Page 41 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1637

Thread: Define assault weapon

  1. #401
    Student
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    288

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Merriam-Webster

  2. #402
    Sage
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,764

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Exactly where do you get your definition?
    I don’t believe there is a meaningful definition for “assault weapon.” Every law defines them differently, it’s not a military term. It’s a vague term used much the same way as “energy” and “toxins” are used by scam artist for fake health claims.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  3. #403
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,492

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    I don’t believe there is a meaningful definition for “assault weapon.” Every law defines them differently, it’s not a military term. It’s a vague term used much the same way as “energy” and “toxins” are used by scam artist for fake health claims.
    Actually the federal definition was quite specific

  4. #404
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,104

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do leftist gun haters use a term "assault" which clearly is not relevant to semi automatic firearms?
    They don't understand that assault is an actin by the person. They cannot comprehend that a baseball bat can be a tool to play a game and can also be used as a weapon to commit assault. They cannot understand how a steak knife can be used as cutlery or as a weapon. Same knife it is the person that is the problem.
    We are the Democrats. Resistance is Futile.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Chillfolks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    VA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,964

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by PIPEWRENCH View Post
    They don't understand that assault is an actin by the person. They cannot comprehend that a baseball bat can be a tool to play a game and can also be used as a weapon to commit assault. They cannot understand how a steak knife can be used as cutlery or as a weapon. Same knife it is the person that is the problem.
    Come on we all know hunks of metal and plastic have mythical satanic powers that take over ones minds and force them to commit horrendous acts agianst their will. A lot of gun banners positions are equivalent to a modern day version of Refer Madness.

  6. #406
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,143
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Actually the federal definition was quite specific
    Then post it. Not the link to it. Copy and paste it for us all to see.

    Less than a minutes effort. Shouldn't be too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #407
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,492

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Then post it. Not the link to it. Copy and paste it for us all to see.

    Less than a minutes effort. Shouldn't be too hard.
    If it is less than a minutes effort....why do you need me?

  8. #408
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,143
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjurrs View Post
    Whatever, and I think the government should take your guns. I'm in if you are.
    All of them? So you are for a complete repeal on the 2nd amendment?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  9. #409
    Sage
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,764

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Actually the federal definition was quite specific
    Not really. It had a list of models, which wouldn’t be needed for a definition, there were different definitions for what was considered an assault weapon depending on whether it was a rifle, pistol, or shotgun, and 2 out of three properties is not a specific definition. Removing one feature unrelated to performance of the weapon could change its status. Unless it was on the list, in which case it could have none of the features in the definition but still be an assault weapon.

    A detachable magazine was an assault weapon feature in a shotgun, but not rifle or pistol. A magazine outside the grip was an assault weapon feature for a pistol but not a rifle or shotgun. Same thing with barrel shrouds.

    And state definitions are different. Are you saying the federal definition is more definitive than state definitions?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  10. #410
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,143
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Define assault weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    If it is less than a minutes effort....why do you need me?
    You provided the link the last time. I don't know where you found it, but I'm guessing you do. And since there are likely multiple sources that differ, id prefer you to provide yours, so you can't simply rebuke anything I might supply as not being "correct".
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •