Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 306

Thread: Are Gun banners anti woman?

  1. #21
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,794

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irredentist View Post
    Are you of the opinion that stopping a mass shooter is a normal example of "everyday policing"? Because that would seem to fall more under the category of counter-terroism operations. AR-15s have their uses. Home defense and typical police work is simply not one of them.
    Cops have had long guns in their cars for years. What exactly is your background in firearms? if someone chooses an AR 15 for home defense-who are you to tell them they are wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #22
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You're wrong. and a shotgun, even a 20G kicks far more than an AR 15. When someone claims one specific weapon is the best for every possible situation, it is as silly as saying one golf club is the best choice for every lie on a golf course
    Well then it's a good thing I'm not claiming that a shotgun is the best weapon in every situation. I'm saying it's the best weapon specifically for home defense. And definitely far superior to an AR-15 for that purpose.

  3. #23
    Sage AProudLefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,018

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    who is hurt the most if they cannot own a firearm? a 20 year old street tough male or the 40 year old housewife he wants to rape? Gun control is intended to help criminals even if those who push the schemes pretend it is to make honest people safer. Criminals strongly support gun control and are more worried about armed private citizens than the police
    Women can still own guns and defend themselves against scumbags. Personally I disagree with banning AR-15 but that's besides the point.
    Trump: "Our plan is to keep the American people safe."

    Pelosi: "That's not a plan. That's a goal."

  4. #24
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Cops have had long guns in their cars for years. What exactly is your background in firearms? if someone chooses an AR 15 for home defense-who are you to tell them they are wrong?
    Yes, cops carry bigger guns. Under normal circumstances however, they seldom break them out, because they are not particularly useful in the vast majority of police work situations. A person is of course, free to choose whatever weapon they please, within the bounds of legality. And I am equally free to criticize that choice based on the inferior merits of an AR-15 when used for home defense.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,278

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irredentist View Post
    I am not disputing that an AR-15 is a suitable weapon for women due to its light weight and customizable size. That does not however make it an ideal weapon for a home defense, a task that an AR-15 is simply not designed to perform. A shotgun is superior in every regard.
    Be that as it may it is a person's choice whether or not they want to use an AR-15 for home defense or if they want to use a shotgun or a handgun ect.

  6. #26
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,794

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irredentist View Post
    Well then it's a good thing I'm not claiming that a shotgun is the best weapon in every situation. I'm saying it's the best weapon specifically for home defense. And definitely far superior to an AR-15 for that purpose.
    that's stupid because the size of homes vary greatly. and before you start up, I was a world class shotgun competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  7. #27
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,794

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irredentist View Post
    Yes, cops carry bigger guns. Under normal circumstances however, they seldom break them out, because they are not particularly useful in the vast majority of police work situations. A person is of course, free to choose whatever weapon they please, within the bounds of legality. And I am equally free to criticize that choice based on the inferior merits of an AR-15 when used for home defense.
    what exactly are your credentials in terms of expertise in home defense? I have all three types of weapons available depending on the problem that needs solving.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  8. #28
    Tricks and Tweets

    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,807

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't know but Joe Biden hates people being able to own AR 15s
    How does that make him 'anti-woman' ?
    " Freedom is just another word when you have nothing to lose. "

  9. #29
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,794

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Women can still own guns and defend themselves against scumbags. Personally I disagree with banning AR-15 but that's besides the point.
    As a proud lefty-do you plan on voting for someone in the presidential election who wants to ban AR 15s?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  10. #30
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    12-03-19 @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    43,611

    Re: Are Gun banners anti woman?

    Quote Originally Posted by Irredentist View Post
    Yes, cops carry bigger guns. Under normal circumstances however, they seldom break them out, because they are not particularly useful in the vast majority of police work situations. A person is of course, free to choose whatever weapon they please, within the bounds of legality. And I am equally free to criticize that choice based on the inferior merits of an AR-15 when used for home defense.
    These people do not seem to have any familiarity with weapons

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •