Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

  1. #1
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    219,354

    Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens



    nut case tried to shoot up a kid's birthday party
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #2
    Why so serious?
    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,119

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post


    nut case tried to shoot up a kid's birthday party
    Fake news! That never happens! Faux lies!!
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,880

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post


    nut case tried to shoot up a kid's birthday party
    A story like this is not going to make mainstream news. The newsworthy stories are always the ones where innocent people get killed. Bad news.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,880

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Fake news! That never happens! Faux lies!!
    Fox is definitely more reliable and more honest than the Chicken Noodle News, CNN.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    31,439

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Fox is definitely more reliable and more honest than the Chicken Noodle News, CNN.
    “Chicken Noodle News”. I haven’t seen that before but I kind of like it!

  6. #6
    Guru
    Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    On the Silk Road
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,747
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post


    nut case tried to shoot up a kid's birthday party
    Looks like some folks have spent some quality time at the range....NYPD, take note.

  7. #7
    May we meet in Valhalla
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,434

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    This happened a while back. 2018.

    What this demonstrates is NOT that armed citizens save lives. We know that. What that demonstrates is that we simply need more responsible citizens that make the decision to carry legally and act in the gravest extreme.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,880

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    This happened a while back. 2018.

    What this demonstrates is NOT that armed citizens save lives. We know that. What that demonstrates is that we simply need more responsible citizens that make the decision to carry legally and act in the gravest extreme.
    We also need responsible citizens who do carry to also get good training, as these two fellows no doubt had.

  9. #9
    May we meet in Valhalla
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,434

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    We also need responsible citizens who do carry to also get good training, as these two fellows no doubt had.
    That is what was meant by the term 'well regulated'. Trained, adequately munitioned, kept in good working order. It had nothing to do with government entities and everything to do with 'the people'.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,880

    Re: Active shooter slain by two lawfully armed citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That is what was meant by the term 'well regulated'. Trained, adequately munitioned, kept in good working order. It had nothing to do with government entities and everything to do with 'the people'.
    All too often people who get and carry guns don't get good training, as such they do a great disservice not only to themselves but to the gun community as a whole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •