Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 325

Thread: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

  1. #131
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,893

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    This answer is precisely what I am talking about when it comes to your credibility.

    Agreeing with something Trump did as a matter of principle does not remove how things really work. "SS and Medicare have no business being part of the deficit (i.e. budget)" is a political position you may have, but all government ran funds operate the same way meaning your rhetoric is useless.

    No matter how you think it should work every single cent coming into Social Security (for example) is immediately exchanged for special issued intergovernmental debt every single day, with those funds ending up in the general ledger. All as a matter of law. Also, every single dollar paid out of Social Security is paid for by cashing in aged special issued intergovernmental debt down to the cent with that check coming from the general ledger. Every transaction between the Social Security "Trust Fund" and the general ledger is reported, and the "Status" of the Trust Fund comes down to the trend in how much of that special intergovernmental debt is held down to the penny. Based on the economy and relation of inbound to outbound tells us the health of the Fund.

    What that means is from a budget position every source of revenue ends up in a giant pool just as every expenditure comes out of that pool. Any action taken by the government that impacts any revenue or expenditure determines their relation and results in either deficit or surplus. Social Security is not excluded, nor is Medicare. They all matter, none are excluded no matter how clever your argument is that they should be. They are not, period. Mandatory, non-mandatory, by department, by fund, whatever else... it is all spending, all outlays. Revenue from Corporate Taxes, Individual Taxes, Fees, Withholding for Social Security or Medicare... it is all revenue, all in the pool of the general ledger. All as a matter of law.

    The point of this conversation is lowering revenue from any source and keeping spending the same or increasing for any, many, or all areas of spending results in new deficits and additions to Debt.

    It does not matter if some politician wanted something that did not happen, what did happen in terms of revenues and outlays is what matters to our deficit or surplus condition. Your own example illustrates what Republicans in the 115th did. Deficits are increasing for a multitude of reasons, you do not get to save Trump's tax cuts from the discussion just because ideologically you agree with them... those cuts did not occur in a vacuum and deficits jumping was impacted by his cuts, just as it was impacted by other things that make up a fiscal year result.

    Again, your own source confirms all this. Nothing in the entire PDF supports your political desire for "what it should be." You can claim all you want that one action is good, the others are bad, and ignore the fiscal year result... but it kills whatever credibility you had left when you use the very source that tells us the actual results of all the President and associated Congresses actions.
    State governments run this bond racket, too. California takes in Cap and Trade money and allocates it for environmental causes. Then they write bonds and swap out the money. So when you have a politically worthy cause (like getting re elected) you apply to the state to buy those bond back to fund your project.

    This is how California has turned Cap N Trade into to Pork N Trade.
    Antifas job is to do the democrats dirty work.
    Who is going to stop the left from killing the nation?
    America belongs to the rest of the world. Your job is to pay for it.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  2. #132
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,893

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, all by law, legal but that doesn't change the fact that the deficit is skyrocketing because of SS, Medicare, and Interest expenses, NOT Trump spending!!
    They are counting on us Baby Boomers to hurry up and die off and save your sorry asses. Well, guess what? I plan to live forever - So far, so good!
    Antifas job is to do the democrats dirty work.
    Who is going to stop the left from killing the nation?
    America belongs to the rest of the world. Your job is to pay for it.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  3. #133
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,946

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Democrats are better with the deficit than the republicans.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  4. #134
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85,661

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Democrats are better with the deficit than the republicans.
    You are probably the more poorly informed individual in this forum, Obama had a Democratic Congress 2009-2010, two trillion dollar deficits, had a Democratic Senate in 2011-2012, trillion dollar deficits, GOP Congress 2014 and 2016, deficits all under 1 trillion dollars! That is reality, yours is totally and completely biased, partisan, and based upon total ignorance of data

  5. #135
    Educator Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5N, -149W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    I plan to live forever - So far, so good!
    I use to say the same thing, but that was before I died - twice. I'm feeling much better now.

  6. #136
    Educator Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5N, -149W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are probably the more poorly informed individual in this forum, Obama had a Democratic Congress 2009-2010, two trillion dollar deficits, had a Democratic Senate in 2011-2012, trillion dollar deficits, GOP Congress 2014 and 2016, deficits all under 1 trillion dollars! That is reality, yours is totally and completely biased, partisan, and based upon total ignorance of data
    He is making the same civically ignorant mistake most voters make by associating the President with congressional spending. It is not helped by the fact that most presidential candidates make spending promises that only Congress can keep. Like "Read my lips, no new taxes!" or "I will build that wall!"

  7. #137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85,661

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    He is making the same civically ignorant mistake most voters make by associating the President with congressional spending. It is not helped by the fact that most presidential candidates make spending promises that only Congress can keep. Like "Read my lips, no new taxes!" or "I will build that wall!"
    What is so sad is that civics doesn't seem to be a subject being taught in schools these days which is creating very poorly educated people on how our gov't works.

  8. #138
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,041

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are probably the more poorly informed individual in this forum, Obama had a Democratic Congress 2009-2010, two trillion dollar deficits, had a Democratic Senate in 2011-2012, trillion dollar deficits
    Obama inherited the Lesser Depression (A.K.A. The Great Recession). Between 2006 and 2009, households lost more than $7 trillion in equity (in terms of real estate). That's a 54% decline in the span of 3 years.



    GOP Congress 2014 and 2016, deficits all under 1 trillion dollars!
    The recovering economy and tax increases helped boost revenue. This is undisputable fact.



    That is reality, yours is totally and completely biased, partisan, and based upon total ignorance of data
    You are the forum embodiment of partisan ignorance.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #139
    Educator Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5N, -149W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is so sad is that civics doesn't seem to be a subject being taught in schools these days which is creating very poorly educated people on how our gov't works.
    That goes back to the Democrat unconstitutional creation of the Department of Education in 1980. They made civics in public schools optional, when they had been mandatory before. Some public schools continued to teach basic civics disguised as either "Social Studies" or "History" classes, but by 1984 the majority of public schools stopped teaching basic civics altogether. Which is why today we have civically illiterate morons and gullible idiots who think Presidents are responsible for congressional spending or can somehow keep a promise that only Congress can keep.

    Unless basic civics is taught again in public schools, I hold no hope for the future of this nation.

  10. #140
    Educator Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5N, -149W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Deficits are exploding – and neither party seems to care

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Obama inherited the Lesser Depression (A.K.A. The Great Recession). Between 2006 and 2009, households lost more than $7 trillion in equity (in terms of real estate). That's a 54% decline in the span of 3 years.

    The recovering economy and tax increases helped boost revenue. This is undisputable fact.

    You are the forum embodiment of partisan ignorance.
    The Democratic Party created the recession, and then made it even worse while Obama was President before being replaced by Republicans in 2010. The 2008-2016 recession was also not nearly as bad as the 1974-1984 recession. To hype it as "The Great Recession" is pure leftist partisan garbage and has absolutely nothing to do with reality. Furthermore, the economy never recovered while Obama was President. Not a single year while Obama was President did the GDP ever reach an annual 3% growth.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •