Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 461

Thread: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

  1. #291
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,843

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    You're making a strawman argument. The Right claims to own firearms to repel a tyrannical government. I'm not on the Right. I don't own firearms for fighting the government. You need to be questioning those who want to fight tyranny with violence why they aren't violent yet.
    you are being evasive. I am not talking about repelling tyranny./ I am merely asking you whether you support the NFA and its ban on automatic firearms made after 1986 and the expensive and ridiculously slow "tax stamp" system for owning suppressors and SBRs.

    YES OR NO/
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #292
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,843

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    We can deal with pools and bathtubs in a separate bill. This is about firearms.
    then why are you diverting when I ask what firearms laws you oppose or support? I didn't ask why someone would want to own a modern M4 or buy a suppressor-I merely asked you if you support the current bans or lengthy tax stamp process or =-like I do-you believe the NFA should be overturned.

    I never discussed the reason why someone might want to own a SBR or a suppressor or an M4 made last week
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  3. #293
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,526

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    exactly. Its a stupid law
    Not for California. It is par for the course. Stupid laws are their trademark.
    Corruption should be looked into by anyone in a free country without fear of consequences.

  4. #294
    bis vincit qui se vincit

    Wayne Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I know, right?


    Isn't this thread about irresponsible gun owners leaving guns in places where they can be easily stolen or accessed by children?

    Just checking, because the direction the arguments have taken seems to be about anything but the thread topic.
    Think about what they're opposing. Simply locking your car. That's it. That's all the guy had to do and he wouldn't be in any legal trouble even if his gun was still stolen. This isn't like the Chicago laws requiring the gun to be dismantled and ammunition stored separately in a rated safe. This is about just throwing a trigger lock on it when you aren't using it. 12-year-olds learn this in hunter's safety class.
    Vaccines, because it's not always about you.

  5. #295
    bis vincit qui se vincit

    Wayne Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are being evasive.
    I don't answer loaded questions.
    Vaccines, because it's not always about you.

  6. #296
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,843

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    Think about what they're opposing. Simply locking your car. That's it. That's all the guy had to do and he wouldn't be in any legal trouble even if his gun was still stolen. This isn't like the Chicago laws requiring the gun to be dismantled and ammunition stored separately in a rated safe. This is about just throwing a trigger lock on it when you aren't using it. 12-year-olds learn this in hunter's safety class.


    Not locking your car is mere negligence. Not a felony. Not sufficient to strip you of your rights.

    now what is your position on the NFA? you have become quite upset when I claimed you were anti gun because of your desire to punish people who didn't meet your standards for storing firearms. You denied it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  7. #297
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,843

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    I don't answer loaded questions.
    LOL

    on a gun debate forum where you have denied being anti gun-it is a loaded question to ask you if you support the major federal gun ban on the books
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  8. #298
    bis vincit qui se vincit

    Wayne Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    then why are you diverting when I ask what firearms laws you oppose or support?
    Because this thread is not about all the policies I support or oppose. This thread is about Safe Storage, specifically.
    Vaccines, because it's not always about you.

  9. #299
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,843

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    Because this thread is not about all the policies I support or oppose. This thread is about Safe Storage, specifically.
    yes, but I noted your views on safe storage suggest you are anti gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  10. #300
    bis vincit qui se vincit

    Wayne Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,128

    Re: So Police Take Away All His Guns and License to Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Not locking your car is mere negligence. Not a felony.
    That's why his guns were returned to him and he's only getting a $500 fine. It's not a felony.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Not sufficient to strip you of your rights.
    No one was stripped of their rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    now what is your position on the NFA?
    This thread isn't about the NFA.
    Vaccines, because it's not always about you.

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •