View Poll Results: Have you shot an AR15?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - and guns like the AR15 should be banned

    3 6.25%
  • Yes - and guns like the AR15 should not be banned

    30 62.50%
  • No - and guns like the AR15 should be banned

    3 6.25%
  • No - and guns like the AR15 should not be banned

    11 22.92%
  • Yes - ban high capacity magazines

    0 0%
  • No - ban high capacity magazines

    1 2.08%
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 281

Thread: Have you ever shot an AR15?

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    7,178

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    As you absurdly claim lightning strikes kill more people than guns -
    I never claimed any such thing. Lean to read.'

    Stop replying to me unless you want to be honest.
    The more I get to know people the more I realize why Noah only let animals on the boat.

  2. #212
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85,429

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Own one and have fired it. It takes practice.

    Sent from Hillary's private email server.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  3. #213
    Sensational

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    43,946
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
    Well, this sounds special.

    You chose to live on a swamp? WTF?
    A woodland swamp to be exact. Cypress groves, salt marches, shell and mangrove islands, estuaries, little rivers and creeks, a bit of high ground here and there - or ground 3 to 8 inches underwater. Land untouched by any humans since the beginning of time on the Natural Coast of Florida. And bordered on 2 sides by a massive state park also that extends out into the Gulf of Mexico and the maze of small islands - land that people are prohibited from even walking on as a natural reserve - and that land rolling right in ours - no fence between them, no distinction between the land and ours.

    I can not describe in words how truly beautiful this land is to me - the most beautiful place on earth in both a raw natural and such diversity - rather than just some majestic view of mountains miles away - and that's all there is. This land is ALIVE - it is ALL life. While one of the big boats is for offshore for some of the best game fishing on earth, mostly I just slowly wake-less troll along in small old aluminum bass tracker with a small outboard in the inner islands waters, bays, estuaries, and inlets among the ancient small scattered shell islands created by the people long forgotten who lived here for centuries living off the sea and the land - the largest clam reefs in the world back then - and the island their dumping ground of the shells - and the mangrove islands - for which those and the thousands of square miles of shallow sea grass are the birthing ground of the Gulf Of Mexico - a fisherman's paradise.

    But beware, that water may only be 4 feet deep at low tide. Most bull shark hits happen from knee to hip height - particularly at dawn and dusk. This is bull shark capital of the world. And manatee capital. And no shortage of alligators. How long with this pod of dolphins follow your boat's wake?

    And nobody, likely seeing nobody at all in any direction 90% of the time - and other 10% they are just passing by. On the land or out among the islands, there are no street signs. A person can get lost in there. Sometimes that the goal for a while.

    What will you next see? The osprey? Is that a raccoon family at water's edge? Look, an 8 foot hammer head just went under your boat. The sea turtle that pops up it's head curious about you. What micro orgasm of observing the marvels of nature is in the next minute? - so peaceful to take in.

    I greatly enjoy this orgy of undisturbed incredible diversity of nature, on the water, in the trees, in the air, is such a variety of birds - water fowl, cranes of many species including endangered, sea birds, woodlands birds, and all the birds of prey - osprey, owls, eagles and hawks. The diversity of plants of every kind. Even extreme diversity of insects - some of which will get you bad if you're not careful. You ever see a osprey dive straight down into it's prey feet from you? A eagle or a hawk strike within 10 yards? I have - and much, much more. I live in paradise on earth. I am a guardian of it.

    But you're a urban progressive. To you, this is just a swamp that should be paved over with concrete for Starbucks, Macys, Barnes & Noble, and Condos. You will protest verbally a little on behalf of animals - for domesticated dogs and cats. THAT is "nature" to you.
    Last edited by joko104; 08-20-19 at 09:46 PM.

  4. #214
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85,429

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Own and fired mine many times.


    They should be licensed and registered
    Is yours?

    Sent from Hillary's private email server.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  5. #215
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85,429

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    In states and countries that have that there are less gun deaths. It's not a coincidence when there are dozens of examples
    Go start a thread and describe them all.

    Sent from Hillary's private email server.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  6. #216
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,619

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Is yours?

    Sent from Hillary's private email server.
    Give me the form....happy to fill it out

  7. #217
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85,429

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Give me the form....happy to fill it out
    Liberals should be registered.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA #WalkAway

  8. #218
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,619

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Liberals should be registered.
    Uh we are. So are conservatives. Lol

  9. #219
    Bigus Dickus
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,845

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    In fact, I do have "tons" of guns and probably of ammo too - and other stuff like accessories (tripods, optics, magazines, just lots of stuff - 2 big U-Hauls full of stuff, including all his other personal stuff.) I inherited that as a surprise from a military weapons collecting military career father I do not recall ever meeting and probably never did, nor knew even his name or that he existed. He died (not combat related) while still in the Army and service records showed I was his only known surviving relative. So it all came my way, plus his insurance. Never saw that one coming.

    So that night at the club, with a double shot of Wild Turkey Rare I toasted him. "Thanks, dad." (there was a bit of sarcasm, but also mixed with appreciation for having the decency to let his name be on the birth certificate and military records to bring this windfall my way.) The money paid for my first house - a gorgeous heavy cypress and stone at the edge of a woodland swamp fully furnished. I decided to keep all the military stuff until I could figure out what it was worth. Instead got into guns - but not military weapons: modern - and then antique firearms collecting. Most my firearms have gone up in value. Most used stuff doesn't.
    Snort! And yet another senseless post of pure, useless garbage.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I can not think of any non-white majority country anywhere on earth I would want to live. I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  10. #220
    Professor Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5N, -149W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Have you ever shot an AR15?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    A woodland swamp to be exact. Cypress groves, salt marches, shell and mangrove islands, estuaries, little rivers and creeks, a bit of high ground here and there - or ground 3 to 8 inches underwater. Land untouched by any humans since the beginning of time on the Natural Coast of Florida. And bordered on 2 sides by a massive state park also that extends out into the Gulf of Mexico and the maze of small islands - land that people are prohibited from even walking on as a natural reserve - and that land rolling right in ours - no fence between them, no distinction between the land and ours.

    I can not describe in words how truly beautiful this land is to me - the most beautiful place on earth in both a raw natural and such diversity - rather than just some majestic view of mountains miles away - and that's all there is. This land is ALIVE - it is ALL life. While one of the big boats is for offshore for some of the best game fishing on earth, mostly I just slowly wake-less troll along in small old aluminum bass tracker with a small outboard in the inner islands waters, bays, estuaries, and inlets among the ancient small scattered shell islands created by the people long forgotten who lived here for centuries living off the sea and the land - the largest clam reefs in the world back then - and the island their dumping ground of the shells - and the mangrove islands - for which those and the thousands of square miles of shallow sea grass are the birthing ground of the Gulf Of Mexico - a fisherman's paradise.
    Sounds really nice, and you clearly love your neck of the woods. It is interesting how words change with latitude. What you describe as a "swamp," is a "bog" when you get further north. When you are as far north as Alaska, bogs and swamps become "muskeg."

    Personally, I love having mountains 360 of me, and they aren't that distant. Although they do have a tendency to mess with the climate, locally. With regard to sea-life, I just finished smoking 150 pounds of salmon 10 days ago. In a couple of days I will be heading out for my annual caribou, and next month is the beginning of moose season. There is quite a bit of diversity of life in Alaska as well, and some of it is very tasty.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    But beware, that water may only be 4 feet deep at low tide. Most bull shark hits happen from knee to hip height - particularly at dawn and dusk. This is bull shark capital of the world. And manatee capital. And no shortage of alligators. How long with this pod of dolphins follow your boat's wake?
    We've got the highest tides in the US, and the fifth highest tide (at 30.3 feet in Turnagain Arm) in the world in Anchorage.

    Every Summer we have to rescue some idiot tourist who walks out onto the mud flats at low-tide and gets stuck. Not realizing that the tide comes back in at 40 mph. The tide also goes out at 40 mph as well, which has left many a Beluga or Killer whale stranded.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I greatly enjoy this orgy of undisturbed incredible diversity of nature, on the water, in the trees, in the air, is such a variety of birds - water fowl, cranes of many species including endangered, sea birds, woodlands birds, and all the birds of prey - osprey, owls, eagles and hawks. The diversity of plants of every kind. Even extreme diversity of insects - some of which will get you bad if you're not careful. You ever see a osprey dive straight down into it's prey feet from you? A eagle or a hawk strike within 10 yards? I have - and much, much more. I live in paradise on earth. I am a guardian of it.
    I have to agree with you there. Although we don't quite have the variety of insects that you have, I'm also living in paradise on Earth. Just a different patch of Earth.

    Were I live I might see a vehicle drive by once or twice a day. The rest of the time it is just me and the wildlife.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    But you're a urban progressive. To you, this is just a swamp that should be paved over with concrete for Starbucks, Macys, Barnes & Noble, and Condos. You will protest verbally a little on behalf of animals - for domesticated dogs and cats. THAT is "nature" to you.
    City critters are so removed from reality that they would starve to death if their meat didn't come cellophane wrapped from grocery stores. They have absolutely no idea how to function once they get outside of their cities.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •