Page 82 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1016

Thread: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

  1. #811
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,315

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    No. Housing and mental health don't have to do with taxes.
    Only with the Richest getting richer at the expense of the Poor?

  2. #812
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,482

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbird19482 View Post
    Practical Zero?
    3.8% is only 1 % lower then when Obama left office and NOT " Practical Zero "
    So how is Trump doing such a great job?
    Obama took over and it was still going up and stopped at just over 10% in the fall of 2009 and it was 4.8% when he left office and was still dropping.
    it went down Over 5% under Obama
    Trump down 1%
    Obama down over 5%
    something to think about
    Have a nice evening
    yes .zero. Who cares about who is President?
    TDS: Turning liberals into unhinged lunatics since 2016

  3. #813
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    35,181

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    No. Housing and mental health don't have to do with taxes.
    Right but it does have to do with the lack of tax money. There are ways to improve housing and care of mental patients if you have the money to do it.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  4. #814
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,936

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Only with the Richest getting richer at the expense of the Poor?
    PRetty much that's always been the case. Rich people make the things and services that poor people buy and use. There isn't a lot of poor people with medical degrees providing psychiatric care and there isn't a lot of poor people that are buying land and building low income housing.

  5. #815
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,936

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Right but it does have to do with the lack of tax money. There are ways to improve housing and care of mental patients if you have the money to do it.
    We already have the money to do it. We don't have to increase taxes to do it. Hell.. aren't you liberals always screaming that deficits don't matter anyway?

    Hell.. if we diverted the money we spend on incarcerating a good portion of our population.. and instead used that money to expand mental health services, addiction treatment and provide low rent housing.. we would save a crap load of money and the economy would be better, crime would be lower and healthcare cheaper.

    We don't need extra money.. we need a will to do what needs to get done. But.. hey as long as we are focused on thinking that "taxing the rich more"... is going to magically make peoples lives better... well.. we will doomed for failure.

  6. #816
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,315

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    PRetty much that's always been the case. Rich people make the things and services that poor people buy and use. There isn't a lot of poor people with medical degrees providing psychiatric care and there isn't a lot of poor people that are buying land and building low income housing.
    Why is there no actual right to work even in alleged Right to Work States?

  7. #817
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    35,181

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    We already have the money to do it. We don't have to increase taxes to do it. Hell.. aren't you liberals always screaming that deficits don't matter anyway?

    Hell.. if we diverted the money we spend on incarcerating a good portion of our population.. and instead used that money to expand mental health services, addiction treatment and provide low rent housing.. we would save a crap load of money and the economy would be better, crime would be lower and healthcare cheaper.

    We don't need extra money.. we need a will to do what needs to get done. But.. hey as long as we are focused on thinking that "taxing the rich more"... is going to magically make peoples lives better... well.. we will doomed for failure.
    You don't need to convince me that private prisons are a bane on our society. Profiting off of incarceration of our citizens is beyond repugnant. I want to tax the rich more so they will share their profits with their employees instead of socking it all away in hedge funds. The worst thing we have done since WWII is cutting the top rates so low. It created a culture of greed that poisons everything it touches.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  8. #818
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    222,834

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You don't need to convince me that private prisons are a bane on our society. Profiting off of incarceration of our citizens is beyond repugnant. I want to tax the rich more so they will share their profits with their employees instead of socking it all away in hedge funds. The worst thing we have done since WWII is cutting the top rates so low. It created a culture of greed that poisons everything it touches.
    seems like the left is a repository of the culture of greed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  9. #819
    Professor
    Individual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Why is there no actual right to work even in alleged Right to Work States?
    The right to work actually exists, perhaps government should create a law forcing individuals to exercise that right?

  10. #820
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,315

    Re: a new U.S. wealth tax - only on the ultra-wealthy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Individual View Post
    The right to work actually exists, perhaps government should create a law forcing individuals to exercise that right?
    In right to work States? Can labor simply apply for a job and proclaim, I have a Right to Work!

Page 82 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •