Page 70 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1278

Thread: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free [W:1235:1274]*****************

  1. #691
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
    Bull**** and weak response. Name them, not that you can. This just makes it more than obvious that you have done nothing more than make a stupid claim and then blame the gun control crowd for it.
    Look up Cenk Uygur of The Young Turds, err Turks.

  2. #692
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    new zealand.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,243

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Look up Cenk Uygur of The Young Turds, err Turks.
    All i see is someone talking gun control. So what? Find me where he says guns cause crime.

  3. #693
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by soylentgreen View Post
    Seeing as it s not my claim or even something i would argue for then, no, i decline to give any oxygen to your idiotic argument.
    So you don't believe in banning guns. Alright, you live in New Zealand. I take it you're satisfied with the gun laws there.

  4. #694
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    98,209

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Are you talking about currently available resources or resources that might be available in the future? To this date the furthest we've sent man into space is to the moon and even that is debated as there are people who claim the moon landing is fake but since this debate is not about whether or not the moon landing was legit I am not going to get into that. Anyway, Uranus is 9.2 AUs from the
    Sun. (AU stands for Astronomical Unit which is the distance from the Earth to the Sun.) So, even when Uranus is closest to Earth due to the orbit of the two planets you are looking at a distance of 8.2 AUs. It takes light from the Sun approx. 8 minutes to reach Earth so even if we were to go at light speed it would take us about an hour and five minutes to get to Uranus if you do the math. Since we have not produced any spacecraft that go anywhere near light speed with our current technology it would take much longer. You said I could use any resources so I will use the resources of the entire Earth's economy and build a spacecraft that can go the distance from Earth to Uranus and that can transport people and that can provide all the necessities for people to live for the days or weeks or months it would take to get there and back. Also, the spacecraft would be engineered to be able to go under the surface of Uranus. I would then fly you, or whoever Im trying to prove it to, to Uranus and fly below the surface and observe and if indeed there aren't the monkeys you speak of than that would prove that they're not there. So there you have it.
    You have the entire evening and may use any resources you can obtain.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #695
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have the entire evening and may use any resources you can obtain.
    Any resources I can obtain? In that case I cannot prove that to you since I don't have the resources to get to Uranus.

    But the fact of the matter is, I don't care to prove or disprove whether or not there are those monkeys you describe on Uranus. If you want to believe in them that's your choice.

  6. #696
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    98,209

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Any resources I can obtain? In that case I cannot prove that to you since I don't have the resources to get to Uranus.

    But the fact of the matter is, I don't care to prove or disprove whether or not there are those monkeys you describe on Uranus. If you want to believe in them that's your choice.
    I never claimed to believe in them. And you are intentionally missing the point.... which is .... can you prove that natural rights exist?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #697
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,978

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    on the great scheme of things- the government doesn't have the time or the resources to even enforce violations of the current background check now. less than one tenth of one percent of felons who lie on form 4473 have been prosecuted for what is almost a strict liability felony (claiming under oath you aren't a felon when you are). so the main purpose of liberals pushing Universal background checks is to hassle people who follow even stupid laws-rather than trying to actually enforce laws against criminals. Its also to create a demand among the low wattage voters who WANT SOMETHING DONE, to demand registration because anyone who understands this issue, understands that you cannot enforce a private sale BGC law without complete registration of all legally owned guns currently
    I am about to sell a car. I or the guy who buys it may have to pay sales tax. We could cheat on the price, much like someone could cheat on any gun sale requirement. Big deal. By your logic we should not regulate anything, because people will cheat. I disagree, and in fact have no problem with guns being registered. Get all the guns you want from dealers who have to record the sale and do checks. Price of doing business. Ainít gonna happen. As noted earlier, many French eat snails, many American eat guns. I donít understand either practice.

  8. #698
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,978

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Are you afraid your eccentric neighbor is going to shoot you?
    Not just me, many others.

  9. #699
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I never claimed to believe in them. And you are intentionally missing the point.... which is .... can you prove that natural rights exist?
    Concerning natural rights, no I can't prove they exist. Believing natural rights exist or don't exist is exactly that, a belief. And beliefs can't be proven. Our forefathers did believe in natural rights and that's what they based the BOR on and I am loyal to their decisions.

  10. #700
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    189,323

    Re: If gun control worked Mexico would be crime free

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    I am about to sell a car. I or the guy who buys it may have to pay sales tax. We could cheat on the price, much like someone could cheat on any gun sale requirement. Big deal. By your logic we should not regulate anything, because people will cheat. I disagree, and in fact have no problem with guns being registered. Get all the guns you want from dealers who have to record the sale and do checks. Price of doing business. Ain’t gonna happen. As noted earlier, many French eat snails, many American eat guns. I don’t understand either practice.
    I oppose stupid laws that are almost guaranteed not to apply to people causing problems. The people who push this crap (as opposed to the low wattage sheeple who support it without spending much time thinking about it) don't even believe it will do squat about criminals/ They want to pander to the slow witted sheeple and harass honest citizens whose voting patterns vex anti gun liberals
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •