Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 210

Thread: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

  1. #41
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,827

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    I wonder if she still wears glass slippers because her daddy called her Cinderella.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Warren supported her claim of family lore.

  2. #42
    Sage
    JohnfrmClevelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,792

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Your argument is the government cannot run out of money because it never has before? Did I not hear democrat and republican leaders claim that social security is running out of money? Are those people stupid or are you just smarter than they are?
    No, my argument is that the government can't run out of money because money is not a limited resource. Where do you think dollars come from, anyway?

    People that claim SS is "running out of money" are talking about the fact that SS taxes aren't keeping up with SS payments. It's as if you budgeted $100/month for electricity, and the bill was $120/month. Your electricity budget would "run out" of budgeted money before the year was up. That doesn't mean you couldn't still pay the bill if you chose to do so.
    ___________________________________________

    Enchanted Necromancer Brings Life Back To Once-Dead Argument

  3. #43
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    830

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnfrmClevelan View Post
    OK. In simple terms, you are completely wrong.

    Do I really have to explain this again? Will it do any good?

    When has a government EVER run out of money?
    Italy, their bad debt is 20% of loans.
    Greece which owes billions to banks and other countries they can’t pay back.
    US debt is over 22 trillion which is bigger than gross domestic product. Interest on our debt is 393.5 billion. China holds 1.11 trillion of our debt.
    Marke is right. When other countries stop loaning us money or we don’t have the ability to pay the interest or the loans, we are in trouble.

  4. #44
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    830

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnfrmClevelan View Post
    No, my argument is that the government can't run out of money because money is not a limited resource. Where do you think dollars come from, anyway?

    People that claim SS is "running out of money" are talking about the fact that SS taxes aren't keeping up with SS payments. It's as if you budgeted $100/month for electricity, and the bill was $120/month. Your electricity budget would "run out" of budgeted money before the year was up. That doesn't mean you couldn't still pay the bill if you chose to do so.

    What?
    Money is a limited resource. If you earn $500 a week but your expenses are 1000 a week, no have no more money. You have two choices, get a loan or don’t spend more than you have.
    The US spends more than it earns. Since they don’t like to save, they secure loans from other countries or they sell bonds, etc.
    They don’t print money at will to pay their debt, this causes inflation.

  5. #45
    Sage
    JohnfrmClevelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,792

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    Italy, their bad debt is 20% of loans.
    Greece which owes billions to banks and other countries they canít pay back.
    Greece and Italy stupidly ceded their monetary sovereignty. The euro is designed so that countries have to borrow from the ECB. That's not the case with the U.S., U.K., Canada, Japan, Australia, etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    US debt is over 22 trillion which is bigger than gross domestic product. Interest on our debt is 393.5 billion. China holds 1.11 trillion of our debt.
    Explain why any of that matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    Marke is right. When other countries stop loaning us money or we donít have the ability to pay the interest or the loans, we are in trouble.
    Wrong again.



    People and countries buying U.S. bonds is not the same thing as the U.S. borrowing money.
    ___________________________________________

    Enchanted Necromancer Brings Life Back To Once-Dead Argument

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,029

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    Obama had no such regulations.

    If you're simply going to lie, try and lie better.
    I don't care if leftists want to believe Trump is not rolling back bad regulations. However, they do damage to this nation by lying about it, even though it serves the purpose of dishonestly promoting the democrat party.

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,029

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    I wonder if she still wears glass slippers because her daddy called her Cinderella.
    I wonder if Cinderfella Warren was originally born a man. Do native Americans believe in gender identity sex change operations for children?

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-20-19 @ 07:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    112,839

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    She is definitely a smooth-lipped fast talker who covers her lying with much energetic rhetoric.
    I get that the right wing fears her.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #49
    Sage
    JohnfrmClevelan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,792

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    What?
    Money is a limited resource. If you earn $500 a week but your expenses are 1000 a week, no have no more money. You have two choices, get a loan or donít spend more than you have.
    Yeah, money is a limited resource to you and me, because we don't create our own currency. Money is not something that the U.S. government has to collect in order to spend. Where do you think dollars come from, anyway?

    Did Zimbabwe "run out" of their money? Apparently not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    The US spends more than it earns. Since they donít like to save, they secure loans from other countries or they sell bonds, etc.
    Governments don't "earn" money. They also can't "save" in their own currencies. Governments create their own money. If they so choose, they can tax some or all of it back. But that is a choice, not a necessity.

    The U.S. does not borrow other currencies, either. We operate in dollars, because we create all the dollars (via bonds and the central bank) that we need.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlook View Post
    They donít print money at will to pay their debt, this causes inflation.
    No, they don't "print money" to pay their obligations. They issue bonds to pay their obligations. It's the central bank that "prints money." And neither operation causes inflation.
    ___________________________________________

    Enchanted Necromancer Brings Life Back To Once-Dead Argument

  10. #50
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    830

    Re: Pocahontas Warren's plan to spend America into peace, prosperity and happiness for all

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    Wrong. Please try again.
    LOL
    All presidents prior to 1913 did not present their taxes. The 16th amendment was ratified permanently legalizing an income tax.
    Lincoln did briefly impose a tax to pay for the war and their was brief taxation in 1890ís.
    So we can safely say prior to Wilson no president provided their income taxes. Dah.

    The voluntary practice of providing income tax records was started by Richard Nixon.

    Can someone help this guy get on the internet?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •