Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 833

Thread: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

  1. #731
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,795

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Perhaps.
    Right. Then you agree that convenience could go a long way in encouraging gun thieves and contraband gun buyers to register and title their stolen guns?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Freedom is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  2. #732
    Educator

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    03-04-20 @ 09:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    Interesting juxtaposition in the bolded above. But other than that, a bunch of sanctimonious gas.
    Its unfortunate you show little empathy or consideration to the issue of suicide but why should I be surprised when you posed such a disgraceful question before.

    Its all valid. Its all justified. Its all reasonable.

    Why on earth are you acting in such an inconsiderate, abrasive and disrespectful way? This is beyond being on a debate forum, you have now turned this into some personal triumph for yourself to win an argument or feel a sense of authority and its simply shameful.

    If it only takes one gun for any given suicide by firearm, how far will you have to reduce the number of guns to accomplish a reduction in suicide?
    The reduction in the number of firearms is part of the solution to this growing and concerning issue, of which you could not care less about. The Second Amendment and the obsessive culture bred that feeds off this unhealthy relationship with firearms is at the crux of the problem. The fact there are 132 guns per 100 people. The fact there are 43,000 gun deaths last year (a 32% increase over 20 years), over 80,000 gun casualties last year, a rising economic and financial cost among so many other things.

    A combination of smaller legislative changes over time such as closing the gap of background check avoidance in the private gun sector, along with broader Constitutional and cultural changes. These actions will see the inevitable application of Australia, British, Japanese, Indian, NZ style legislation, with have proven effectiveness.

    More specifically to address suicide this in combination with greater preventative mechanisms, education and early detection signs of mentally ill students in school is fundamental.

    The concerning prospects in moving forward undoubtedly is the fact no background check or the like will stop a mentally ill kid taking their gun off their parent, family member or friend or buying it from an illegal (or legal) marketplace. The saturation and exposure is the very problem here, a problem you could not even respect.

    BTW, given your sensitivity to the subject- what would you think of the argument that it takes the same sort of courage and determination to hang oneself as it takes to tear off a band aid or clean up a pile of puppy poop? Now, I myself thought that was a rather insensitive position to take. But of course that was the argument of someone on your side of the gun matter.
    I made a very personal and thought out comment in the previous post informed only by research and experience. I mean I don't even know why you compare and contrast...I would assume to cover up the unbelievably disgraceful comments you made. You have no idea about the issue and therefore should simply not comment on it.

  3. #733
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    228,714

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    Its unfortunate you show little empathy or consideration to the issue of suicide but why should I be surprised when you posed such a disgraceful question before.

    Its all valid. Its all justified. Its all reasonable.

    Why on earth are you acting in such an inconsiderate, abrasive and disrespectful way? This is beyond being on a debate forum, you have now turned this into some personal triumph for yourself to win an argument or feel a sense of authority and its simply shameful.



    The reduction in the number of firearms is part of the solution to this growing and concerning issue, of which you could not care less about. The Second Amendment and the obsessive culture bred that feeds off this unhealthy relationship with firearms is at the crux of the problem. The fact there are 132 guns per 100 people. The fact there are 43,000 gun deaths last year (a 32% increase over 20 years), over 80,000 gun casualties last year, a rising economic and financial cost among so many other things.

    A combination of smaller legislative changes over time such as closing the gap of background check avoidance in the private gun sector, along with broader Constitutional and cultural changes. These actions will see the inevitable application of Australia, British, Japanese, Indian, NZ style legislation, with have proven effectiveness.

    More specifically to address suicide this in combination with greater preventative mechanisms, education and early detection signs of mentally ill students in school is fundamental.

    The concerning prospects in moving forward undoubtedly is the fact no background check or the like will stop a mentally ill kid taking their gun off their parent, family member or friend or buying it from an illegal (or legal) marketplace. The saturation and exposure is the very problem here, a problem you could not even respect.



    I made a very personal and thought out comment in the previous post informed only by research and experience. I mean I don't even know why you compare and contrast...I would assume to cover up the unbelievably disgraceful comments you made. You have no idea about the issue and therefore should simply not comment on it.
    SO WHAT are your desired solutions to deal with suicides? the vast majority of suicides involve people who will pass a background check.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  4. #734
    Educator

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    03-04-20 @ 09:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Horsecrap. Left-wing gun control pretends to do something about crime so the proponents can pander to low IQ voters who buy that nonsense, while not upsetting major constituencies of the Democrats: and at the same time harassing people who have opposed Democrats ever since Democrats started claiming Gun control was crime control.
    In other words 'I don't care about protecting US citizens, reducing gun deaths, reducing gun casualties or limiting the economic and financial impact' because if you did you would put forth some intelligent solutions to the problem. Instead you make up excuses, provide no solutions and have nothing but narrow minded views.


    You are a very good finger pointer. You bag out, hate on and disagree with everyone but yourself. You state useless points and and come up with no solutions. Tell me this......do you accept that gun deaths are rising? Do you accept the economic and financial cost is in the hundreds of billions annually? Do you not feel sympathy towards those of whom have had family killed by a person with a gun?

    Lets be clear on this. Gun Control has the aim of limiting people dying or being injured by people with guns. You can lie and point fingers as you always do to the falsehoods and manipulations but it proves nothing. You can hate on Democrats, people with views like me and me but you are not proving anything other than you like to shift the blame, ignore the problem and continue to live in this disillusioned pro gun obsessive bubble.

  5. #735
    Educator

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    03-04-20 @ 09:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    SO WHAT are your desired solutions to deal with suicides? the vast majority of suicides involve people who will pass a background check.
    There are many solutions that could be sought but once again the pro gun groups and individuals like to stand there an ignore the problem by living in their unhealthy obsessive bubbles.

    The solutions starts with who and where guns are. Quite simply and this should go without saying, the sheer number of guns in the US is disgraceful. There are more guns than people and that is not something to be proud of. It normalises guns and in a society where suicide is a prominent and concerning problem this oversaturation and normalising is not healthy, particularly not with the added complexity of school shootings. This indicates the number of firearms and culture are concerning problems.

    Without writing a book on this issue.....Australia, NZ, UK, India and Japan style gun laws are what is needed. And yes shock and horror the 2nd Amendment will need to be changed.

    The fact that the vasts majority of suicides involve those who pass background checks is the very crux of the issue as well. Curbing access starts with curbing the supply and creating more enforceable laws.

  6. #736
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    228,714

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    In other words 'I don't care about protecting US citizens, reducing gun deaths, reducing gun casualties or limiting the economic and financial impact' because if you did you would put forth some intelligent solutions to the problem. Instead you make up excuses, provide no solutions and have nothing but narrow minded views.


    You are a very good finger pointer. You bag out, hate on and disagree with everyone but yourself. You state useless points and and come up with no solutions. Tell me this......do you accept that gun deaths are rising? Do you accept the economic and financial cost is in the hundreds of billions annually? Do you not feel sympathy towards those of whom have had family killed by a person with a gun?

    Lets be clear on this. Gun Control has the aim of limiting people dying or being injured by people with guns. You can lie and point fingers as you always do to the falsehoods and manipulations but it proves nothing. You can hate on Democrats, people with views like me and me but you are not proving anything other than you like to shift the blame, ignore the problem and continue to live in this disillusioned pro gun obsessive bubble.
    I don't buy that claim of yours about gun control. You have never given us a rational alternative solution. And I tire of honest gun owners being blamed by people like you-for crimes and suicides
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  7. #737
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    228,714

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    There are many solutions that could be sought but once again the pro gun groups and individuals like to stand there an ignore the problem by living in their unhealthy obsessive bubbles.

    The solutions starts with who and where guns are. Quite simply and this should go without saying, the sheer number of guns in the US is disgraceful. There are more guns than people and that is not something to be proud of. It normalises guns and in a society where suicide is a prominent and concerning problem this oversaturation and normalising is not healthy, particularly not with the added complexity of school shootings. This indicates the number of firearms and culture are concerning problems.

    Without writing a book on this issue.....Australia, NZ, UK, India and Japan style gun laws are what is needed. And yes shock and horror the 2nd Amendment will need to be changed.

    The fact that the vasts majority of suicides involve those who pass background checks is the very crux of the issue as well. Curbing access starts with curbing the supply and creating more enforceable laws.
    Trying to impose Japanese style gun control laws would justify a civil war.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  8. #738
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,795

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    Its unfortunate you show little empathy or consideration to the issue of suicide but why should I be surprised when you posed such a disgraceful question before.

    Its all valid. Its all justified. Its all reasonable.

    Why on earth are you acting in such an inconsiderate, abrasive and disrespectful way? This is beyond being on a debate forum, you have now turned this into some personal triumph for yourself to win an argument or feel a sense of authority and its simply shameful.



    The reduction in the number of firearms is part of the solution to this growing and concerning issue, of which you could not care less about. The Second Amendment and the obsessive culture bred that feeds off this unhealthy relationship with firearms is at the crux of the problem. The fact there are 132 guns per 100 people. The fact there are 43,000 gun deaths last year (a 32% increase over 20 years), over 80,000 gun casualties last year, a rising economic and financial cost among so many other things.

    A combination of smaller legislative changes over time such as closing the gap of background check avoidance in the private gun sector, along with broader Constitutional and cultural changes. These actions will see the inevitable application of Australia, British, Japanese, Indian, NZ style legislation, with have proven effectiveness.

    More specifically to address suicide this in combination with greater preventative mechanisms, education and early detection signs of mentally ill students in school is fundamental.

    The concerning prospects in moving forward undoubtedly is the fact no background check or the like will stop a mentally ill kid taking their gun off their parent, family member or friend or buying it from an illegal (or legal) marketplace. The saturation and exposure is the very problem here, a problem you could not even respect.



    I made a very personal and thought out comment in the previous post informed only by research and experience. I mean I don't even know why you compare and contrast...I would assume to cover up the unbelievably disgraceful comments you made. You have no idea about the issue and therefore should simply not comment on it.
    I asked a simple question. How many guns does it take for an individual to kill himself. It seems we agree that number is one. I'll go further and say that single gun doesn't have to be an AR15 or any other semiautomatic, doesn't have to be multi-shot at all. It doesn't have to be anything other than the single shot shotgun that I have seen some anti-gunners indicate is something they might consider as proper for private ownership.

    You went on at length with various opinions and personal attacks above, but I didn't notice where you answered my question. So again: If it only takes one gun for any given suicide by firearm, how far will you have to reduce the number of guns to accomplish a reduction in suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Freedom is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Shotguns are not portable firearms

  9. #739
    Educator

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    03-04-20 @ 09:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't buy that claim of yours about gun control. You have never given us a rational alternative solution. And I tire of honest gun owners being blamed by people like you-for crimes and suicides
    But your in complete and utter denial of the facts. You don't buy them because you don't like them. You don't buy them because seemingly prefer to worship this weapon. Rather than seek solutions in a cooperative manner to reduce deaths and injuries by firearm, reduce the economic and financial cost among so many other things you simply ignore it. People are ignorant until it inconveniences them.

    There is nothing rational about 43,000 people dying every year. There is nothing rational about having to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on gun crime each year. And then you try to lecture me on being rational. But once again it highlights where your priorities are, within this obsessive and unhealthy bubble of those who are pro gun.

    You can play the victim. You can point fingers. You can get angry. However I am not going to and many others are not going to suddenly give up or drop our view because its hurting your feelings. Guns are a problem. Guns are being used to kill innocent people. Guns are being used by people to take their own life. Guns are an economic and financial burden that everyone is having to absorb. I am sorry that we are hurting your feelings but when people are being killed, when no action has been taken on the issue and when the financial cost soars in the billions its validated. You are part of the issue that puts fire onto the current unhealthy gun culture.

  10. #740
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    228,714

    Re: NARRATIVE FAIL: Minorities, LGBT Community, Women Show Up In Force At Pro-Gun Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by goldkam View Post
    But your in complete and utter denial of the facts. You don't buy them because you don't like them. You don't buy them because seemingly prefer to worship this weapon. Rather than seek solutions in a cooperative manner to reduce deaths and injuries by firearm, reduce the economic and financial cost among so many other things you simply ignore it. People are ignorant until it inconveniences them.

    There is nothing rational about 43,000 people dying every year. There is nothing rational about having to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on gun crime each year. And then you try to lecture me on being rational. But once again it highlights where your priorities are, within this obsessive and unhealthy bubble of those who are pro gun.

    You can play the victim. You can point fingers. You can get angry. However I am not going to and many others are not going to suddenly give up or drop our view because its hurting your feelings. Guns are a problem. Guns are being used to kill innocent people. Guns are being used by people to take their own life. Guns are an economic and financial burden that everyone is having to absorb. I am sorry that we are hurting your feelings but when people are being killed, when no action has been taken on the issue and when the financial cost soars in the billions its validated. You are part of the issue that puts fire onto the current unhealthy gun culture.
    Still no solutions, just whining about 43K deaths most due to suicides and felons killing other felons. You keep carping about the damage gun ownership does, and have no rational arguments on how to abate that what you claim vexes you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •