Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 171

Thread: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

  1. #11
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,064

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Is it your life's mission to get up every morning and post negative anti Trump threads and your partisan opinions? You have been given reasons for this trade deficit and asked to wait for the final results but NO you have to jump all over Trump as if he has personally hurt you, your family, or the country. There obviously is a reason here for this anti Trump tirade on your part so level with us. How has he hurt you, your family, or the country? Has he cut off some special program to you, your welfare check, some other entitlement program you believe you are entitled to?

    You obviously cannot celebrate successes in our economy and offer anything positive. It really is sad to see someone so miserable and so dependent on the President of the United States for one's own personal responsibility issues. Apparently in your world state and local governments aren't needed so let's dissolve them all and make a massive central gov't where they take all the money and send you what they think you need?
    Sorry, I didn't realize that I was supposed to suppress any real news that didn't shine golden light on the Fearless Leader (FL). Yes, the trade deficit increased after FL proclaimed that 'electing him would lower the trade deficit.' Since, we aren't permitted to say that he was wrong, here in Trumplandia, I should have self-censored myself. A Thousand Pardons.

    Meanwhile, you unabashedly blame Democrats for anything and everything that has ever gone wrong. Got it.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #12
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,296

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realize that I was supposed to suppress any real news that didn't shine golden light on the Fearless Leader (FL). Yes, the trade deficit increased after FL proclaimed that 'electing him would lower the trade deficit.' Since, we aren't permitted to say that he was wrong, here in Trumplandia, I should have self-censored myself. A Thousand Pardons.

    Meanwhile, you unabashedly blame Democrats for anything and everything that has ever gone wrong. Got it.
    All you have done is show your total and complete loyalty and partisanship to the radical Democratic Party and context never matters to you. 24/7 Trump bashing is an obsession with you. I blame radicals for everything as you have totally ignored the official data. Good Democrats don't exist in today's Democratic party because I know and was once one. Your partisanship and policies of personal destruction are on full display. You offer nothing but tax the rich and ignore that approximately 50% of income earners aren't paying any FIT thus giving you zero credibility. your Radical party does nothing but spread misery to everyone else and as you are going to see the electorate is fed up with it as the PAC in Ohio is finding out.

  3. #13
    Student expat_panama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    270

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    ...America’s trade deficit narrowed dramatically during the Great Recession, when national consumption faltered...
    So what we got is the trade deficit grows when people make money working:
    tradeemp2019.jpg
    --and this means we're finally recovering from the 2009-2016 era.

    This is what we want isn't it?

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,210

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    All you have done is show your total and complete loyalty and partisanship to the radical Democratic Party and context never matters to you. 24/7 Trump bashing is an obsession with you. I blame radicals for everything as you have totally ignored the official data. Good Democrats don't exist in today's Democratic party because I know and was once one. Your partisanship and policies of personal destruction are on full display. You offer nothing but tax the rich and ignore that approximately 50% of income earners aren't paying any FIT thus giving you zero credibility. your Radical party does nothing but spread misery to everyone else and as you are going to see the electorate is fed up with it as the PAC in Ohio is finding out.
    Ummm Please explain how pointing out the fact that the trade defict has grown under Trump..after his trade war.. when he said that he was going to lower the trade deficit is

    "showing your complete loyalty and partisanship to the radical Democratic Party'?


    Are you saying that using actual facts and figures.. makes you a loyal democratic party member...

    While using lies and half truths makes you a loyal republican?

    Please explain.
    So we should put you down as supporting putting GPS trackers in everyone to "save lives"?
    Vegas Giants: "Sounds fantastic!"

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,325

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Ummm Please explain how pointing out the fact that the trade defict has grown under Trump..after his trade war.. when he said that he was going to lower the trade deficit is

    "showing your complete loyalty and partisanship to the radical Democratic Party'?


    Are you saying that using actual facts and figures.. makes you a loyal democratic party member...

    While using lies and half truths makes you a loyal republican?

    Please explain.
    Why Trump didn't shrink the trade deficit in 2018

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  6. #16
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,296

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Ummm Please explain how pointing out the fact that the trade defict has grown under Trump..after his trade war.. when he said that he was going to lower the trade deficit is

    "showing your complete loyalty and partisanship to the radical Democratic Party'?


    Are you saying that using actual facts and figures.. makes you a loyal democratic party member...

    While using lies and half truths makes you a loyal republican?

    Please explain.
    Haven't been paying attention have you? This is ridiculous, you have a better option than Trump?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    82,296

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Ummm Please explain how pointing out the fact that the trade defict has grown under Trump..after his trade war.. when he said that he was going to lower the trade deficit is

    "showing your complete loyalty and partisanship to the radical Democratic Party'?


    Are you saying that using actual facts and figures.. makes you a loyal democratic party member...

    While using lies and half truths makes you a loyal republican?

    Please explain.
    Post number 4 and Post number 15 but none of that matters as you are simply blinded by hatred for Trump so much that you would all the Democrats to retake the WH with that group of socialists they have running

  8. #18
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lincoln park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,664

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good Democrats don't exist in today's Democratic party because I know and was once one.
    Good Democrats should be... in... any ****ing possible way... measured from your opinions?



    Please. Nobody gives a **** about your opinion of Democrats, nor is it pertinent to this discussion.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #19
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,064

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Even the most liberal economists say the U.S. trade deficit isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. That isn't the point. The point is that Trump made a big deal that the trade deficit was a sign that America was getting cheated by foreigners. His exact words were, “our jobs and wealth are being given to other countries that have taken advantage of us.” The fact that the president makes important decisions based upon false premises IS a cause of concern.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  10. #20
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,064

    Re: In Blow to Trump, America’s Trade Deficit in Goods Hits Record $891 Billion

    Quote Originally Posted by expat_panama View Post
    So what we got is the trade deficit grows when people make money working:
    tradeemp2019.jpg
    --and this means we're finally recovering from the 2009-2016 era.

    This is what we want isn't it?
    I’m sorry, your point is incoherent.

    The overall trade deficit is always equal to the difference between domestic investment spending and domestic saving (both private and public). That’s just accounting.
    Last edited by MTAtech; 03-08-19 at 07:21 AM.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •