Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: This is an older article but still a great one...

  1. #31
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,268

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Probably because the law allowed it

    Try walking down the street in Britain with a shotgun over your shoulder and see how portable it is

    Hell walk into an airport in Georgia or a school and learn the same lesson.



    Btw, I'm still waiting for you to explain how a double barreled shotgun (and any shotgun with a capacity of not more that 3), can match a semi-auto rifle in RoF.
    Who said that a double barrel shotgun can match a semi-auto rifle in rate of fire? Regardless of the strawman of lies you are trying to construct there, it's apparent you really don't know what you're talking about on that topic.

    But apparently you still refuse to concede that you misspoke when you said a shotgun is not portable. We simply can't go any further so long as you maintain you have a private definition of terms that you argue are central to your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  2. #32
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,561

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    Who said that a double barrel shotgun can match a semi-auto rifle in rate of fire?
    Post # 12, you said:


    A shotgun offers a respectable sustained rate of fire

    A respectable SUSTAINED rate of fire eh ?

    Like a semi-auto rifle, that offers a good rate of sustained fire ?


    Care to take a Pepsi-challenge on the range with a shotgun limited to a capacity of three rounds Vs a semi-automatic rifle ?



    ...it's apparent you really don't know what you're talking about...
    Says the man who claims a shotgun offers a "respectable, sustained RoF"





    ...you still refuse to concede that you misspoke when you said a shotgun is not portable....

    Nope, because it's not

    I assume you realized that I was not implying that a shotgun cannot be carried...but legally it is not man portable because the law would stop you
    zYou could not walk down a street, into a school grounds, a bar, an airport etc carrying a shotgun

    Sometimes your attempts to nit pick, to score a petty point, are pathetic.

    This is a case in point.

  3. #33
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,268

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Post # 12, you said:





    A respectable SUSTAINED rate of fire eh ?

    Like a semi-auto rifle, that offers a good rate of sustained fire ?


    Care to take a Pepsi-challenge on the range with a shotgun limited to a capacity of three rounds Vs a semi-automatic rifle ?





    Says the man who claims a shotgun offers a "respectable, sustained RoF"








    Nope, because it's not

    I assume you realized that I was not implying that a shotgun cannot be carried...but legally it is not man portable because the law would stop you
    zYou could not walk down a street, into a school grounds, a bar, an airport etc carrying a shotgun

    Sometimes your attempts to nit pick, to score a petty point, are pathetic.

    This is a case in point.
    That there are some places you are prohibited from carrying a gun of any sort does not mean that a shotgun isn't portable. You claimed (and continue to claim) shotguns are not portable.

    I don't see how we can continue until you correct your dishonest posts.

    As an aside, I note you could not supply any evidence of me claiming that a shotgun can match a semi auto rifle in ROF. Yet you continue your dishonesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  4. #34
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,561

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    That there are some places you are prohibited from carrying a gun of any sort does not mean that a shotgun isn't portable. You claimed (and continue to claim) shotguns are not portable.
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

    At least they're not portable in places where carrying one is illegal....as it would be in the USA if the 2nd amendedment was repealed


    I don't see how we can continue until you correct your dishonest posts.
    Like the stupid post that a shotgun offers a "respectable, sustained RoF" ?
    You mean dishonest claims like that ?


    ...I note you could not supply any evidence of me claiming that a shotgun can match a semi auto rifle in ROF. Yet you continue your dishonesty.
    So you're up for the Pepsi challenge ?

    I can only offer the evidence of personal testimony, I've fired a double barreled shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle.

    No way do they offer comparative rates of fire.



    "The biggest downsides of a shotgun?

    Massive recoil, low capacity and long reload times.

    Shotguns not only have the lowest capacity, but they also take the longest to reload...
    "



    Pistol vs Shotgun vs Rifle for Home Defense - Abe's Gun Cave



    And this guy was talking about a 6-7 capacity pump action shotgun, not a shotgun meeting British gun laws


    It might be time for you to stop spreading your dishonesty across the forum.

  5. #35
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,268

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

    At least they're not portable in places where carrying one is illegal....as it would be in the USA if the 2nd amendedment was repealed




    Like the stupid post that a shotgun offers a "respectable, sustained RoF" ?
    You mean dishonest claims like that ?




    So you're up for the Pepsi challenge ?

    I can only offer the evidence of personal testimony, I've fired a double barreled shotgun and a semi-automatic rifle.

    No way do they offer comparative rates of fire.



    "The biggest downsides of a shotgun?

    Massive recoil, low capacity and long reload times.

    Shotguns not only have the lowest capacity, but they also take the longest to reload...
    "



    Pistol vs Shotgun vs Rifle for Home Defense - Abe's Gun Cave



    And this guy was talking about a 6-7 capacity pump action shotgun, not a shotgun meeting British gun laws


    It might be time for you to stop spreading your dishonesty across the forum.
    Shotguns are portable. Prove the dictionary wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  6. #36
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,561

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    Shotguns are portable. Prove the dictionary wrong.
    Shotguns are not portable.


    Not in places where carrying one is illegal.


    Still waiting for you to back up your claim that a shotgun can offer "respectable and sustained" RoF when compared to a semi-auto rifle.


    I seems you're ready to ignore that bit

  7. #37
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,268

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable.


    Not in places where carrying one is illegal.


    Still waiting for you to back up your claim that a shotgun can offer "respectable and sustained" RoF when compared to a semi-auto rifle.


    I seems you're ready to ignore that bit
    A shotgun is portable by the very definition of "portable". That's proven and your denial is dishonesty at this point.

    Why would I want to ignore that and instead go on to another dishonest claim of yours? I prefer to address one of your lies at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  8. #38
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,561

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    A shotgun is portable by the very definition of "portable". That's proven and your denial is dishonesty at this point.

    Why would I want to ignore that and instead go on to another dishonest claim of yours? I prefer to address one of your lies at a time.
    Shotguns are NOT portable in places where carrying one is illegal.


    Still waiting for you to back up your (dishonest) claim that a shotgun can offer "respectable and sustained" RoF when compared to a semi-auto rifle.
    I guess when you're caught out in one of your lies, you conveniently try to "forget" it.

  9. #39
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,268

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are NOT portable in places where carrying one is illegal.


    Still waiting for you to back up your (dishonest) claim that a shotgun can offer "respectable and sustained" RoF when compared to a semi-auto rifle.
    I guess when you're caught out in one of your lies, you conveniently try to "forget" it.
    Nowhere in the definition of portable does it refer to legality. A shotgun is a portable firearm. Period.

    We can address the other dishonest claim of yours as soon as we finish with this one. For now, the readers probably understand that your claim as to what I claimed is not the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  10. #40
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,561

    Re: This is an older article but still a great one...

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    Nowhere in the definition of portable does it refer to legality...

    This is because your naive criteria for portability for a firearm is a dictionary definition (in so much as dictionaries define words)

    In my last exercise as an infantryman, I carried a 25 lb belt-fed machine gun, so I know perfectly well that an adult has the strength to lift and carry a shotgun - more intentional dishonesty from you to suggest I don't
    However my criteria for portability for a firearm is the legality of doing so.

    You can't conceal a shotgun very easily hence it is not portable if the law prohibits it.

    Do you understand now ?




    We can address the other dishonest claim of yours as soon as we finish with this one. For now, the readers probably understand that your claim as to what I claimed is not the truth.

    Still waiting for you to back up your (dishonest) claim that a shotgun can offer "respectable and sustained" RoF when compared to a semi-auto rifle.


    So once we've dispelled the first of your lies, we can address the second.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •