Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 113 of 113

Thread: the rise of Sanctuary 2A counties in Virginia

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    226,791

    Re: the rise of Sanctuary 2A counties in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh yes this tired old chestnut….

    Opinion piece from someone who didn't rule on any of it, so it's just an opinion. We keep going round and round on this, the courts have ruled and all the 'gun' lovin' rants don't change this.

    Again Honest Citizens weren't buying Thompsons BEFORE the NFA tax. The tax was moot to your Honest Citizens not the least bit interested in spending what today is just under 3 grand (price off the rack) for a weapon they would never use. The 'Honest' citizen you claim to champion wasn't sawing off shotguns so drop the silly crap.

    The tax wasn't designed to 'force' gangsters to sign up their weapons but rather give a quick easy to prove felony charge when caught. Difficult to find and keep witnesses alive when dealing with ruthless gangsters but an illegal weapon requires none of that. Al Capone wasn't convicted of his many murderous crimes but rather simple tax evasion.

    Your 'argument' that bad guys don't obey laws isn't the issue. Just like drugs and certain items for their use, making them illegal isn't so the addicts turn in their drugs and glass pipes- it's so when caught the charge is simple and difficult to dispute.

    Play your tune, it took you long enough to find that weak old tired argument that is unsupported by the courts (yanno laws trump opinion), nobody is dancing...
    I didn't expect you to understand it or get a reasoned response. Gun advocates often support Trump, and that is what colors your arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,153

    Re: the rise of Sanctuary 2A counties in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I didn't expect you to understand it or get a reasoned response. Gun advocates often support Trump, and that is what colors your arguments.
    I don't expect you to give a reasoned argument in this matter. Fact after fact is presented and your extreme fanaticism simply ignores it all.

    'Gun' advocates supporting whomever isn't an issue for me (it's your new favorite strawman). Elections have shown 'gun' advocates haven't been a key voting block. Obama's two wins show the advocate's vote doesn't decide elections. (what 'gun' advocate would dare vote for Obama and his jack booted thugs???? )

    No Sir, you keep dragging opinion after opinion in here that can't stand up to frank and honest discussion (or court decisions)

    Now if you and your fellow advocates were such a voting power why didn't the Reagan ban get axed when the Republican'ts held all three legislative bodies??? I mean, you insist it only hurts your so-called honest citizen. The Republican'ts found time to give you another tax cut, wasted a great deal of time 'defending traditional marriage' but no time to correct what you consider FDR/Reagan government over-reach...

    Other than to applaud and bark on que it seems the rabid right has little use for and only does lip service (and not the fun kinky kind either) to those who wrap themselves up in the American Flag while holding their firearm proclaiming themselves to be some sort of canine and a voting block to be feared...

  3. #113
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,843

    Re: the rise of Sanctuary 2A counties in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the reason why there is a ban on machine guns, made after May 19, 1986, is because Democrats were upset that the 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act, would prevent anti gun states from prosecuting travelers. Example: you live in a state where your gun is legal and you are flying to another one but your stopover is in Newark. If you had a checked gun in your luggage, and there was a delay, and you had to take custody of your bag, NJ authorities could arrest you. Same if you were driving through NY from PA to vermont with a handgun locked in your trunk

    That still happens:


    YouTube


    https://www.uslawshield.com/flight-d...urity-alerted/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •