Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 341

Thread: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

  1. #31
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,410

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I support those ninth amendment rights
    But not the 5th or 14th?

    (due process is covered in a few)
    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    What does 'equality for women' have to do with abortion?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Men gave you the right to be literate, and you fail at that even.
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #32
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    204,565

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    But not the 5th or 14th?

    (due process is covered in a few)
    I support all the constitutional rights. When a fetus approaches viability, there is a conflict
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Another Land
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,696

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yes, and some of us RW Libertarians support gay rights and abortion but for the most part-the anti gay side is rightwing and the anti gun movement is almost 100% leftwing
    True, just saying that those described do exist. There are rational minds on both sides, man I miss the goid old days, even these sites were better for actual discussion and thought, that will never return, so on to what is next. A Storm is coming......

  4. #34
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,410

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I support all the constitutional rights. When a fetus approaches viability, there is a conflict
    No, there's not. SCOTUS has the authority to determine who is equal. They did so for blacks and women. They examined that for the unborn and did not find them equal. If there was an assumed, automatic 'right to life' by the FFs, indicated in the DOI or Constitution, SCOTUS would not have had to examine those things at all.

    (Naturally, their criteria for each decision has been public, so you can see their justifications. Of course I dont automatically assume SCOTUS is always right)
    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    What does 'equality for women' have to do with abortion?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Men gave you the right to be literate, and you fail at that even.
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #35
    Advisor MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    357

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Some of them are highly overt in violating the Constitution. I posted a perfect example in the gun forum yesterday. An Illinois Dem wants to make it so gun buyers have to submit their social media accounts for "review" as part of any purchase.
    That’s outrageous. A psychiatric exam would be preferable to that.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” — Sir Winston Churchill

  6. #36
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I sure don't see much coming from you that suggests you oppose federal interference with your right to keep and bear arms
    I lived in NJ. A big reason I left it state wide gun regulation.

    The fed is not going to take any guns. The state, on the other hand, is a different animal.

    I fully support the 2nd amendment. That's why I left NJ.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  7. #37
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,751

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMan View Post
    Is this reasonable “nut control”, or an infringement on the rights of gun owners?

    Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting
    I support gun-seizure for cases of mental illness. I have faced this very problem with my father who has dementia. I think that shootings can be prevented by removing guns from people who have metal issues that warrant they do not have access to guns. This is one of the few situations where it is necessary to take action before someone does something illegal.
    We are the Democrats. Resistance is Futile.

  8. #38
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    204,565

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by PIPEWRENCH View Post
    I support gun-seizure for cases of mental illness. I have faced this very problem with my father who has dementia. I think that shootings can be prevented by removing guns from people who have metal issues that warrant they do not have access to guns. This is one of the few situations where it is necessary to take action before someone does something illegal.
    as long as there is substantive and procedural due process etc, I might agree with this-along with heavy civil and criminal penalties on those who bear false witness against someone
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  9. #39
    Advisor MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    357

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by PIPEWRENCH View Post
    I support gun-seizure for cases of mental illness. I have faced this very problem with my father who has dementia. I think that shootings can be prevented by removing guns from people who have metal issues that warrant they do not have access to guns. This is one of the few situations where it is necessary to take action before someone does something illegal.
    Thank you, Pipewrench. On retrospect, my vernacular in starting this thread was crude. My apologies.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” — Sir Winston Churchill

  10. #40
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,751

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as long as there is substantive and procedural due process etc, I might agree with this-along with heavy civil and criminal penalties on those who bear false witness against someone
    Absolutely. In my situation my father forgot about the gun. Out of sight out of mind.
    We are the Democrats. Resistance is Futile.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •