Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 196

Thread: The Squad Wants More Security

  1. #111
    Infidel Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,383

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Trump hate almost always accompanies anti gun arguments these days
    Off topic. Care to address my post? I'll repeat it for you.

    Do you admit Trump's rhetoric encourages violence?

    I'm not going to waste my time discussing this with you until, without a "whataboutism" appeal to hypocrisy, you actually answer my post.
    #BDS

    "Socrates never cried, Jesus never laughed." - Cornel West

  2. #112
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    106,652

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by daeler View Post
    See technically it isn't hypocrisy. The Congresswomen want less guns to be available to the public in an effort to curb violence. They want law enforcement to keep guns so they have the means to combat those who break the law. Their lives have been made difficult because of the political climate so they have asked for law enforcement to provide additional security.

    While I completely disagree with their gun policies, what they have done is not hypocrisy. Nor does it destroy their logic.
    Do I get a government paid personal body guard?
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  3. #113
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    215,029

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Off topic. Care to address my post? I'll repeat it for you.
    The only thing that is true is that when Trump won, many of his opponents could not accept that and acted violently,
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    47,055

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Trump's rhetoric encourages bad behavior. The "squad" are under persistent death threats from right wing lunatics encouraged by Trump's dehumanizing rhetoric. Now, of course, you will deny that Trump's "free speech" encourages this behavior.

    You're wrong, we all know you're wrong, you'll deny it and claim people can "think for themselves". Clearly some folks cannot and thus the endless barrage of death threats.

    You lot need to start disavowing this sort of behavior, en masse, like you INSIST liberals/leftists do with Antifa.

    Trump is far more insidious than Antifa could ever be. He is the figurehead of our nation and an avatar of the moral compass of this nation. People will follow what they perceive to be strength. This is well known and documented. Thus, when Trump dehumanizes and reduces people to avatars of ideology, it's easier to disconnect human emotion and view these people as an enemy to be killed/destroyed.

    This sort of dehumanizing rhetoric has found a fertile breeding ground among some groups of the far right that have in essence become death squads hell bent on threatening sitting US congresswomen daily.

    The president and his entire base are culpable in defending this criminal behavior, and yet, here you guys sit, laughing about "the squad" needing additional protection from the criminal, lunatic, insane fringe of the republican party.

    Absolutely ****ing shameful.
    Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Prove it.

    Make sure it's not the Squad's own rhetoric that is generating the death threats, eh?

    Do that. Get numbers. Then we can talk.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  5. #115
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    47,055

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by j brown's body View Post
    Thanks for admitting that there are facts that you "might want". In other words, appealing lies. A rare moment of candor from the right-wing.
    When I say "facts", that's what I mean. I'm never interested in lies.

    btw, what makes you think I speak for the "right-wing"? Do you think I'm that powerful?
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  6. #116
    Infidel Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,383

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The only thing that is true is that when Trump won, many of his opponents could not accept that and acted violently,
    Address the topic, please.

    Spare us the shame of your continued off topic trash replies.
    #BDS

    "Socrates never cried, Jesus never laughed." - Cornel West

  7. #117
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    428

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do I get a government paid personal body guard?
    That depends, have you personally received a credible death threat? That is usually how that works, take the death threat to the police they determine if it is credible then they provide you with a police escort until the threat is handled.

  8. #118
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    215,029

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Address the topic, please.

    Spare us the shame of your continued off topic trash replies.
    That is hilarious given your personal insults directed at me, that had nothing to do with the topic. The fact is, we have left wing loons in office who lie constantly about Trump. My point is it is HYPOCRITICAL for POLITICIANS who want to BAN honest people from owning many types of guns, from wanting to be protected by armed guards bearing the VERY FIREARMS that these politicians want to prevent others from owning.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  9. #119
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    215,029

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by daeler View Post
    That depends, have you personally received a credible death threat? That is usually how that works, take the death threat to the police they determine if it is credible then they provide you with a police escort until the threat is handled.
    that almost never happens. And if the police do nothing and you are killed, your estate has no legal recourse against the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  10. #120
    Infidel Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,383

    Re: The Squad Wants More Security

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Prove it.

    Do that. Get numbers. Then we can talk.
    Removed the off topic garbage and will address this.

    Does Propaganda Incite Violence? | Institute for Advanced Study

    What Is Dehumanization, Anyway? | Psychology Today

    So a historical study as well as a psychological PHD review show explicitly how propaganda and rhetoric encourages violence. I am not going to go back and rehash all the times Trump made comments about punching people, shooting them, etc. Firstly you wouldn't admit it and secondly it's all over the web so anyone can find it.

    Additionally, I will brook absolutely ZERO claims that this doesn't prove what Trump says causes violence. You're wrong and historical data PROVES beyond a shadow of a doubt that propaganda can incite violence.

    Trump, calling people names, removes the human and replaces it with a name. It's fact, that for some people, this is good enough to justify their use of violence. Fact. Irrefutable fact. The only issue here is you or anyone else who supports DJT in accepting facts. This is one of the biggest issues I have with Trump supporters. They outright ignore facts.

    Are the people who decide to act on these impulses primarily to blame? Yes, they are. But, DJT is -also- culpable for giving these feelings fertile ground to proliferate; when you claim you'll pay someone's defense bills, for example.
    #BDS

    "Socrates never cried, Jesus never laughed." - Cornel West

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •