View Poll Results: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do not reduce speed limit and do not ban conceal carrying firearms

    9 75.00%
  • Ban conceal carry of firearms but do not reduce speed limit

    3 25.00%
  • Reduce the speed limit but do not ban conceal carry firearms

    0 0%
  • Significantly reduce the speed limit and ban conceal carry firearms

    0 0%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 123

Thread: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

  1. #11
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,841

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Oh look, it's the "when will you stop beating your wife?" question.

    You did not address what's wrong with the OP, but I didn't expect you to do that either.
    That isn't the point-the point is-the reason why gun banners don't push for actions that will save far more lives than gun bans, is because saving lives is not the main motivation behind gun bans
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #12
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,841

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Why do you like to lie?
    to prove he lied, you have to prove the following

    1) he said something that he knows to be untrue

    or

    2) he said something he has no reasonable belief is true

    I believe that the leaders of the anti gun movement are not motivated by a desire to save innocent lives

    You have not proven he has lied
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,076

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    to prove he lied, you have to prove the following

    1) he said something that he knows to be untrue

    or

    2) he said something he has no reasonable belief is true

    I believe that the leaders of the anti gun movement are not motivated by a desire to save innocent lives

    You have not proven he has lied
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That isn't the point-the point is-the reason why gun banners don't push for actions that will save far more lives than gun bans, is because saving lives is not the main motivation behind gun bans
    So you ask for evidence demanding that one person has lied while lying yourself.

    Your double standard is noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I've never read that anyone from this forum defends Trump lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  4. #14
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,841

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    So you ask for evidence demanding that one person has lied while lying yourself.

    Your double standard is noted.
    what have I said that you can prove I know is not truthful
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,076

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what have I said that you can prove I know is not truthful
    The moon is made of Swiss cheese.

    You cannot disprove that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I've never read that anyone from this forum defends Trump lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  6. #16
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,841

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    The moon is made of Swiss cheese.

    You cannot disprove that statement.
    Yes I can because there is credible evidence-brought back by men such as Neil Armstrong that says otherwise and you have no reasonable belief that your statement is correct. I truly believe that most gun banners are motivated by a political agenda and not by a real desire to save lives. I also note that since almost every single gun banner is a left wing activist, that bolsters my reasonable belief that gun control is a political weapon
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  7. #17
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    43,930
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Joko, of all the questions you've asked, this has to be one of your stupidest ones yet.

    I'll let you think about why. I'll give you a hint: It has nothing to do with whether or not gun safety laws are effective.
    As I said, it isn't about "safety" or lives at all. It is about hating and fearing guns - no matter what the result.

  8. #18
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    43,930
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    As expected you are addressing a strawman. You falsely claimed that the motivation for gun safety laws is not saving lives, didn't you?

    Now are you ready to retract your lie? I'm not betting on it.
    So far, you've said nothing other than ducking the topic.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,076

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yes I can because there is credible evidence-brought back by men such as Neil Armstrong that says otherwise and you have no reasonable belief that your statement is correct. I truly believe that most gun banners are motivated by a political agenda and not by a real desire to save lives. I also note that since almost every single gun banner is a left wing activist, that bolsters my reasonable belief that gun control is a political weapon
    But how can you prove that they went to the moon?
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I've never read that anyone from this forum defends Trump lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    22,076

    Re: Reducing the speed limit to 25 mph versus banning CCW - which saves more lives?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    As I said, it isn't about "safety" or lives at all. It is about hating and fearing guns - no matter what the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    So far, you've said nothing other than ducking the topic.
    Says the person who has openly feared becoming an ethnic minority. People who want unlimited gun liberties want power for whites as they fade into the night.

    ...

    See how it sounds when you make a deliberately provocative statement? Check yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I've never read that anyone from this forum defends Trump lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    Bernie's campaign was widely described as the most gentle primary campaign in memory
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •