Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

  1. #61
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    because there is no proper governmental power to do so at the federal level,

    because there is no legitimate governmental reason for people to do so

    because it violates the constitution several ways

    because people like you want it to happen

    But why register your car at a state level ?

    What would be the problem if all 50 states' car registry data fed into one computer ?

    Does every state' constitution give them the right to make car owners register their vehicles ?

    We've already discussed that there is most definitely a good reason for law enforcement to have a registry they can call on. Come to think of it, what good reason does car registry have ?

    How does it violate the constitution ?

    Your last point is the most illuminating...you fear a gun ban, something you swear cannot and will not ever happen.

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    225,636

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    But why register your car at a state level ?

    What would be the problem if all 50 states' car registry data fed into one computer ?

    Does every state' constitution give them the right to make car owners register their vehicles ?

    We've already discussed that there is most definitely a good reason for law enforcement to have a registry they can call on. Come to think of it, what good reason does car registry have ?

    How does it violate the constitution ?

    Your last point is the most illuminating...you fear a gun ban, something you swear cannot and will not ever happen.
    we have already edified you that criminals cannot be prosecuted for failing to register their weapons

    we all know that you want to ban guns and see registration as a step towards that goal

    there is NO VALUE WHATSOEVER to gun owners for registering our weapons and plenty of down side
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we have already edified you that criminals cannot be prosecuted for failing to register their weapons

    But if the previous LEGAL owner did, it might trace them. It might ensure an "honest" citizen sells/psses on his/her firearm to a responsible person.


    we all know that you want to ban guns and see registration as a step towards that goal
    Which you say cannot and will not happen, so why is this an issue ?


    there is NO VALUE WHATSOEVER to gun owners for registering our weapons and plenty of down side
    What down side? There are no negative impacts to a mandatory registry

    And Law Enforcement would have a TON of use for such a registry, as evidenced by the requests they ALREADY make to the ATF every year.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58,312

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    But if the previous LEGAL owner did, it might trace them. It might ensure an "honest" citizen sells/psses on his/her firearm to a responsible person.




    Which you say cannot and will not happen, so why is this an issue ?




    What down side? There are no negative impacts to a mandatory registry

    And Law Enforcement would have a TON of use for such a registry, as evidenced by the requests they ALREADY make to the ATF every year.
    What crimes are prevented by registering?
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  5. #65
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    Individuals seeking to abuse a law doesn’t make it a bad law. If that were the case, rape couldn’t be illegal.
    After all, the law was brought in to stop people from doing an activity they would otherwise wish to.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58,312

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Might jury members view ownership of an arsenal of guns to be indicative of a mans mental state.


    I think it might be.
    So, now being a collector of guns is evil.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  7. #67
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Any such red flag statutes should be employed, viewed and handled as a strictly "last resort" approach.
    It's the kind of thing that should be portrayed as a "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" tactic used only when all other approaches have proved ineffective.

    And yes, any misuse should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, no exceptions.
    Frivolous lawsuits are filed and dismissed every day.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58,312

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Frivolous lawsuits are filed and dismissed every day.
    Speaking of frivolous things... Your statements about the cops involved. Have you watched the video yet?
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  9. #69
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the problem is that RF laws will be weaponized-in nasty custody or divorce cases mainly by women against their husbands or ex husbands. That is why there needs to be mandatory felony jail time for anyone who misuses these laws.
    Is a court supposed to decide on misuse ?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •