Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 843

Thread: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22:654]***

  1. #471
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,095

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its unconstitutional and the most desired law for every gun banning group. anyone who owns guns who supports registration is either an idiot or wants most guns banned

    it has no useful purpose and does nothing to help gun owners
    It is not unconstitutional and you are simply lying about what registration means

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,095

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I'm not anti gun. Stop lying.
    If you support any gun control at all he will claim you are an anti gun banner who is afraid of guns. It is insulting, a lie and an attempt to bully you into silence

  3. #473
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that you cannot enforce a law banning private sales conducted without a background check unless you have registration of all firearms.
    Well that's just simply not a fact. I would say that it's a fact that you could enforce it much better with registration. But you could still enforce it without.

  4. #474
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    232,094

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    It is not unconstitutional and you are simply lying about what registration means
    it is unconstitutional and its designed to allow gun banners to round up guns that have been declared illegal. There is no evidence that registration has been successful in any part of the USA when it has been applied to guns people already owned. and the compliance rate is less than 20% in the cases that have been studied.

    Tell us why you claim I am a gun banner when you want to ban all felons from owning guns and you want registration as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  5. #475
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,095

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it is unconstitutional and its designed to allow gun banners to round up guns that have been declared illegal. There is no evidence that registration has been successful in any part of the USA when it has been applied to guns people already owned. and the compliance rate is less than 20% in the cases that have been studied.

    Tell us why you claim I am a gun banner when you want to ban all felons from owning guns and you want registration as well?
    I am as much of a gun banner as you. So you admit you are a gun banner now?

  6. #476
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    232,094

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Well that's just simply not a fact. I would say that it's a fact that you could enforce it much better with registration. But you could still enforce it without.
    Yeah I suppose you could set up some stings to bust people for violating a stupid law but its still almost impossible.

    the UBGC was pushed for two reasons

    1) so politicians can pander to the shriekers who want something done even the UBGCs wouldn't have stopped most, if any, of the widely publicized massacres that the gun banners use to push their agenda

    We know for a fact it would not have stopped SandyHook, or Loughner, or the San Bernardino shootings, nor racist who gunned down the Black Christians, nor Virginia Tech or Fort Hood etc. IN fact, can you name one of the biggest ten mass shootings where a UBGC would have stopped the shootings?

    2) the second reason is that when it fails, its advocates can scream for registration or banning private sales
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  7. #477
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Seen
    04-08-19 @ 12:41 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    12,046

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Well that's just simply not a fact. I would say that it's a fact that you could enforce it much better with registration. But you could still enforce it without.
    Please explain how. 55 Colorado sheriffs and the Department of Justice would be interested in your findings.
    Individuals can not be reasoned out of beliefs they were not reasoned into.

  8. #478
    MSG Benavides TAB
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    70,563

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    US Police Chiefs Want Gun Background Checks | Al Jazeera America

    And I can find many that think UBGC would work. Again, for the third time, if they simply disagree, then it's not dishonesty. You can keep twisting all you want. It doesn't change the very obvious and simple answer.
    I know you favor Universal background checks. Do you also favor a gun registry? Do you have any concern that currently, background checks are tracked? Do you trust the government to NOT keep records and databases they arent supposed to keep?

    See...I'm OK if you both want Universal Background Checks AND want a gun registry. Then we just disagree. But the reality is, our government has very clearly demonstrated...laws really dont pertain to them when it comes to keeping information on its citizens. Im not sure how any reasoned person can or should trust the government at this point.

  9. #479
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yeah I suppose you could set up some stings to bust people for violating a stupid law but its still almost impossible.
    Great, we agree it's not impossible. Thanks for admitting you were wrong.

  10. #480
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    232,094

    Re: The new Charade: ITS GUN SAFETY not GUN BANS[W:22]

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Great, we agree it's not impossible. Thanks for admitting you were wrong.
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •