Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 127 of 127

Thread: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

  1. #121
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38

    Re: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Civility is a must. If you want me to continue discussing, stop being condescending.
    It's a simple question. I think a lot of people clean the restrooms I use, the hotels I stay in etc. It may not sound like a great job to you but some may enjoy that career. I am one that am glad they do. They are trying to help themselves and us. Do I think most can afford Healthcare and Retirement NO. Should they have it YES. Not being condescending. Do you think they should have it and how can the afford it?

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    11-15-19 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,526

    Re: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Who View Post
    It's a simple question. I think a lot of people clean the restrooms I use, the hotels I stay in etc. It may not sound like a great job to you but some may enjoy that career. I am one that am glad they do. They are trying to help themselves and us. Do I think most can afford Healthcare and Retirement NO. Should they have it YES. Not being condescending. Do you think they should have it and how can the afford it?
    I think healthcare and retirement are an individuals responsibility to provide, not societies. Cleaning bathrooms is irrelevant.

  3. #123
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Seen
    11-01-19 @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    540

    Re: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I think healthcare and retirement are an individuals responsibility to provide, not societies. Cleaning bathrooms is irrelevant.
    so these people who work at min. wage , some working two jobs just to survive should take some of the money they need to live on and buy health insurance ( remember health ins. is not cheap )
    or just not buy it and either die or go to the emergency room and run the cost of healthcare up or go into debt for possibly years or the rest of their lives
    have a nice day

  4. #124
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38

    Re: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I think healthcare and retirement are an individuals responsibility to provide, not societies. Cleaning bathrooms is irrelevant.
    Do you think we should eliminate all financial aid for Healthcare? This includes turning away those at a Hospital who do not have cash, can not or did not purchase insurance or have missed a payment so insurance dropped them. We all pay for that now.

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    11-15-19 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,526

    Re: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbird19482 View Post
    so these people who work at min. wage , some working two jobs just to survive should take some of the money they need to live on and buy health insurance ( remember health ins. is not cheap )
    or just not buy it and either die or go to the emergency room and run the cost of healthcare up or go into debt for possibly years or the rest of their lives
    have a nice day
    I think its not societies responsibility. You are free to tell them what to do or help them if you want. You just shouldnt make society do it without consent.

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    11-15-19 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    17,526

    Re: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Who View Post
    Do you think we should eliminate all financial aid for Healthcare? This includes turning away those at a Hospital who do not have cash, can not or did not purchase insurance or have missed a payment so insurance dropped them. We all pay for that now.
    I think we should eliminate all FEDERAL tax dollars going to individual healthcare expenses, to start.

  7. #127
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38

    Re: Can we pay for healthcare and SS with sales tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    I think its not societies responsibility. You are free to tell them what to do or help them if you want. You just shouldnt make society do it without consent.
    Good morning, got busy. If someone is employed and society does not require employers to provide Healthcare or Retirement then we must. If this does not happen then we will be all that's left. No police, no firemen, no military and no bathroom cleaners etc. They will get sick and die.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •