Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

  1. #91
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,042

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    You are correct. "End of story." Nothing to say that they are doing well because of their stance on guns. Nothing to say they couldn't be doing better had they not alienated some of their customers. I mean, that isn't generally viewed as a good tactic for a retail business to adopt.
    But they're doing well despite their stance on guns.

    The backlash they "suffered" from initially upon announcement seems to have been short lived to the point that there is NO backlash reflected on the quarterly statement.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    59,627

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Free market. Good.
    I shop there.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  3. #93
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,042

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I know one of their higher up executives. They are doing better now, but they did lose lots of customers. They would have been doing better if they had not advocated gun bans
    So are their existing customers buying more or have they attracted more new customers than they've lost - according to the "higher up executive" you claim to know.

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    226,898

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    So are their existing customers buying more or have they attracted more new customers than they've lost - according to the "higher up executive" you claim to know.
    From what I understand, they would be doing even better if they hadn't had launched a jihad against legal gun ownership. You gun banners don't seem to understand reality

    Polls claim more people want more gun restrictions-and did so in 1994, but the dems got thrashed at the polls and Clinton admitted it was due to the gun bans. Because-People like me are far more likely to vote against, or boycott someone or something that directly attacks my rights than sheeple who don't like guns will vote for someone or something that is anti gun
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  5. #95
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    226,898

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    You are correct. "End of story." Nothing to say that they are doing well because of their stance on guns. Nothing to say they couldn't be doing better had they not alienated some of their customers. I mean, that isn't generally viewed as a good tactic for a retail business to adopt.
    he also appears ignorant of the following facts

    when you piss off gun owners by suggesting they be prevented from owning popular firearms, their anger towards you is going to be far more intense than perhaps the fluffing they get from anti gun assholes who are happy Dick's is attacking the rights of people those fluffers don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  6. #96
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    But they're doing well despite their stance on guns.

    The backlash they "suffered" from initially upon announcement seems to have been short lived to the point that there is NO backlash reflected on the quarterly statement.
    *shrug*

    There is no evidence they're doing well as a consequence of their stance on guns. So why is it such a big deal to a gun banner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Freedom is overrated.

  7. #97
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,493

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    he also appears ignorant of the following facts

    when you piss off gun owners by suggesting they be prevented from owning popular firearms, their anger towards you is going to be far more intense than perhaps the fluffing they get from anti gun assholes who are happy Dick's is attacking the rights of people those fluffers don't like.
    Yeah...I wonder how much he contributed to their bottom line last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Freedom is overrated.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,042

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    From what I understand, they would be doing even better if they hadn't had launched a jihad against legal gun ownership....
    And what data do they have to support this ?

    Odds are they've attracted more customers who might have been attracted to Dicks after their public stance


    Polls claim more people want more gun restrictions-and did so in 1994, but the dems got thrashed at the polls and Clinton admitted it was due to the gun bans. Because-People like me are far more likely to vote against, or boycott someone or something that directly attacks my rights than sheeple who don't like guns will vote for someone or something that is anti gun
    You're not likely to vote Democrat anyway

    I would boycott a store that publicly welcomed people who carry guns....but instead they're more likely to follow Walmart's example.

  9. #99
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    226,898

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    And what data do they have to support this ?

    Odds are they've attracted more customers who might have been attracted to Dicks after their public stance




    You're not likely to vote Democrat anyway

    I would boycott a store that publicly welcomed people who carry guns....but instead they're more likely to follow Walmart's example.
    you appear confused.

    if Dick's had merely said they were not going to sell guns anymore, they might have attracted the gun haters but they would not have really pissed off pro freedom advocates. but when they said they were going to lobby to prevent OTHER stores or dealers from selling commonly owned and popular firearms and lobby to ban honest citizens from owning them, they created millions of enemies
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,042

    Re: Dick's Sporting Goods is doing well since they stopped selling guns

    Quote Originally Posted by RF667799 View Post
    *shrug*

    There is no evidence they're doing well as a consequence of their stance on guns. So why is it such a big deal to a gun banner?
    That a stance against guns is not the commercial suicide that the gun lobby threatens it would be.

    There's no evidence why Dicks sales have gone up - we just know they have done despite the doom and gloom warnings of the initial backlash from gun owners.

    At least you understand what is being said now.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •