Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

  1. #11
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,169

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Your boys actions are pushing us towards recession and still you cheer for him.

    So you clearly don't give two ****s about those millions who will he hurt.
    First sentence is bull****. Come to think of it - so is the second.
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  2. #12
    Sage
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,079

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    LOL that the best you can do? You cheer for a failing economy because it will hurt Trump and don't give a **** about how badly it will hurt millions of you fellow Americans?
    I am not rooting for a recession, but if you ask many economists, they say the economy is overheated and a recession would actually be cathartic. Instead trump is putting pressure on the fed to lower interest rates to negative. The longer trump tries to delay the inevitable recession, the worse it will get.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  3. #13
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,169

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I am not rooting for a recession, but if you ask many economists, they say the economy is overheated and a recession would actually be cathartic. Instead trump is putting pressure on the fed to lower interest rates to negative. The longer trump tries to delay the inevitable recession, the worse it will get.
    And if you ask other economies they're tell you that 2.5-3.0% GDP growth hardly qualifies as "overheated".
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    10-16-19 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,965

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    And if you ask other economies they're tell you that 2.5-3.0% GDP growth hardly qualifies as "overheated".
    I though 2.5% was the greatest economy in history! Maybe of the world! Do you doubt the word of the Chosen One on this?

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,281

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    I though 2.5% was the greatest economy in history! Maybe of the world! Do you doubt the word of the Chosen One on this?
    I doubt the word of BOTH those who say we are experiencing the greatest economy in history as well as those who say we are on the cusp on a recession.

  6. #16
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,169

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    I though 2.5% was the greatest economy in history! Maybe of the world! Do you doubt the word of the Chosen One on this?
    Well, there you go again; working without tools. "Great" and "overheated" are not synonymous.
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    10-16-19 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,965

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Well, there you go again; working without tools. "Great" and "overheated" are not synonymous.
    Oh, so 2.5% increase in GDP is means this is a great economy. Greatest in history. Just like it was under Obama. Funny that under Obama, you never noticed how good it was.

  8. #18
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,169

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    Oh, so 2.5% increase in GDP is means this is a great economy. Greatest in history. Just like it was under Obama. Funny that under Obama, you never noticed how good it was.
    Under Obama it averaged less 2%. Unemployment was higher and few job openings were created. I noticed exactly how "good" Obama's economy was: piss-poor.
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    10-16-19 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,965

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    I doubt the word of BOTH those who say we are experiencing the greatest economy in history as well as those who say we are on the cusp on a recession.
    So far the economy has been strong enough to withstand Trump's shenanigans, which is pretty impressive. He has less than 2 years now to really screw it up.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    10-16-19 @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,965

    Re: Stock market’s eerie parallels to September 2007 should raise recession fears

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Under Obama it averaged less 2%. Unemployment was higher and few job openings were created. I noticed exactly how "good" Obama's economy was: piss-poor.
    If there is anything I can rely on it's the right wing's memory deficit. Obama took over after the worst economic disaster since the great depression. Because of that the GDP growth in 2009 was -2.5%. 2009 GDP Statistics: Growth and Updates by Quarter
    The following year the GDP grew 2.5%. United States (USA) GDP - Gross Domestic Product 2010 | countryeconomy.com. That's a 5 point improvement over what he inherited.

    Trump claims that his economy is the greatest that's ever been, but he forgets that Clinton's economy grew at 5% or more for 5 of his 8 years.• U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2018 | Statista

    ETA: Just re-read this post. The Clinton economy grew at 4% or more in 5 of 8 years. Sorry for the typo.
    Last edited by bearpoker; 09-21-19 at 08:24 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •