Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 146

Thread: Do you feel safer Now?

  1. #21
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,392

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Because at least half of 'em have gotta be nuts, that's why...
    That's paranoid nonsense. CCW permit holders are far more law abiding than COPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Elvira's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Down South
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,828

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That's paranoid nonsense. CCW permit holders are far more law abiding than COPS.
    Nope, that is reality, bud...remember the asylums? Where are they now...out on the streets...with guns...
    "Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience." Ephesians 5:6

  3. #23
    Guru

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    The ONLY way this could occur is if you are talking about the "criminal mass shootings." Those involving drugs, gangs, robberies, etc.. NOT the "mass shootings" of supremacists, terrorists, or just plain nut-jobs.

    What part of "gun control does nothing to stop dedicated criminals from using guns" do you fail to understand? Hint: They don't obey laws. That's why they are called "criminals."

    As I pointed out to a proud anti-gun Brit, there were over 2300 gun crimes in London alone in 2018/19.

    Gun crime in London 2019 | Statista
    There have been 47,220 gun incidents in the U.S. in 2018 — and here they all are on one map - MarketWatch
    Here are the stats for the US for 2018. Over 47 thousand gun related. Since we do not have a central government agency that collects the data it might be many more.

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Which would still end with the policeman being in the wrong.
    But if what has happened in the US to date, the policeman would walk away unscathed while your friend with the gun would be dead.

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That's paranoid nonsense. CCW permit holders are far more law abiding than COPS.
    They may be more sane but not more trained. When they passed ccw in Wisco they passed a rule that you needed very, and I mean very limited training, A friend of ours went and got the ccw and a gun. The problem was she did not even know how to take it off the safety as that was not part of the training. The training was basically how the law works and where you could carry rather than teaching anything about the use of her weapon. This neighbor to this day has never even shot a gun and that scares me and should scare you as there are many more people out there like my neighbor. What is really scary is when they were writing the law, the NRA came in and told the GOP law makers who control our legislature that they did not need to include any training requirement in the law. Even the GOP in this state would not go along with that. When I was an NRA member in my youth it was all about safety and training. Now it seems to be just the ad agency for the gun makers.

  6. #26
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    09-13-19 @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    470

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    Armed Man Who Caused Panic at Missouri Walmart Said It Was 2nd Amendment Test, Authorities Say - The New York Times

    For over 30 years the NRA and gun advocates have told us we will be safer with more guns out there and fewer places that guns are not allowed. The estimate is that we have over 300 million guns out there and there are fewer places you can not carry. In fact Texas has one of the laws that allow carry almost everywhere and yet the shooting in El Paso took place. Not only that but there are people who were interviewed who said they were carrying, but they like everyone else fled the shooting. There are even people who are so gun nuts that they are willing after what happened in the El Paso Walmart, to go into another Walmart carrying weapons similar to the El Paso shooter to prove their 2nd Amendment rights. See the article above. Needless to say there was a panic. So my question to you, as the number of mass shootings grow to record numbers, do all of these guns and laws make you feel safer?
    How much do you want to let fear rule your life? You say you feel more fear of guns at this moment, what about alcohol? 90,000 people died in 2018 from alcohol related incidents. There was over 300,000 car accidents in Ohio last year, 4.5 million were seriously injured in cars in the US are you afraid of cars? Did you know murders by guns are on the decline? Murders in general are still right around the same.

    Think about all those numbers and tell me why guns frighten more people.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,193

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    They may be more sane but not more trained. When they passed ccw in Wisco they passed a rule that you needed very, and I mean very limited training, A friend of ours went and got the ccw and a gun. The problem was she did not even know how to take it off the safety as that was not part of the training. The training was basically how the law works and where you could carry rather than teaching anything about the use of her weapon. This neighbor to this day has never even shot a gun and that scares me and should scare you as there are many more people out there like my neighbor. What is really scary is when they were writing the law, the NRA came in and told the GOP law makers who control our legislature that they did not need to include any training requirement in the law. Even the GOP in this state would not go along with that. When I was an NRA member in my youth it was all about safety and training. Now it seems to be just the ad agency for the gun makers.
    The idea that guns do not require training is absolutely ridiculous. It should be mandated by federal law

  8. #28
    May we meet in Valhalla
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,119

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    There have been 47,220 gun incidents in the U.S. in 2018 — and here they all are on one map - MarketWatch
    Here are the stats for the US for 2018. Over 47 thousand gun related. Since we do not have a central government agency that collects the data it might be many more.
    Considering the economic devastation ongoing in minority communities across the country, I have to say that 40 deaths a day might be considered a bit low. I'm kid of surprised its not higher, considering the number of gangs and ongoing instances of day to day violence in the country. Imagine how much that number could go down if people were more interested in addressing the actual pro0blems than constantly ****ting themselves over the normal secondary bi-product of the actual problems.

  9. #29
    May we meet in Valhalla
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,119

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    But if what has happened in the US to date, the policeman would walk away unscathed while your friend with the gun would be dead.
    Heres the thing. If you arent a gang member, dont live in a rat controlled rat infested gang dominated community, and dont off yourself, the odds of you dying by gunfire are EXTRAORDINARILY low.

    You have let the leftists mind-**** you in order to get you to support their anti-gun cause.

  10. #30
    Guru

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,526

    Re: Do you feel safer Now?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Considering the economic devastation ongoing in minority communities across the country, I have to say that 40 deaths a day might be considered a bit low. I'm kid of surprised its not higher, considering the number of gangs and ongoing instances of day to day violence in the country. Imagine how much that number could go down if people were more interested in addressing the actual pro0blems than constantly ****ting themselves over the normal secondary bi-product of the actual problems.
    Do you know the difference between gun incidents and mass shooting, if not do so before you post.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •