Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1110

Thread: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

  1. #971
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,219

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Citation for "fertility" ?


    The Wall:
    An album by Pink Floyd
    A term for exhaustion by marathon runners
    A term for a concrete structure that used to collect graffiti in the center of Berlin.
    The wall refers to when women lose their fertility and go into decline

    Most societys would chose a 20 year old women over a 20 year old man but a 50 year old man over a 50 year old women

  2. #972
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalRussian View Post
    The wall refers to when women lose their fertility and go into decline

    Most societys would chose a 20 year old women over a 20 year old man but a 50 year old man over a 50 year old women
    I would not say a woman has gone into "decline" when she is no longer fertile.


    IDK what you mean about choosing.


    I would choose a 20 year old woman over a 20 year old man
    But I choose a 50 year old woman over a 50 year old man OR a 20 year old woman

  3. #973
    Guru TypicalRussian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,219

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    I would not say a woman has gone into "decline" when she is no longer fertile.


    IDK what you mean about choosing.


    I would choose a 20 year old woman over a 20 year old man
    But I choose a 50 year old woman over a 50 year old man OR a 20 year old woman
    I would say so, women go into old age long before men, its just biology, however this means men work longer and retire 5-6 years on average longer

  4. #974
    Sage
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    So being a slave owner was the "foundation of ownership?" right ?

    so a slave owners opinion was worth more than an abolitionist in the slavery debate ?
    Wrong conversation. We aren’t taking about slavery.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  5. #975
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by TypicalRussian View Post
    I would say so, women go into old age long before men, its just biology, however this means men work longer and retire 5-6 years on average longer
    That's wrong and sexist

    Sure women become infertile long before men

    That doesn't mean they're not active and there's no reason a woman can't do a job at 70, that she did at 30.


    Unless of course she;s physically injured, but that can happen to men too...probably even more so.

  6. #976
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Wrong conversation. We aren’t taking about slavery.
    It's called an "analogy"

    If a gun owner's opinion on gun control is more important than a "gun banner" regarding gun control , why would a slave owner's opinion count for more than an abolitionist regarding slavery ?

  7. #977
    Professor Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    05-24-20 @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,404

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    It's called an "analogy"

    If a gun owner's opinion on gun control is more important than a "gun banner" regarding gun control , why would a slave owner's opinion count for more than an abolitionist regarding slavery ?
    Because owning a gun isn't the same as subjugating one's fellow man to slavery.

  8. #978
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Samwise View Post
    Because owning a gun isn't the same as subjugating one's fellow man to slavery.
    No it's not. But in both instances we're talking about the right to own something - be in guns or other humans.


    Restricting opinion in the gun control debate to gun owners, is akin to restricting opinion in the abolitionist debate to only slave owners


    Or if you like, restricting opinion for child porn laws to only pedophiles


    What do you think would be the outcome in all three debates over ownership ?

  9. #979
    Professor Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    05-24-20 @ 11:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,404

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    No it's not. But in both instances we're talking about the right to own something - be in guns or other humans.


    Restricting opinion in the gun control debate to gun owners, is akin to restricting opinion in the abolitionist debate to only slave owners


    Or if you like, restricting opinion for child porn laws to only pedophiles


    What do you think would be the outcome in all three debates over ownership ?
    except one doesn't have any right to own another humans.

  10. #980
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,616

    Re: [W:112, 773]The Gun Show "Loophole"

    Quote Originally Posted by Samwise View Post
    except one doesn't have any right to own another humans.

    So are you saying that only those with the right to own a gun can have an opinion on gun control ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •