Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 843

Thread: My compromise.

  1. #711
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    226,772

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    Yeah sure. But why are you OK with that?

    You were trying to "educate" us about how "Handguns and shot Guns are not going to cut it against a tyrannical gov

    This is what the second amendment is all about"

    You want deterrence, you gotta have the people have some REAL weapons, right?
    ever met someone who is immune to a center fire rifle bullet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #712
    Sage
    Luther's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Idaho
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,408

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    So private citizens can own nuclear ordnances and gunships?

    Yeah, I can't see anything going wrong there....
    Your're really drawing at empty straws
    Firebrand - Agitator

    Unknown Quantity: a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

  3. #713
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    118,210

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samwise View Post
    You see how when you quote someone the quote has something like: QUOTE=haymarket;1071189952? When you are composing a post and purposely take that information out, it can lead to mistakes.

    Let's look at the actual quotes. You will note that I left the links in. So here's what you wrote:



    And here's what I wrote.



    So we have you saying: "EVERYBODY will pick the parts of the Constitutiom and law that they like.

    Your so called freedom fighters will be traitorous criminals."

    And me replying: "Just like George Washington."

    I was pointing out that George Washington was also a traitorous criminal. He took up arms against the government.

    You might consider not tampering with the links in quotes. It will save you putting false words in other people's mouths and looking foolish.
    Q: Which part of the Constitution was George Washington picking out to defend when he took up arms against the government and became a traitor?

    A: There was no Constitution when George Washington took up arms against the government.

    See how easy that was to prove your post 651 made no sense because I was referencing people and the Constitution and your snappy response was referring to a time before the Constitution was written?

    And it was all caused by you trying to pick at some nit to try and prove me wrong in your zeal to do so.

    Learn from your mistakes. It will make you a better poster.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #714
    Educator Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    02-17-20 @ 12:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    973

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Q: Which part of the Constitution was George Washington picking out to defend when he took up arms against the government and became a traitor?

    A: There was no Constitution when George Washington took up arms against the government.

    See how easy that was to prove your post 651 made no sense because I was referencing people and the Constitution and your snappy response was referring to a time before the Constitution was written?

    And it was all caused by you trying to pick at some nit to try and prove me wrong in your zeal to do so.

    Learn from your mistakes. It will make you a better poster.
    He was still a traitorous criminal because he took up arms against his government.

  5. #715
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    118,210

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samwise View Post
    He was still a traitorous criminal because he took up arms against his government.
    Your opinion of Washington aside - you blew it big time with Washington because he WAS NOT picking parts of the Constitution that he liked because it had not yet been written.

    Big mistake which rendered your example as nonsense.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #716
    Educator Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    02-17-20 @ 12:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    973

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Your opinion of Washington aside - you blew it big time with Washington because he WAS NOT picking parts of the Constitution that he liked because it had not yet been written.

    Big mistake which rendered your example as nonsense.
    I never said that he was picking parts of the Constitution. YOU said that, not me. You seem to have beaten your strawman to death.

    I said he was a traitorous criminal because he took up arms against his government.

  7. #717
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    118,210

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samwise View Post
    I never said that he was picking parts of the Constitution.
    Yes you did as used Washington as the retort to me saying everybody picks parts of the Constitution.

    Again - your 651

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    EVERYBODY will pick the parts of the Constitutiom and law that they like.
    You reproduced me saying that in in reply to that contention you wrote this


    Your so called freedom fighters will be traitorous criminals.
    Just like George Washington.
    Your answer was historically WRONG since the Constitution had not yet been written when Washington led the fight against the British.

    So your reply makes no sense and was just plain wrong.

    Or did your reply not have anything to do with my post and you merely posted it to go off on some tangent about Washington that had nothing to do with my post in the first place?

    Either way - it was wrong of you to try and bring your bashing of George Washington up in the first place.

    You blew it badly. Just admit it and move on back to the thread topic.
    Last edited by haymarket; 01-17-20 at 01:07 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #718
    Educator Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    02-17-20 @ 12:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    973

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes you did as used Washington as the retort to me saying everybody picks parts of the Constitution.

    Again - your 651



    You reproduced me saying that in in reply to that contention you wrote this




    Your answer was historically WRONG since the Constitution had not yet been written when Washington led the fight against the British.

    So your reply makes no sense and was just plain wrong.

    Or did your reply not have anything to do with my post and you merely posted it to go off on some tangent about Washington that had nothing to do with my post in the first place?

    Either way - it was wrong of you to try and bring your bashing of George Washington up in the first place.

    You blew it badly. Just admit it and move on back to the thread topic.
    Your post has a made up quote. You’re quoting something I never posted. This is the second time.

    I wasn’t replying to your comments about the constitution. This is obvious, as there was no constitution at the time. I was commented in response to your traitorous criminals comment.

    And I added that George Washington was also a traitorous criminal because he took up arms against his government.

  9. #719
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    118,210

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samwise View Post
    Your post has a made up quote. You’re quoting something I never posted. This is the second time.
    What did you never say that I quoted?

    Yes, you were replying to my comments about the Constitution because you made my comment a part of your post 651.

    Just man up and admit you blew it big time.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #720
    Educator Samwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    02-17-20 @ 12:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    973

    Re: My compromise.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What did you never say that I quoted?

    Yes, you were replying to my comments about the Constitution because you made my comment a part of your post 651.

    Just man up and admit you blew it big time.
    Yes. I blew it. I thought I was having a discussion with someone who was intellectually honest.

    So now that you've "proven" that I "blew it big time", what do you have to say to the fact that George Washington was a traitorous criminal who took up arms against his government.

Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •