Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 135 of 135

Thread: Klobuchar: Mandatory gun buybacks is not gun confiscation

  1. #131
    Sage
    Royal PITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    9,604

    Re: Klobuchar: Mandatory gun buybacks is not gun confiscation

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    So you don't see 43,000 dying per year and over 70,000 getting injured as a problem?

    What is clear is you assume gun control means an outright ban on ownership and complete confiscation when that is FALSE. Its this manipulation of what gun control means and what it seeks to do as pro gun people have warped its mean for political and personal gain. Once again anyone who is pro gun does one of three things blame others and/or make excuses and/or deny/manipulate facts. Unfortunately you are manipulating the facts for the purpose of trying to prove someone wrong.

    You have no solutions at all and are unwilling be constructive on this issue. Quite simply thats uncooperative, unhelpful and indicates a level of selfishness.
    Yes, it's a problem. Since over 2/3s of those "gun deaths" are suicides don't you see better mental health care is the best solution?

    Let's not forget that over 47,000 Americans commit suicide every year with firearms only accounting for about half of that number. Wouldn't a focus on better mental health care save more lives than focusing on banning "assault weapons" which account for very few actual crimes? Most murders are with handguns, blunt instruments and edged weapons.

    Suicide Statistics — AFSP
    In 2018,48,344 Americans died by suicide

    In 2017, there were an estimated 1,400,000 suicide attempts


    • The age-adjusted suicide rate in 2018 was 14.2 per 100,000 individuals.
    • The rate of suicide is highest in middle-age white men in particular.
    • In 2017, men died by suicide 3.54x more often than women.
    • On average, there are 129 suicides per day.
    • White males accounted for 69.67% of suicide deaths in 2017.
    • In 2017, firearms accounted for 50.57% of all suicide deaths.
    To Be Conservative - Senator Barry Goldwater, September 1981
    Aviation chat threat
    FYI: I don't debate trolls, minors or those unable to act like a sane adult

  2. #132
    Sage
    AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    9,750

    Re: Klobuchar: Mandatory gun buybacks is not gun confiscation

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    All the more reason why women shouldn't be against gun rights. Women who are against gun rights should have no voice in the issue.
    I'll pass the manbun advice on to them but first could you explain why? I want to give them as much detail as possible. It helps to bring in mote of them when we tell women you want to take things from them.

  3. #133
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    57,243

    Re: Klobuchar: Mandatory gun buybacks is not gun confiscation

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    So you don't see 43,000 dying per year and over 70,000 getting injured as a problem?

    What is clear is you assume gun control means an outright ban on ownership and complete confiscation when that is FALSE. Its this manipulation of what gun control means and what it seeks to do as pro gun people have warped its mean for political and personal gain. Once again anyone who is pro gun does one of three things blame others and/or make excuses and/or deny/manipulate facts. Unfortunately you are manipulating the facts for the purpose of trying to prove someone wrong.

    You have no solutions at all and are unwilling be constructive on this issue. Quite simply thats uncooperative, unhelpful and indicates a level of selfishness.
    How, exactly, is keeping one's current freedom to own a gun being selfish? We already have "gun control" laws which deny convicted criminals or those who have been adjudged to pose a danger to themselves or others the right (freedom) to possess any gun - thus those prohibited folks are already subject to a 100% gun ban.

    You say that those who do not want to give up freedom (to continue legally owning their guns) have no solutions, yet you have not explained what your solution is - since it is already illegal for any prohibited person to possess any gun.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #134
    Educator Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    980

    Re: Klobuchar: Mandatory gun buybacks is not gun confiscation

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    Gun control needs to be a national response on a national level. This is fundamental in ensuring an integrated and cohesive response.
    The only problem you face is that the states never granted their general government the power to control guns.

  5. #135
    Educator Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    980

    Re: Klobuchar: Mandatory gun buybacks is not gun confiscation

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    I didn’t have to quote the whole sentence…..seeing as you are asking me to quote the entire sentence you know and understand what it states.

    I saw this as the best fit statement of their duty to implement some form of gun control. I understand that broader cultural and constitutional change is required however for smaller legislative changes this is best fit. I don't believe discussion of congressional powers is also not the most important or urgent issue, rather cultural and constitutional change is critical in moving forward.
    The taxing clause? That's what you are saying allows the general government to control guns?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •