Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

  1. #11
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    48,028

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When some folks say the gun-grabbers aren't coming for everything: that a damn lie.

    200 House Democrats Sign On to Assault Weapons Ban Bill of 2019 - The Truth About Guns
    As usual, Democrats don't give a rat's ass about the Constitution.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  2. #12
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,004

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    How many AR-15s are out there? Some gotta belong to democrats
    .my best friend has a safe full of "assault style" weapons and sells them for a living a d he is a Democrat...

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    108,433

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    That source seems...biased.

    What else ya got?

    Here's the problem. You have a semi-automatic rifle problem right now. No one can really say why regular citizens need them while mass murderers are using them to commit mass murder. There IS that.

    So really, what is your appeal? You can't hunt with a .223, why else do you need one? Shooting squirrels?

    .223 ammo is not even that cheap. 9mm is cheaper by far. .22lr is cheaper still, but rimfire...and I'm not certain 9mm is approved for hunting either.

    Face it, there is no real need for .223 semi-auto rifles. No one here really belongs to any well-regulated militia.

    The only prior need for .223 ammo, aka 5.56mm was for ammo used to fight in war.

    Now 7.62...not a hunting caliber, not here in the states. But still, not a common caliber for hunting in 'Merica.

    What is this fascination with guns?
    The Constitution doesn't require that "need" be established.

    But, that's besides the point, this bill is going after everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  4. #14
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,004

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    As usual, Democrats don't give a rat's ass about the Constitution.
    I think your forgetting trump is backing universal background checks and red flag laws.

    This is not a Democrat thing, unfortunately the . majority think laws like this will help and politicians from both sides will cave under the pressure...

  5. #15
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    61,079

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    That source seems...biased.

    What else ya got?

    Here's the problem. You have a semi-automatic rifle problem right now. No one can really say why regular citizens need them while mass murderers are using them to commit mass murder. There IS that.

    So really, what is your appeal? You can't hunt with a .223, why else do you need one? Shooting squirrels?

    .223 ammo is not even that cheap. 9mm is cheaper by far. .22lr is cheaper still, but rimfire...and I'm not certain 9mm is approved for hunting either.

    Face it, there is no real need for .223 semi-auto rifles. No one here really belongs to any well-regulated militia.

    The only prior need for .223 ammo, aka 5.56mm was for ammo used to fight in war.

    Now 7.62...not a hunting caliber, not here in the states. But still, not a common caliber for hunting in 'Merica.

    What is this fascination with guns?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    48,028

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    I think your forgetting trump is backing universal background checks and red flag laws.

    This is not a Democrat thing, unfortunately the . majority think laws like this will help and politicians from both sides will cave under the pressure...
    Wrong.

    Trump has called for 'intelligent background checks'...not universal background checks.

    There you go with that Trump hating spin nonsense again.

    In any case, background checks are NOT weapons bans, though both violate the 2nd Amendment.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  7. #17
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    13,094

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    .my best friend has a safe full of "assault style" weapons and sells them for a living a d he is a Democrat...
    Does he do comprehensive background checks?
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  8. #18
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Wrong.

    Trump has called for 'intelligent background checks'...not universal background checks.

    There you go with that Trump hating spin nonsense again.

    In any case, background checks are NOT weapons bans, though both violate the 2nd Amendment.
    Sen. Coburn (R) also called for "intelligent" background checks in 2013. Democrats apparently preferred having NO background checks if meant not getting everything they wanted, because Reid refused to allow the Senate to vote on Coburn's proposal.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16,107

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    That source seems...biased.

    What else ya got?

    Here's the problem. You have a semi-automatic rifle problem right now. No one can really say why regular citizens need them while mass murderers are using them to commit mass murder. There IS that.

    So really, what is your appeal? You can't hunt with a .223, why else do you need one? Shooting squirrels?

    .223 ammo is not even that cheap. 9mm is cheaper by far. .22lr is cheaper still, but rimfire...and I'm not certain 9mm is approved for hunting either.

    Face it, there is no real need for .223 semi-auto rifles. No one here really belongs to any well-regulated militia.

    The only prior need for .223 ammo, aka 5.56mm was for ammo used to fight in war.

    Now 7.62...not a hunting caliber, not here in the states. But still, not a common caliber for hunting in 'Merica.

    What is this fascination with guns?
    Is it impossible that any enemies of America could ever attack Americans on US soil? What harm are existing rifles causing in the hands of law-abiding citizens? Americans should not be stripped of their guns just because liberals don't think they need them and want to take them away in a worthless attempt to get guns out of the hands of the lawless.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    48,028

    Re: 200 house democrats sign on to assault weapons ban bill of 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlrmln View Post
    Sen. Coburn (R) also called for "intelligent" background checks in 2013. Democrats apparently preferred having NO background checks if meant not getting everything they wanted, because Reid refused to allow the Senate to vote on Coburn's proposal.
    And that's what'll happen this time around, except it'll be the House that balks.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •