Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 238

Thread: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    113,903

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    I wonder if she still wears glass slippers because her daddy called her Cinderella.
    I have no idea - not do I care. All I care about is her ability to beat Trump in 2020.

    And it seems that what you care about also and what has you so afraid of her that you must say things like this to demean her.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16,111

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnfrmClevelan View Post
    No, my argument is that the government can't run out of money because money is not a limited resource. Where do you think dollars come from, anyway?

    People that claim SS is "running out of money" are talking about the fact that SS taxes aren't keeping up with SS payments. It's as if you budgeted $100/month for electricity, and the bill was $120/month. Your electricity budget would "run out" of budgeted money before the year was up. That doesn't mean you couldn't still pay the bill if you chose to do so.
    First you claim social security may be in trouble because taxes are lagging and next you claim the government cannot possibly run out of money for social security. If the government cannot run out of money for its expenses then why do we pay taxes at all? Why doesn't our government do better than the government of Kuwait and just make everybody filthy rich so nobody has to work again and nobody has to give money to the government in taxes? Why don't we tell the government to print its own money and keep its greedy hands off ours?

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16,111

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I get that the right wing fears her.
    Shakin in our snakeskin cowboy boots we are. I imagine the left also thinks Trump is running scared from Pocahontas, but I don't believe it.
    I imagine Trump wants to question Pocahontas in open debate not manipulated by leftists news donkeys like they handled Hillary's scripted interviews.

  4. #54
    Sage
    JohnfrmClevelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,935

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    First you claim social security may be in trouble because taxes are lagging and next you claim the government cannot possibly run out of money for social security.
    SS is not the government, it is merely a government program that operates within legal boundaries. Can you seriously not see that distinction?

    The government is perfectly capable of changing those legal boundaries, and suddenly SS is not "broke" at all. The government can create whatever money it needs to pay for SS or any other obligation.

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    If the government cannot run out of money for its expenses then why do we pay taxes at all?
    Now you're getting into economic questions that I don't think you would understand without me working way harder than I want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why doesn't our government do better than the government of Kuwait and just make everybody filthy rich so nobody has to work again and nobody has to give money to the government in taxes? Let the government print its own money and keep its greedy hands off ours.
    Again - I really think the answers to these questions would go right over your head.
    ___________________________________________

    Enchanted Necromancer Brings Life Back To Once-Dead Argument

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    16,111

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea - not do I care. All I care about is her ability to beat Trump in 2020.

    And it seems that what you care about also and what has you so afraid of her that you must say things like this to demean her.
    I admit it is hard not to mock the all white privileged prevaricator claiming to be American Indian.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    113,903

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Shakin in our snakeskin cowboy boots we are.
    Yes, you are. Which is why you attack her.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #57
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    09-13-19 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    887

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnfrmClevelan View Post
    Yeah, money is a limited resource to you and me, because we don't create our own currency. Money is not something that the U.S. government has to collect in order to spend. Where do you think dollars come from, anyway?

    Did Zimbabwe "run out" of their money? Apparently not.



    Governments don't "earn" money. They also can't "save" in their own currencies. Governments create their own money. If they so choose, they can tax some or all of it back. But that is a choice, not a necessity.

    The U.S. does not borrow other currencies, either. We operate in dollars, because we create all the dollars (via bonds and the central bank) that we need.



    No, they don't "print money" to pay their obligations. They issue bonds to pay their obligations. It's the central bank that "prints money." And neither operation causes inflation.
    If you print too much money, yes it will cause inflation.
    Why doesn’t the government print enough money to pay off the 22 trillion debt?

  8. #58
    Sage
    JohnfrmClevelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,935

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    If you print too much money, yes it will cause inflation.
    Why doesnít the government print enough money to pay off the 22 trillion debt?
    Bond = U.S. govt. liability

    Dollar/reserve = U.S. govt. liability

    What do you think "paying off the debt" looks like in reality?
    ___________________________________________

    Enchanted Necromancer Brings Life Back To Once-Dead Argument

  9. #59
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-09-19 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,802

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    I don't care if leftists want to believe Trump is not rolling back bad regulations. However, they do damage to this nation by lying about it, even though it serves the purpose of dishonestly promoting the democrat party.
    So you admit you lied about Obama.

    Well done!

  10. #60
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-09-19 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,802

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    LOL
    All presidents prior to 1913 did not present their taxes. The 16th amendment was ratified permanently legalizing an income tax.
    Lincoln did briefly impose a tax to pay for the war and their was brief taxation in 1890ís.
    So we can safely say prior to Wilson no president provided their income taxes. Dah.

    The voluntary practice of providing income tax records was started by Richard Nixon.

    Can someone help this guy get on the internet?
    FDR and Truman did. You said none did. 1913 is quite irrelevant to your asinine claim.

    IOW, you just trumpeted your own ignorance and are quite pleased with having done so.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •