

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    From the army ?

    I think it's called retirement.
    I think he's working the PTSD angle. I think.

  4. #514
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,318
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Then why is it the "most" Americans don't have guns ?
    They are willing to let abortion doctors do their killing?

  5. #515
    Professor
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,263

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
    Because you and yours idea is ban period. Couch it however you like.
    See, now that is a straw man.

  6. #516
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,871

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Nobody is making me buy child porn or crack cocaine either, nevertheless I think both a dangerous (like guns are) and should bee banned.
    Child porn is banned because the manufacture of it is banned. Having children perform sexual acts is obviously illegal.
    As for crack cocaine, I thought you've said before that drugs should be legalized.

  7. #517
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
    Good question Rich. Beats all fu** out of me. LOL. I'll go with you guys knuckled under, keep your template.
    ???


    Still don't know what you mean by "knuckled under"

  8. #518
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Child porn is banned because the manufacture of it is banned. Having children perform sexual acts is obviously illegal.
    As for crack cocaine, I thought you've said before that drugs should be legalized.
    Child porn is not banned because you can't make it.
    Child porn is banned because we don't want it in society.


    I think I said that the Portuguese experience of decriminalizing all drugs should be studied and perhaps legalizing all drugs could be tried.
    I'm kind of on the fence for this.


    The point is that justifying gun ownership because it's not compulsory to own one, is not a valid argument

  9. #519
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrityrespec View Post
    They are willing to let abortion doctors do their killing?
    Abortion clinics don't kill anyone, they merely terminate a pregnancy.

  10. #520
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: Solution For People Who Don't Like Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
    I think he's working the PTSD angle. I think.
    Maybe he is.

    I don't know how high the percentage of veterans are treated for PTSD or how many servicemen leave the military because of PTSD.

    I imagine all servicemen on active duty are subject to some lever of stress.

    Not sure what gun control has to do with it.

    Does the military need more psychiatrists ?
    I'd say absolutely yes.

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •