Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 341

Thread: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

  1. #201
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    204,553

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    Not any more stupid than "you people" sound when you bring up bump stocks and high capacity magazine clips as something you "need" to protect your house or hunt bunny rabbits. Even justice Scalia has said that the rights afforded by the 2nd Amendment, like any other rights, are not unlimited. Trying to make any regulation on dangerous weapons sound like it's unconstitutional makes it clear you don't even give half a **** about having a serious conversation.
    you gun banners constantly demonstrate your complete lack of understanding as to the DICTA that Scalia penned. There are dozens of regulations that apply to gun USE and that is more than sufficient. You all pretend that unless we support idiocy that prevents honest people from OWNING something-it means we also think there should be no laws against

    1) harming someone with a firearm
    2) discharging a firearm in municipalities
    3) using a firearm in a dangerous or reckless manner
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  2. #202
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and the Democrat party is the party of gun bans and other idiocy-which is the topic of this sub forum
    Hence why I don't vote Dem. They also want to restrict your right to free speech.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  3. #203
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    204,553

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    The constitution does not say you have a right to a machine gun, or a tank, or an APC. The SCOTUS in your own ruling states very clearly the 2nd amendment is not unlimited.



    That's Scalia's majority opinion. Not the dissent, which obviously is full of idiocy.

    So no. You have no constitutional right to own an RPG-7. Nor an APC. Nor an M60. A handgun is a regular, common use and common carry item, like a shotgun, or a semi auto rifle.
    so are MP-5s and M4 select fire carbines. If civilian police have it for use in our cities and on our city streets-by definition, those firearms are neither "unusually dangerous" and are useful for self defense by civilians
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  4. #204
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so are MP-5s and M4 select fire carbines. If civilian police have it for use in our cities and on our city streets-by definition, those firearms are neither "unusually dangerous" and are useful for self defense by civilians
    I disagree. Those weapons are too expensive for many folks, meaning they are not common use. The cops have them because they have the full might of the tax payer funding them. Moreover, I don't even agree with them having them.

    I'd also say a fully automatic firearm is unusually dangerous.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  5. #205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,595

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    Not any more stupid than "you people" sound when you bring up bump stocks and high capacity magazine clips as something you "need" to protect your house or hunt bunny rabbits. Even justice Scalia has said that the rights afforded by the 2nd Amendment, like any other rights, are not unlimited. Trying to make any regulation on dangerous weapons sound like it's unconstitutional makes it clear you don't even give half a **** about having a serious conversation.
    Did Scalia mention any limits on the power of the government to regulate dangerous weapons?

    What weapons aren't dangerous?
    Individuals can not be reasoned out of beliefs they were not reasoned into.

  6. #206
    Professor RaleBulgarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMan View Post
    Nothing. If someone says something to me, I will reply if I want to.
    And apparently in any incoherent manner you choose.

  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,595

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    I disagree. Those weapons are too expensive for many folks, meaning they are not common use. The cops have them because they have the full might of the tax payer funding them. Moreover, I don't even agree with them having them.

    I'd also say a fully automatic firearm is unusually dangerous.
    They weren't expensive prior to the Hughes Amendment.
    Individuals can not be reasoned out of beliefs they were not reasoned into.

  8. #208
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    97,769

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Geez dude, the constituents in some states don't want people owning M60 machine guns.
    Our civil rights aren't subject to a referendum. That why The Constitution exists: to protect us from mob rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.
    It's more important to be morally right than factually correct - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

  9. #209
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    204,553

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    I disagree. Those weapons are too expensive for many folks, meaning they are not common use. The cops have them because they have the full might of the tax payer funding them. Moreover, I don't even agree with them having them.

    I'd also say a fully automatic firearm is unusually dangerous.
    they are only too expensive because the Dems implemented the Hughes Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

  10. #210
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucker61 View Post
    Did Scalia mention any limits on the power of the government to regulate dangerous weapons?

    What weapons aren't dangerous?
    Unusually dangerous weapons. Of course that's up to interpretation, but an RPG-7 is not common use, it is unusually dangerous. As are, in my opinion, fully automatic weapons.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •