Page 27 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1243

Thread: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

  1. #261
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,912

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by bradt99 View Post
    Bush ran up deficits year after year and you all did **** about it!!! The dumb hick almost destroyed our economy.
    Sorry, not true. From 2003 when he got his tax bills through and a GOP controlled Congress until 2007 when the Dems took both houses, he dropped the deficit from over $500 billion to $160 billion. Then the Dems took over in 2007 and the Great Recession began.
    Peace is not the absence of war
    Peace is the absence of the threat of war

  2. #262
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Sorry, not true. From 2003 when he got his tax bills through and a GOP controlled Congress until 2007 when the Dems took both houses, he dropped the deficit from over $500 billion to $160 billion. Then the Dems took over in 2007 and the Great Recession began.
    Rewriting history I see. We still would've had our surplus if Gore was elected and maybe 9/11 never would've happened and we never would've been in Iraq. I can't believe some conservatives are still defending GW Bush. Heck most republican candidates don't want Bush around them campaigning for them. Trump doesn't even like GW Bush. Your former president is now just a horrible art painter who will go in history as the dumbest president alive.

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,336

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    What further "rebuttal" can I offer other than "look at your own damned chart"? 2016 -OBAMA'S LAST YEAR - is the lowest number, 2017 and 2018 show increases. The stock market shows more than 40% growth since trump was elected. following a two year period under Obama where it gained a total of about 1000 points. Unemployment was 4.6% when Obama left, it's almost a percentage point lower; and at record lows for "people of color". Labor force participation is up. We have almost 500,000 new manufacturing jobs.

    If any President other than Trump had turned in such a quality performance on the economy you'd be creaming your jeans in delight.
    Yes.. look at the chart and you can obviously see that the economy is basically on the same trend as it was before Trump went into the white house. Its plain as day unless.. like yourself you ignore everything but what you want to see.

    And since I am a Conservative.. and don't think the government is the be all end all of controlling the economy.. and especially the president... well no.. I would not "be creaming my jeans in delight".

    As far as I am concerned.. its folks like myself.. who own businesses who are in large part what gets the economy going... Its folks like me that take the risk to expand and go into new areas or hire new employees that build the economy. Not the government. And not trump nor Obama. Nor any president.

    But.. I guess if you are a right wing liberal.. well then its not surprising you think Trump is the reason for the economy. Instead of hardworking americans. According to you " the government built that.. not you"...

  4. #264
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,912

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Yes.. look at the chart and you can obviously see that the economy is basically on the same trend as it was before Trump went into the white house. Its plain as day unless.. like yourself you ignore everything but what you want to see.

    And since I am a Conservative.. and don't think the government is the be all end all of controlling the economy.. and especially the president... well no.. I would not "be creaming my jeans in delight".

    As far as I am concerned.. its folks like myself.. who own businesses who are in large part what gets the economy going... Its folks like me that take the risk to expand and go into new areas or hire new employees that build the economy. Not the government. And not trump nor Obama. Nor any president.

    But.. I guess if you are a right wing liberal.. well then its not surprising you think Trump is the reason for the economy. Instead of hardworking americans. According to you " the government built that.. not you"...
    Ok, I give up. You're still not seeing what the chart actually shows, and continue to reiterate the same misconceptions.
    Peace is not the absence of war
    Peace is the absence of the threat of war

  5. #265
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,912

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by bradt99 View Post
    Rewriting history I see. We still would've had our surplus if Gore was elected and maybe 9/11 never would've happened and we never would've been in Iraq. I can't believe some conservatives are still defending GW Bush. Heck most republican candidates don't want Bush around them campaigning for them. Trump doesn't even like GW Bush. Your former president is now just a horrible art painter who will go in history as the dumbest president alive.
    LOL, you accuse me of rewriting history and the spew that fantasy about "if Gore had been elected . . ." "most republican candidates"? You mean all one of them? The data I cited "defends" GWB.
    Peace is not the absence of war
    Peace is the absence of the threat of war

  6. #266
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    LOL, you accuse me of rewriting history and the spew that fantasy about "if Gore had been elected . . ." "most republican candidates"? You mean all one of them? The data I cited "defends" GWB.
    Hell yes, I stand by if Gore were elected, we would've been better off. I mean every dem president that I've seen in office, the deficit declines. By the way, the tea party is nothing, but a damn joke.

  7. #267
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,912

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by bradt99 View Post
    Hell yes, I stand by if Gore were elected, we would've been better off. I mean every dem president that I've seen in office, the deficit declines. By the way, the tea party is nothing, but a damn joke.
    Yep, right after GOP took control of the House (and frequently the Senate).
    Peace is not the absence of war
    Peace is the absence of the threat of war

  8. #268
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL—16
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    44,888

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Yes.. look at the chart and you can obviously see that the economy is basically on the same trend as it was before Trump went into the white house. Its plain as day unless.. like yourself you ignore everything but what you want to see.

    And since I am a Conservative.. and don't think the government is the be all end all of controlling the economy.. and especially the president... well no.. I would not "be creaming my jeans in delight".

    As far as I am concerned.. its folks like myself.. who own businesses who are in large part what gets the economy going... Its folks like me that take the risk to expand and go into new areas or hire new employees that build the economy. Not the government. And not trump nor Obama. Nor any president.

    But.. I guess if you are a right wing liberal.. well then its not surprising you think Trump is the reason for the economy. Instead of hardworking americans. According to you " the government built that.. not you"...
    Right wing liberal I like that. I prefer the progress—ive conservatism of Teddy Roosevelt, one of the Great Faces. His Bullmoose Party proved he should have never stepped aside for Taft 4 years earlier.
    Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  9. #269
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL—16
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    44,888

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by bradt99 View Post
    Hell yes, I stand by if Gore were elected, we would've been better off. I mean every dem president that I've seen in office, the deficit declines. By the way, the tea party is nothing, but a damn joke.
    The TEAt party you’re dismissing is led by Trump, a decade after its spawning by FOX.
    Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,336

    Re: Budget deficit smashes $1 trillion mark, the highest in seven years

    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Right wing liberal I like that. I prefer the progress—ive conservatism of Teddy Roosevelt, one of the Great Faces. His Bullmoose Party proved he should have never stepped aside for Taft 4 years earlier.
    Teddy was a true conservative.

    Most of the so called conservatives.. are actually right wing liberals.

    They like big government as long as its telling people who they can marry,, what medical decisions they can make, what they can imbibe, and its running a deficit for things they like.

Page 27 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •