Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 401

Thread: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

  1. #171
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    219,773

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I really wish that people would stop makign this a right/left thing . . its factaully not. I know thats the stereotype but in reality its dumb grouping the right all together just like its dumb grouping the left all together. Its counter productive and whats wrong with politics today,. its part of the problem. MILLIONS on the left support gun rights just like millions on the right support equal marriage rights. Ignoring those facts is silly.

    anyway your argument above is very narrow, dishonest and setup to YOUR narrative not the actual narrative of others.
    Since i dont know you and dont know any of your stances i wont GUESS about them or MAKE them up ill simply state mine and then ask yours.

    im an independent, most suggested new gun laws i dont support because they dont do anything legit

    i have a simple test for them (new laws)

    1.) do they punish criminals and criminal activities with guns. like illegal transportation, manufacturing, possession or crimes while using or in possession of a gun.
    2.) do they NOT punish me (law abiding citizen) and or NOT endanger me and my loved ones etc
    3.) do they NOT empower criminals

    a no to any of those questions is a definite concern and "probably" no go

    laws that are yeses to those i probably support
    not all left-wingers are gun banners or fans of punitive laws that attack legal gun ownership, but almost every gun banner is a left winger
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #172
    Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    10-20-19 @ 06:30 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by snakestretcher View Post
    How about the fact that the majority of mass-killings are committed by people with legally held guns?

    Since 1982, 74 Percent Of Mass Shooters Obtained Their Guns Legally | KUNC
    So what? The majority of drunk drivers get their alcohol legally too, but they kill hundreds of times more people every year than mass shooters.

  3. #173
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    219,773

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlrmln View Post
    So what? The majority of drunk drivers get their alcohol legally too, but they kill hundreds of times more people every year than mass shooters.
    if the left perceived most drinkers being GOP voters and the purveyors of distilled spirits and beer to be big contributors to the GOP, they would sound like Carrie Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  4. #174
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,192

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    not all left-wingers are gun banners or fans of punitive laws that attack legal gun ownership, but almost every gun banner is a left winger
    Do you also accept the statement "not all right-wingers are racists or racial bigots, but mosts racists are right wingers?

    if not then you see why group statements are stupid and part of the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    There is no such thing as a "Zef."
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hispanics are one issue voters. The primary issues all relate to legality & immigration, & how they can make their illegal relatives safe in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  5. #175
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,020

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Here is the entire issue of guns for right-wingers, largely:

    "A bad guy wants to shoot you. Would you rather have a gun and shoot him, or be unarmed?"

    That's the whole topic.

    There's a recent incident: youth football, parents arguing, a son of one of the parents gets a handgun and shoots a woman and girl.
    So why should I be disarmed and unprotected because of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    This seems less like palliative care and more like a last meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Parrots of the Caribbean For Abortion!
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #176
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    219,773

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Do you also accept the statement "not all right-wingers are racists or racial bigots, but mosts racists are right wingers?

    if not then you see why group statements are stupid and part of the problem
    no because many on the left are racists-be it black racists or latino racists.

    I would agree to this

    NOt all members of the religious right oppose Abortion or gay marriage but most of the opposition to abortion and gay marriage comes from the religious right
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  7. #177
    Guru
    Bum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    On the Silk Road
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,787
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So why should I be disarmed and unprotected because of that?
    Oh, look...here's another recent incident....a man defended himself in his home against armed intruders;

    Second deadly home invasion in 24 hours leaves intruder in Fayetteville dead, another at large :: WRAL.com

    We should all be left defenseless because of the actions for idiots we have no control over?

    I think not.

  8. #178
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,192

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no because many on the left are racists-be it black racists or latino racists.

    I would agree to this

    NOt all members of the religious right oppose Abortion or gay marriage but most of the opposition to abortion and gay marriage comes from the religious right
    so you are taking your subjective feelings and opinions and making a blanket statement and you stand by it . . . . but yet when the same thing is done in another fashion you are against it. Thank you for proving my point!
    Your statement is hypocrisy if you take issues with other statements like it and when you refer to "the left" in your gun posts that is part of the problem, dishonest and counter productive Thats my whole point and you just proved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    There is no such thing as a "Zef."
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hispanics are one issue voters. The primary issues all relate to legality & immigration, & how they can make their illegal relatives safe in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  9. #179
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    219,773

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so you are taking your subjective feelings and opinions and making a blanket statement and you stand by it . . . . but yet when the same thing is done in another fashion you are against it. Thank you for proving my point!
    Your statement is hypocrisy if you take issues with other statements like it and when you refer to "the left" in your gun posts that is part of the problem, dishonest and counter productive Thats my whole point and you just proved it.
    who are conservative posters who argue for gun bans

    who are conservative politicians who argue for gun bans
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  10. #180
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,192

    Re: This is what the right doesn't get about gun control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    who are conservative posters who argue for gun bans
    dont know, dont keep track of such things nor does it matter one single bit
    who are the lefties here that are racist? same thing, dont know nor does it matter one single bit. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    There is no such thing as a "Zef."
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hispanics are one issue voters. The primary issues all relate to legality & immigration, & how they can make their illegal relatives safe in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •