Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 475

Thread: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

  1. #241
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,390

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    So how is your plan going to have a significant effect on gun crime and suicide?
    I don't know

    If I had to guess it would probably reduce suicide and certainly reduce gun crime.

  2. #242
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,111

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Yes you did,
    that's a lie I know better what I said than you do.

  3. #243
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,111

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    "One Cape Cod, Massachusetts, police officer said he would be "terrified" if he responded to a school shooting where the teachers were armed. A U.S. Army veteran of Afghanistan, the officer asked that Patch not identify him because he was speaking as a private citizen and not for the police department that employs him."


    Do Not Arm Teachers, Say Military Vets Now Working As Cops | Across America, US Patch


    Are you aware of any police depts that support arming teachers ?

    Teachers are not cops or SWAT team members, the may have zero training in firearms despite a CCW (which you seem to think guarantees a certain level of training - it does not)




    So what ?

    Who's to what equates to proficiency, you accept that arming teachers could allow totally untrained people having guns around kids, in their desk, in a cupboard...






    A person can survive being shot in the head...and even if he/she does, how many kids have they already killed ?

    And answer me this; why wouldn't the shooter be an armed teacher ?




    So you're OK with all those negligent discharges ?

    They'd be lying around or in desk drawers so a teacher has one to hand if there's a mass shooter wouldn't they

    Or do you want them locked in the principals office ?




    How about this?

    Arming teachers is outrageous and it won't make schools safer | Crosscut


    Or this:

    Arming teachers a bad idea | News | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health


    Or this:

    Teacher: Why arming people like me is so bad


    Seriously there are any number of articles against arming teachers.
    Okay I do not care what educators say they do not matter they have no expertise on tactics. They have done nothing to prevent mass shootings. therefore their opinions mean less than a kinesiologists opinion on this.

    I don't care what cops say. They failed to prevent mass shootings. Their opinions don't matter.

    And a veteran that says disarming people defends them is a blithering idiot.

    So please in the future try not to reference the dumbest people on the planet. I don't need any more stupid.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,390

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    that's a lie I know better what I said than you do.
    Post # 174

    With regard to gun ownership yes it is a police state.


    Okay I do not care what educators say they do not matter they have no expertise on tactics.
    But the know more about school than some rookie cop


    They have done nothing to prevent mass shootings...
    Educate students and parents not to bring guns to school, install checks, searches, scanners, employ security guards...


    I don't care what cops say....
    Just Trump huh ?
    You must really be into hero worship

  5. #245
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,111

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Post # 174







    But the know more about school than some rookie cop




    Educate students and parents not to bring guns to school, install checks, searches, scanners, employ security guards...




    Just Trump huh ?
    You must really be into hero worship
    See that line that sentence before it where I say "with reference to gun ownership..." You omitted that, because you had to remove it from context that's called intellectual dishonesty.

    Education not to bring guns to school is already perfect the parkland shooter didn't take a gun and lots of ammo to school because he didn't know any better. He took it there with intent to kill. Educating people not to do this is probably one of the stupidest suggestions you have ever made. if you have a metal detector you will have a line of students waiting to go through it just like anywhere you have to go through a metal detector. Someone can just gunned them all down while they're waiting they don't have to go through the metal detector. And banning guns wouldn't mean they're defenseless.

    no matter which way you try to talk your way out of this you can't because you are arguing for defenselessness.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,390

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    See that line that sentence before it where I say "with reference to gun ownership..." You omitted that, because you had to remove it from context that's called intellectual dishonesty.
    My post # 212, that recognizes your caveat:

    So you can be a police state and not a police state on other issues ?

    Not to mention my verbatim copy of your comment in my post above.


    Education not to bring guns to school is already perfect...

    5-year-old boy brings loaded gun to school in Holyoke


    Dated December 2019 - just two months ago, so no, I'd say it was anything but perfect


    Educating people not to do this is probably one of the stupidest suggestions you have ever made.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers." - Socrates


    It's stupid because it's already "perfect" ?


    if you have a metal detector you will have a line of students waiting to go through it just like anywhere you have to go through a metal detector. Someone can just gunned them all down while they're waiting they don't have to go through the metal detector.
    So you have some security suggestions for the TSA at airport security checks ?


    no matter which way you try to talk your way out of this you can't because you are arguing for defenselessness.

    Nope, I'm arguing to letting the people have no need of that kind of defense against gun toting mass killers.

  7. #247
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,111

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    My post # 212, that recognizes your caveat:




    Not to mention my verbatim copy of your comment in my post above.





    5-year-old boy brings loaded gun to school in Holyoke


    Dated December 2019 - just two months ago, so no, I'd say it was anything but perfect




    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers." - Socrates


    It's stupid because it's already "perfect" ?




    So you have some security suggestions for the TSA at airport security checks ?





    Nope, I'm arguing to letting the people have no need of that kind of defense against gun toting mass killers.
    Yes you put it back in the context after you were caught being dishonest. Damn right.

    How many people did the five-year-old murder?

    Are you attacked your argument not your person so there is no slander. Nice try.

    My suggestion to the TSA is everyone quit you are worthless. You have a 95% failure rate you are just meat suits absorbing a paycheck.


    So how are you going to make the guns disappear?

  8. #248
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    I don't know

    If I had to guess it would probably reduce suicide and certainly reduce gun crime.
    It's your plan Rich. We're supposed to accept its efficacy and performance on the basis of your ignorance and guess work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Freedom is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  9. #249
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    It's not that's not what it's for. It is designed specifically to spite you, and all other Americans that exercise their rights.

    But the ultimate goal for gun control is to install a dictator. The founders knew this that's why there first sentence is included in the second amendment.

    The goal is always nefarious. Don't trust anybody that advocates gun control. They are either corrupt politicians or their brain-dead followers.
    Gun rights have been a litmus test of mine for a long time. I refuse to trust anyone who wants to render me defenseless. Why would you want to put someone in a defenseless state unless you wished to take advantage it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Freedom is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  10. #250
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,111

    Re: California Gun Laws Are Totally Ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    Gun rights have been a litmus test of mine for a long time. I refuse to trust anyone who wants to render me defenseless. Why would you want to put someone in a defenseless state unless you wished to take advantage it?
    the only reason you would want someone defenseless is so that you could attack them or subjugate them.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •