Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 309

Thread: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

  1. #21
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    08-18-19 @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    92,845

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I agree.
    Does a mandatory gun safety lesson, provision of certification or go on the school field trip, for elementary school students constitute gun control? I'm not sure everyone is comfortable with a shift in paradigm.

  2. #22
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    12,266

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Jesus ****ing Christ!



    Unbelievable
    It sure is; what freaking moron would leave a loaded gun in a car console?
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    215,248

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Does a mandatory gun safety lesson, provision of certification or go on the school field trip, for elementary school students constitute gun control? I'm not sure everyone is comfortable with a shift in paradigm.
    I have no problem with a school teaching gun safety. Makes sense to me. If we teach kids how to put rubbers on a cucumber we ought to teach them about gun safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  4. #24
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    215,248

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    It sure is; what freaking moron would leave a loaded gun in a car console?
    Many of us do-but I don't have small children in my car. When my son was young-before he learned about gun safety, I didn't. Or if he had friends in the car, I didn't. He's 21 and he's the youngest person who might be in my car
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  5. #25
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    08-18-19 @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    92,845

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have no problem with a school teaching gun safety. Makes sense to me. If we teach kids how to put rubbers on a cucumber we ought to teach them about gun safety.
    We're talking mandatory certification of 6 year olds, and perhaps an additional class at later years. High handed government compulsory education. For everyone in public school. This is big gubmint intruding on private lives for the greater good.

    And you're in?

  6. #26
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    12,266

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by btthegreat View Post
    Not nessisarily. The NRA will probably write an editorial reminding us If we had armed the good guy six year old and given him some shooting lessons so that he could defend himself against the 4 year old thug instead of waiting for the cops to come......
    Actually, the NRA PREACHES gun safety particularly keeping guns out of the reach of children.
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  7. #27
    Educator SkyFox76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Down the street
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    914

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    What a sad thing.

  8. #28
    Sage

    JMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Not over the edge yet
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,969

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    This is an incredible tragedy, and this family will never get over it.

    A six year old's death makes the news because of behaviors that are common place. At best this can serve as a warning to other parents....to not be quite so casual about your very serious obligations when exercising your 2nd amendment rights.

    I cannot imagine why a loaded gun would be kept in the console of a car. But maybe there's a reason. I cannot imagine why a 4 year old was not restrained in a car seat that would not have access to a console with a loaded gun, but maybe there's a reason.

    I hope all parents everywhere examine their actions, and how those might endanger their children.

    I pray for that little girl. This is a true horror.

  9. #29
    Sage

    JMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Not over the edge yet
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,969

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    We're talking mandatory certification of 6 year olds, and perhaps an additional class at later years. High handed government compulsory education. For everyone in public school. This is big gubmint intruding on private lives for the greater good.

    And you're in?

    I choose to opt out of any mandatory gun education that does not include abstinence from gun ownership. Christians can opt out of sex ed, so fair is fair.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Yo mammas
    Last Seen
    08-05-19 @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,452

    Re: 4 yr Old shoots 6 yr Old Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    This is an incredible tragedy, and this family will never get over it.

    A six year old's death makes the news because of behaviors that are common place. At best this can serve as a warning to other parents....to not be quite so casual about your very serious obligations when exercising your 2nd amendment rights.

    I cannot imagine why a loaded gun would be kept in the console of a car. But maybe there's a reason. I cannot imagine why a 4 year old was not restrained in a car seat that would not have access to a console with a loaded gun, but maybe there's a reason.

    I hope all parents everywhere examine their actions, and how those might endanger their children.

    I pray for that little girl. This is a true horror.
    whoops, didn’t mean to quote ya

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •