Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 169

Thread: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

  1. #121
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,016

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    I know. They are implicated in thousands of deaths. Right???
    30% of the guns recovered used in violent crimes in California are ghost guns, so yeah, I'd say they have been implicated in thousands of deaths.

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33,722

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    30% of the guns recovered used in violent crimes in California are ghost guns, so yeah, I'd say they have been implicated in thousands of deaths.
    That is total bs

  3. #123
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    214,932

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    30% of the guns recovered used in violent crimes in California are ghost guns, so yeah, I'd say they have been implicated in thousands of deaths.
    Uber Moron Kevin DeLeone is fixated over those things. 30 bullets in HALF A SECOND

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  4. #124
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    214,932

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    30% of the guns recovered used in violent crimes in California are ghost guns, so yeah, I'd say they have been implicated in thousands of deaths.
    here is some more educational material for some of our posters who don't know some of the things we know


    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  5. #125
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    716

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Why will the gop refuse to compromise????
    They did. Dems thumbed their nose at it, and then lost the next election cycle in a landslide. Why would they compromise now?

  6. #126
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,016

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    That is total bs
    California police records show that ghost guns were recovered in homicides, robberies, active shooter incidents, and domestic violence cases. In July 2014, bank robbers in Stockton took three hostages on a high-speed chase with police. The rolling gun battle ended with one hostage and two suspects killed. Police recovered a homemade AK-47 at the scene. A year later, a 21-year-old man shot and killed a 19-year-old woman before killing himself at his home in Walnut Creek. The former Stanford engineering student had assembled pieces purchased online into a working gun.Spokespeople for ATF field divisions in Los Angeles and Sacramento said that approximately 30 percent of all recoveries made by agents are unserialized weapons....

    In several cases reviewed in detail by The Trace and NBC, perpetrators specifically sought out ghost guns because they knew they would fail a background check. In 2013, John Zawahari assembled an unserialized AR-15 after failing a screening at a gun store. He used the weapon to kill five people on a college campus in Santa Monica. Four years later, in 2017, Kevin Neal, a 44-year-old cannabis farmer with a criminal record barring him from gun ownership, went online and purchased the parts to build an AR-15. In a 25-minute shooting spree across Tehama County, he killed five people and injured 18 more.
    Well now, looks like the BS is all over you. You're making this all too easy for me.
    Last edited by Waddy; 07-22-19 at 12:14 AM.

  7. #127
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,016

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    here is some more educational material for some of our posters who don't know some of the things we know
    That's why having an intelligent conversation with them is sooo tedious. They just have no idea what they're talking about. And that's why I really doubt when it they claim to own multiple guns. Usually actual gun owners are better informed and educated on guns.

    A couple of us were talking about Egyptian surplus rifles. The Hakim in particular. I had one supposed gun owner (who favors strict gun control) on another forum and he said he bought an Egyptian Hakim semi auto rifle. I commented that some of those old Hakims are prone to "slam fire". He had no idea what that was. Now, who in hell owns a semiauto rifle and hasn't heard of a slam fire?

  8. #128
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,016

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    here is some more educational material for some of our posters who don't know some of the things we know


    BTW: how many of these "pro gun owning but favoring stricter gun control" posters on this forum knew that Jerry was using an M1 Garand clip on that video? I couldn't tell if the 30 cal bullets were 308 or 30-06.

  9. #129
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    214,932

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    BTW: how many of these "pro gun owning but favoring stricter gun control" posters on this forum knew that Jerry was using an M1 Garand clip on that video? I couldn't tell if the 30 cal bullets were 308 or 30-06.
    appear to be 3006 but hard to tell precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  10. #130
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    214,932

    Re: Connecticut Hand Gun Licensing Success Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    That's why having an intelligent conversation with them is sooo tedious. They just have no idea what they're talking about. And that's why I really doubt when it they claim to own multiple guns. Usually actual gun owners are better informed and educated on guns.

    A couple of us were talking about Egyptian surplus rifles. The Hakim in particular. I had one supposed gun owner (who favors strict gun control) on another forum and he said he bought an Egyptian Hakim semi auto rifle. I commented that some of those old Hakims are prone to "slam fire". He had no idea what that was. Now, who in hell owns a semiauto rifle and hasn't heard of a slam fire?
    never owned a Hakim, and if you used commercial ammo with some primers (rather than the really hard ComBloc rounds) SF is a possibility. I owned an Egyptian Maadi AK which I gave to a friend. Sadly, the storage unit he kept it in was looted by a construction crew hired to renovate it. So my friend gave the cops the serial number-no luck I also had one of those Helwan Copies of the old 51 Beretta Brigadiers (the original 8 shot jobs)-it had a trigger pull of 15 pounds-when I had it I was in the 60X PPC club and I couldn't keep 8 rounds in the 8 ring or better on a standard B27 Target at 25 yards so I sold it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •