Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 442

Thread: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

  1. #1
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,719

    [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    March for Our Lives, the gun control group started by Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students following the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida, on Wednesday released their comprehensive gun control plan, know as the "Peace Plan."

    "We donít have to live like this: in fear for our lives and our families. The federal government has failed in its responsibility to protect the safety and well-being of the public with regard to the nationís gun violence epidemic. The time for comprehensive and sweeping reform is now," the group said on the plan website. "We need ambitious leadership throughout the whole of government to stand in opposition to the gun lobby and industry in order to secure a peaceful America for generations to come."


    snip

    Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical


    Who's behind these kids?
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    08-22-19 @ 10:43 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,100

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Im supposed to listen to kids why exactly?

  3. #3
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    48,168

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    • a national licensing and registry system. Specifically, gun owners would have to go through in-person interviews with law enforcement, provide personal references, obtain firearm safety training and wait 10 days for each firearm purchase. Licenses would expire every year and requirements would have to be fulfilled again.

    • to require gun owners to pay an annual licensing fee.

    • to impose higher fees on bulk firearms and ammo purchases.

    • to raise the gun ownership age to 21.

    • to expand the list of reasons to prohibit someone to own a firearm. Prohibited possessors would include: individuals with felony convictions, any level of domestic violence offenders (protective orders and misdemeanors), individuals with a documented history of violence, individuals convicted of hate crimes, individuals convicted of stalking, and individuals that make a credible and public threat against a specific person or institutions such as schools, churches, or workplaces.

    • to prevent gun owners from obtaining more than one firearm per month.

    • to prohibit online firearm and ammo sales and transfers, including for parts.

    • a ban on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, and other "weapons of war."

    • a national gun buy-back and disposal program.

    • to require safe gun storage on all firearms.

    • to require gun owners to report a lost or stolen firearm to law enforcement within 72 hours.

    • to declare a national emergency around gun violence and create a goal to reduce gun injuries and deaths by 50 percent in 10 years.

    • to reexamine District of Columbia v. Heller, which says a person has a right to own a firearm in the home for self protection.

    • to have the Federal Elections Commission (FECT) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) investigate the NRA.

    • to repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

    • to appoint a National Director of Gun Violence Prevention (GVP) who reports directly to the president.

    • to provide $250 million annually for research by the CDC and other federal agencies on gun violence prevention.

    • urban violence reduction programs, suicide prevention programs, domestic violence prevention programs, mental and behavioral health service programs.

    • to automatically issue voter cards to Americans once they turn 18

    • to create a "Safety Corps," similar to the Peace Corps.
    TANSTAAFL
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  4. #4
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    26,330
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    March for Our Lives, the gun control group started by Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students following the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida, on Wednesday released their comprehensive gun control plan, know as the "Peace Plan."

    "We donít have to live like this: in fear for our lives and our families. The federal government has failed in its responsibility to protect the safety and well-being of the public with regard to the nationís gun violence epidemic. The time for comprehensive and sweeping reform is now," the group said on the plan website. "We need ambitious leadership throughout the whole of government to stand in opposition to the gun lobby and industry in order to secure a peaceful America for generations to come."


    snip

    Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical


    Who's behind these kids?
    Go ahead. Sneer at them, tell them their opinions don't merit consideration. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands, of those people will be voting for the first time next year and the more the right beaks off to and about them the more determined they'll all be to show up at the polls.
    "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I donít know.Ē
    -DeeJay Trump-

  5. #5
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,039

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
    Im supposed to listen to kids why exactly?
    Because your guns are more precious than their lives. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I've never read that anyone from this forum defends Trump lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  6. #6
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,719

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
    Im supposed to listen to kids why exactly?
    They are getting used by the gun grabbing Left as convenient pawns in the war against the 2nd amendment. Another of "it's for the children" ploys.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  7. #7
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,719

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Go ahead. Sneer at them, tell them their opinions don't merit consideration. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands, of those people will be voting for the first time next year and the more the right beaks off to and about them the more determined they'll all be to show up at the polls.

    Commies always use the children to gain power.


    Beginning in 1966, Mao Zedong, who had withdrawn somewhat into the background of the Chinese leadership in the previous years, marshaled the youth of China in a new campaign against supposed party deviationists and class enemies

    China'''s Cultural Revolution and a History of Totalitarianism | Time
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  8. #8
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    26,330
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Commies always use the children to gain power.


    Beginning in 1966, Mao Zedong, who had withdrawn somewhat into the background of the Chinese leadership in the previous years, marshaled the youth of China in a new campaign against supposed party deviationists and class enemies

    China'''s Cultural Revolution and a History of Totalitarianism | Time
    Mao Zedong? Ohyeah, there's relevance smeared all over this post.
    Jesus. What's wrong with you guys? Are there still commies and reds and fellow-travellers hiding under American conservative beds?
    What year is this?
    "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I donít know.Ē
    -DeeJay Trump-

  9. #9
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28,719

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Mao Zedong? Ohyeah, there's relevance smeared all over this post.
    Jesus. What's wrong with you guys? Are there still commies and reds and fellow-travellers hiding under American conservative beds?
    What year is this?
    Sorry,should have read, "Commies and other totalitarian regimes"

    If you paid any attention from that island your on you would see I'm right.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  10. #10
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,018

    re: [W:424]Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    March for Our Lives, the gun control group started by Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students following the tragic shooting in Parkland, Florida, on Wednesday released their comprehensive gun control plan, know as the "Peace Plan."

    "We don’t have to live like this: in fear for our lives and our families. The federal government has failed in its responsibility to protect the safety and well-being of the public with regard to the nation’s gun violence epidemic. The time for comprehensive and sweeping reform is now," the group said on the plan website. "We need ambitious leadership throughout the whole of government to stand in opposition to the gun lobby and industry in order to secure a peaceful America for generations to come."

    snip

    Parkland Students' Gun Control Proposal Is Beyond Radical

    Who's behind these kids?
    Does not really matter, very little of that list has much chance to become anything more than stump time rhetoric.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •