Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 250

Thread: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

  1. #21
    Professor
    beancounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    At the Center of Eternity
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,377

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    where is the prohibition on wearing body armor?
    and what causes one to relinquish their Constitutional right to bear arms while wearing body armor?
    Straw man argument... I never said there was a prohibition on body armor.

    I said the combination of the two, more often than not, indicates ill intent.

    Criminals in body armor: How many felons wear bulletproof vests?

    Bulletproof vests familiar problem for police - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
    If you have to resort to insults, name calling, ad hominem attacks, straw men, red herrings, appeals to authority, and other dirty debate tactics, the veracity of you argument is questionable.

  2. #22
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,148

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    what would have been the reason to shoot him
    he bore arms as is his Constitutional right
    and there is nothing that indicates he used those arms to place walmart patrons in danger
    so, the question becomes, does one have the right to bear arms in public or not?
    Because we are in a heighten state with all of these shootings. You can bear arms, just be smart about it.
    Hail to the King baby!

  3. #23
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Police have total discretion to detain someone and remove them from the scene if they present a potential danger to the public.

    Total discretion
    how is law enforcement's detaining someone only because he is exercising his Constitutional right to bear arms anything other than an infringement of said right?

    seems like a massive and slippery slope
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    "Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man and a weak man's idea of a strong man." ...
    ​45<44

  4. #24
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by swing_voter View Post
    Missouri is an open-carry state. But its laws do prohibit gun owners from displaying their weapons in a threatening way.

    For instance, even someone who holds a valid conceal-carry endorsement and is openly carrying a gun can run afoul of the law "if the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense."

    Rifle-Carrying Man Arrested After Causing Panic At Walmart In Missouri : NPR



    Let's see if the judge lets him go.

    what about his Constitutionally protected carry constituted a threat to anyone, based on the information within that cited story
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    "Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man and a weak man's idea of a strong man." ...
    ​45<44

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,618

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    how is law enforcement's detaining someone only because he is exercising his Constitutional right to bear arms anything other than an infringement of said right?

    seems like a massive and slippery slope
    Police have to maintain order. If your actions have a potential for violence they will make you leave the scene

  6. #26
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
    Straw man argument... I never said there was a prohibition on body armor.

    I said the combination of the two, more often than not, indicates ill intent.

    Criminals in body armor: How many felons wear bulletproof vests?

    Bulletproof vests familiar problem for police - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
    but you opted not to tell us what about the wearing of body armor deprives him of the Constitutional right to bear arms in public while wearing such armor
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    "Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man and a weak man's idea of a strong man." ...
    ​45<44

  7. #27
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Because we are in a heighten state with all of these shootings. You can bear arms, just be smart about it.
    does one have to be smart to exercise their Constitutional right to bear arms?
    never saw such language within the second amendment
    you are imposing an expectation that does not exist
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    "Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man and a weak man's idea of a strong man." ...
    ​45<44

  8. #28
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Police have to maintain order. If your actions have a potential for violence they will make you leave the scene
    any person publicly bearing arms presents a potential for violence
    what causes this instance to warrant the deprivation of that man's Constitutionally protected right to carry?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    "Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man and a weak man's idea of a strong man." ...
    ​45<44

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,618

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    does one have to be smart to exercise their Constitutional right to bear arms?
    never saw such language within the second amendment
    you are imposing an expectation that does not exist
    One can not present an unreasonable potential for danger to the public

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,618

    Re: 'He's lucky to be alive still, to be honest,' says Springfield Police Lieutenant Mike Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    any person publicly bearing arms presents a potential for violence
    what causes this instance to warrant the deprivation of that man's Constitutionally protected right to carry?
    Recent mass shooting in a Walmart.


    That's enough

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •